The 'September speculation' discussion thread? (No car suggestions)

Lotus got bought by some terrible Chinese holding company which is why their aren't any in the game. It messed up the licensing deal.
Nope. And Geely isn't a holding company (although its parent company, Zhejiang Geely, technically is), it's a car manufacturer which also owns Volvo, Polestar and Lynk.

If we get snow, I'm doing this with my Volkswagen.
maxresdefault.jpg

I think the game will get snow tracks in the future because we have the option for snow tires in the game.
And weather because we have rain tires but no rain outside of the Northern Isle Festival missions which don't even let you use them. Dynamic weather would be a lot of fun in the weeklies (Or dailies if they revert back to daily again). It would work well for Daily Race C given that they're always mini endurances.

Certain none of this will happen:
  • Linear throttle (Staying hopeful this is fixed, or made an option)
  • Custom music (Probably not happening)
  • Option to turn off cockpit wheel (Won't happen)
  • Wet conditions with dynamic options for crying out loud (Seems to be on its way; cars support rain, tracks do not yet)
  • Dynamic time (Won't happen, Yamauchi specifically mentioned this)
  • A worthwhile offline campaign (Challenges, GT League)
  • Course maker (Won't happen, I do miss it though)
  • A consistent penalty system that doesn’t change as the wind blows (Improving it is better than leaving it broken)
  • A ranking system that applies individually to certain events and cars (Could get complex, and not really needed)
  • A level ranking number that indicates a driver’s overall ability, not just how long they’ve played (Driver/Sportsmanship rating)
  • A daily log-in bonus, get rid of the free car roulette wheel (Depending on how much you play, the car roulette is usually worth more in terms of credit value, compared to the percentage-based bonus on race results from GT5/6)
  • Mileage points used as discounts to purchase ANY car (Certain cars are 100% discount with mileage points)

• Combination of daily and weekly races
  • Camera settings: Camera shake and movement in cockpit view from the closed beta with some settings for tweaks.
  • Dynamic weather system (though this is highly unlikely, Kaz Yamauchi said in April, it will be static)
  • Fix of the thumbs animation on the steering wheel
  • Offline save file and Brand Central available offline
  • GT League: More event variety. Time trials, drift races, Rally races. Bonus XP/Credits for some little challenges like reaching some high speed or never fall behind a certain position. Also Qualifying and Championships would be a nice addition.
  • More settings for time of day. Nürburgring Nordschleife (Midnight, and 6 AM with fog), Le Mans (Midnight)
  • Rear mirror for hood cam. Some options for hood cam (camera shaking etc.).
  • Short key for deactivating/activating HUD (left or right d-button) while driving.
  • While driving without HUD it still should be possible to open the menu for live-settings (TC, fuel management, brake balance etc.) on a steering wheel or Dual Shock 4.

Thanks for the reply. :)

• A worthwhile offline campaign (Challenges, GT League) - though I was thinking of a progression type of offline career, the current offline modes don’t do much for me
  • A level ranking number that indicates a driver’s overall ability, not just how long they’ve played (Driver/Sportsmanship rating) - I’m speaking of the ‘Level’ number not the DR/SR rating
  • A daily log-in bonus, get rid of the free car roulette wheel (Depending on how much you play, the car roulette is usually worth more in terms of credit value, compared to the percentage-based bonus on race results from GT5/6)
  • Mileage points used as discounts to purchase ANY car (Certain cars are 100% discount with mileage points) - ANY car
The last two bullet points coincide with each other, though your point is well taken. For me, there’s little incentive to purchase any (especially expensive) cars knowing you could wind up getting it for free. Nothing more irritating than plunking all of your credits down for a 20 mil car only to be gifted it, even if you can sell the one you purchased.

If PD holds to there pattern of releasing real world tracks from a previous version, having a lot of European tracks in succession lately, I would expect either Asian or American track such as Fuji or Laguna Seca being the next track.

If PD holds to there pattern of releasing real world tracks from a previous version, having a lot of European tracks in succession lately, I would expect either Asian or American track such as Fuji or Laguna Seca being the next track.

...I was thinking to say Fuji is one of the tracks that could come next. It has really changeable weather, a lot of rainy days there, and after this tire physics upgrade, if PD keeps it up with their usual routine giving next real world track, there is big probability that Fuji is the one...

Thanks for the reply. :)
  • A level ranking number that indicates a driver’s overall ability, not just how long they’ve played (Driver/Sportsmanship rating) - I’m speaking of the ‘Level’ number not the DR/SR rating
Huh? The DR is a level, just that instead of a number it is a letter. You essentially have Level 1 to 6 (E to A+, not including S).
There is no need for another driver rating but with a Level number. And anyway, what other way can another rank be measured to indicate ability, that isn't the same as driver rating? And no, a level which in some way tries to represent ability based off single player makes no sense if you are going to suggest it.

This month could be a bit interesting. 1.23 brought a lot of controversial changes and additions, and depending on how strong the reactions are and how quick (or if) the dust settles we could see some of them get retracted.

I don’t see the microtransactions going away, unless Sony/PD goes maximum backpedal and removes them and offers refunds. I just don’t think the change is invasive or economy-breaking enough, nor do I think the reaction is strong enough for the change to take place.

I don’t think the Mercedes F1 will recieve an editable livery. It’s likely that due to the premium nature of F1, Merc wouldn’t want sponsors to be adjusted or changed and then presented in a particularly realistic and believable format, especially if people start doing Ferrari mockups. It’s possible that they could open up parts of the editor, i.e. custom body and wheel paint, maybe even some decal integration if they keep sponsor and imported decals locked. However that still runs the risk of someone drawing up brand logos out of the shapes and tools that’d still be available.

