The 'September speculation' discussion thread? (No car suggestions)

Well my suggestions for the next update are kinda personal but I think these things need to happen at some stage.

Increase in My Library memory space (5 GB can now be used up quite quickly with replays) and an increase in the allowed liveries we can download
(I believe it's still set at 1000 depending how much else you have in your collection).

Alllowing higher limit for decals from the current limit to.

Tracks - Spa is a very popular track and wouldn't say no but I'd also like to see some of the Gran Turismo 4 tracks make a return.

An improvement should also be made to the daily prize system, one car for 26.0 miles every day is quite easy to do so I would like to see
some more challenging options given for those of us that spend time doing lots of driving.

Examples of my thinking are you are get the 26.0 miles prize car as per usual but you also get three other options as well
so it could be complete in an online race, achieve xx number of drift points or a best lap time trial, I know it might not be popular with
everyone but it'd be optional things you could do.

Return of Seasonal Monthly events with prizes to online portion of the game wouldn't go amiss either.

We need more daily races. What I think we should have is three weeklies and three dailies on at any given time.

As for tracks, if the pattern stays true the next update will probably give us a real track. If so I don't care what it is. As for fictional tracks if Grand Valley comes back (it is the franchise's flagship original circuit) I wanna see the Grand Valley 300 as a Group 3 race.

Single player Seasonal Events like we had during the PS3 era would also be nice. Or at the least, give us better daily race payouts.

And give us the ability to sell prize cars for credits or at least turn them in for something worthwhile.

I'm still hoping for a proper model viewer. GT Sport has some incredibly detailed cars, but right now, we cannot look at all the details at our own leisure. Instead, there are only options that won't give us control over the camera, unless you do a race or something and then go into photo mode. That works but takes unnecessarily long.

Thing is, there is a neat model viewer already in the game; it's just hidden in the livery editor. So far, that was an OK alternative, but now the Mercedes F1 racer is banned from the livery editor - so no luck there. So why not take that function that is already there and make it a menu option for itself, without the livery editor attached?

Last edited:
Some things I personally would like to see in an upcoming update
>Increase the number of liveries,helmets,suits,decals we can save, at the moment we can have (1000), 2000 if we count the favourite slots
>Allow the AI to use our liveries-It's pretty odd to race against the AI when they are all using the exact same livery

This will most likely never happen, but I would like to see a bigger customizing options for road cars like spoliers, bumbers etc. Also ability to upragde brakes to road cars would also be cool..
Then add one of these tracks - Special Stage route X ( it was perfect for drag racing or testing the max speed ), SPA ( so many people want to it, however PD still doesn't care about it )
*Edit also exhaust upragde would be great! Basically if it like in GT5 and GT6.

Last edited:
My only hope is that the player base has dwindled so much in the time leading up to the update that they perform a U-Turn and bring back the daily races.

I would like Spa also, not necessarily to drive, more to please the rest of the community that really want it.

As for cars I'd be happy with more contemporary GT3 and GT4 cars.

Here's a radical idea, don't know if it would fit with GT but...what about a whole series of menus where you could upgrade brakes, suspension, engine parts even boring out and rebalancing the engine, with subtle effects in handling and sound...nah, they'll never go for it.
Kaz said that won't happen in GTSPORT

Last edited by a moderator:
Make daily races daily again. For those who didn't know, daily races are no longer daily:https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html Hopefully if enough of us will complain about it, PD will notice and change it back

+10000
go back to dailies, or how create a pb to be fix by an update, wich was already solved before.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

- New damage sistem, why PD??? Need this
gran-turismo-5-intro-1.jpg

Although odd looking, I'd prefer this damage over the current dents 'cough shadows' and scratches.
In GT5, your car actually looked ****ed up.

I'm not sure that car makers would be keen on looking how their beauty is being destroyed TBH... On other hand, it would be more realistic to have parts falling off (together with real tire punctures, engine and part failures) but do we really need destruction derby in racing game? And imagine you are the best driver on grid, and then some random RNG decides that your cars turbo will fail, not only would it piss you off, but probably that auto make wouldn't come in next game installment...
And of course there is obvious one, a lot of other things would suffer from this, especially fps and graphic fidelity which is already taking limits of PS4...

For the love of god, make the warning lights and flashers on all Safety cars work like the hazard lights on normal cars: not flashing (off) by default, but press a button and they start flashing (on).

I mean how hard can it be?

Let the players decide when we want the lights to flash.

Jeez.

Is there any game on consoles that does that ?Always thought that was automatic no for almost every car game.

Yeah it would piss off all the casuals.
I think Enthusia did this? Or some sim racer from PS2. I swear I remember being able to buy used parts but then it also has a chance of blowing up. I specifically remember my Caterham blowing up because of a used turbo a bought for cheap

Forza 4 had a great mechanic where there was a pretty decent damage model... if anything it was a bit touchy... ie. you really had to try to not hit other cars but further to this... any damage you caused to your car had to be paid out of your winnings.

So much so that you do a Mark Webber Mercedes CLK-GTR flip over the finish line and you win the event but your car is so trashed the cost to fix your car is more than the winnings so you had to dip in your account.

This mechanic apparently really really pissed off people as it disappeared never to be seen again.

My personal suggestion:
Can we in next update moving and enlarge our numberplate? please~
Move ingame ui or thing? I need move that fuel notification more upper.

But here's big suggestion fix again your penalty especially when somebody spun out and hit me, why me get that thing ffs while I spun accidentally hit other it give me penalty (The second one clearly my fault anyway so just focus on first) :lol:

Just something I'd point out, the final FIA season for 2018 seems to bleed into early September.

Considering we didn't get a major update in June because they were focusing on finally starting the 2018 FIA season, would this end up affecting the next update's release date in any shape or form?

Theres already several hundred scapes, and museum pictures are already on the internet. I don't think they have enough core content to be wasting any resources on them.
Oh ok. Damn you scared me there I thought you were suggesting to abolish Scapes :scared:

Certain none of this will happen:
  • Linear throttle
  • Custom music
  • Option to turn off cockpit wheel
  • Wet conditions with dynamic options for crying out loud
  • Dynamic time
  • A worthwhile offline campaign
  • Course maker
  • A consistent penalty system that doesn’t change as the wind blows
  • A ranking system that applies individually to certain events and cars
  • A level ranking number that indicates a driver’s overall ability, not just how long they’ve played
  • A daily log-in bonus, get rid of the free car roulette wheel
  • Mileage points used as discounts to purchase ANY car

Last edited:
- more Gr.2 cars and classic GT500 cars
- more KeiCars to fit in the new Kcup
- adding completely new brands like TVR or Abarth or Lotus
- a new VGT (I wish they will do it a new one)
- instead 1 track, 2 tracks like Fuji speedway and a new oval track Daytona
- the game is lacking of weather dynamic
- new damage system like in GT5
- the game is lacking of sport SUV
- online lobbies for 20 players instead 16
- more daily race because I think 3 type of races daily aren't enough
- more events like a Lamborghini event or a Mitsubishi cup you know manufacture cups
- an option to upgrade normal cars like the Mazda MX5 into GR.4 or GR.3 car

Lotus got bought by some terrible Chinese holding company which is why their aren't any in the game. It messed up the licensing deal.

Back