“Daily” races could actually return to the daily format. This is one area that PD can directly track and correlate player response fairly easily - if people don’t like some sort of change made in sport mode, player count will start dropping like flies. If PD sees such a decline in this first week or two of the weekly “daily” race format, they may release an emergency hot fix to keep the player retention going.

As far as new content goes? More League and Circuit Experiece events, Scapes, and Museum additions are pretty much a given, cars and tracks are extremely likely, it’s much more a question of “what” rather than “if” (and also probably some “when”’s).

There’s a few things we know about and can expect to arrive at some point - though, there’s no way of knowing if any of this will arrive in August:

- More SEMA cars. Bruce Leven’s Ford was seen getting scanned back in November, and I recall Sung Kang’s 240z and one of the many Camaros also being reported to have been scanned or at least visited by PD’s staff in some way.

- Deep Forest is/was being developed, and is/was planned to be added later on.

- There’s a 24 hour esports endurance event to coincide with the real race being held at Catalunya in early September, it sounds like it’ll be somewhat like the Nürburgring event back in May. The track could be added around that time or a little before, but it’s also possible that a track from the existing roster will be picked.

- A couple years back we saw footage of what appeared to be an alpha build of Autopolis running on some special version of GT6. Beyond that we know nothing else of its future development plans.

- Rain and snow tires are available in the game, but we currently have no use for them. Wet and snow conditions could be added at some point, but we don’t know when. That said, I can’t imagine a snow track or additional conditions on the rally courses being added in the summer.

Clearly a majority of the car pack content has had returning premium models from GT5&6. Almost every pack has featured older JDM cars, an entry or two from Lamborghini and Ferrari, and a selection of some sort of sub-theme (JDM, muscle, Super GT, Toyota, Group C, etc.). There’s a lot of fan favorites that haven’t yet returned, and a lot of models that could fill some nice gaps, and several that in general seem likely to return, so here’s what I predict could land in the next content update:

Acura/Honda - OG NSX
Audi - ‘03 TT
BMW - Z8
Chevy - ‘69 Camaro
Dodge - ‘08 Challenger (also the Touring car variant, possibly for Gr. 4)
Ferrari - F430
Ferrari - Dino
Fiat/Abarth - ‘08 500 (actually not sure which model would be more likely, I personally lean towards the Fiat as it would flesh out the brand a little more)
Ford - Mk. IV Race Car
Honda - ‘97 Civic
Honda - ‘06 S2000
Lamborghini - ‘09 Murcielago LP 640
Lamborghini - ‘08 Gallardo (personally feel like we’d get only one Lamborghini, in which case I’d lean more towards the Murci)
Lancia - Stratos
Lancia - Delta
Lexus - LFA
Mazda - 1st Gen MX-5
Mercedes - ‘54 300 SL
Mercedes - SLR McLaren
Nissan - 370Z
Renault - ‘66 R8 Gordini
Shelby - Daytona Coupe
Suzuki - Cappuccino (could be the ‘91 or ‘95)
Toyota - Prius (any generation)
Volkswagen - ‘66 Beetle

It’s likely we’ll see more standard cars return in new “super-premium” glory, but I really have no clue what may be next on the list to recieve such a treatment. There’s also several modern cars that have a mysterious absence in GT Sport, especially considering the seemingly close relationship PD seem to have with many of the brands. Namely the Chiron, 488, P1 or 720S, and the current-gen Ford GT. Porsche also has a small amount of offerings regardless of era. I’d put these in a list of predictions, but I was surprised none were there at launch, and more so that they still haven’t shown up in any car packs - so I can’t really say I suddenly expect them to pop up now.

I think it’s possible that Spa could arrive in August. The Belgian GP lands conveniently right at the end of the month, just about when one would expect an update, so the stars seem to be aligning. However - I had similar thoughts with the 24hr Blancpain race. We’ve only had one real world track arrive alongside a major racing event (Le Mans), everything else has just dropped when it’s dropped - PD hasn’t really set any precedent here. I’ll say Spa is likely, but I wouldn’t bank all of my money on it.

I hope they make it so I don’t have to click X seven times every time I move between a menu while trying to play the game while the server is offline.

This month could be a bit interesting. 1.23 brought a lot of controversial changes and additions, and depending on how strong the reactions are and how quick (or if) the dust settles we could see some of them get retracted.

I don’t see the microtransactions going away, unless Sony/PD goes maximum backpedal and removes them and offers refunds. I just don’t think the change is invasive or economy-breaking enough, nor do I think the reaction is strong enough for the change to take place.

I don’t think the Mercedes F1 will recieve an editable livery. It’s likely that due to the premium nature of F1, Merc wouldn’t want sponsors to be adjusted or changed and then presented in a particularly realistic and believable format, especially if people start doing Ferrari mockups. It’s possible that they could open up parts of the editor, i.e. custom body and wheel paint, maybe even some decal integration if they keep sponsor and imported decals locked. However that still runs the risk of someone drawing up brand logos out of the shapes and tools that’d still be available.

“Daily” races could actually return to the daily format. This is one area that PD can directly track and correlate player response fairly easily - if people don’t like some sort of change made in sport mode, player count will start dropping like flies. If PD sees such a decline in this first week or two of the weekly “daily” race format, they may release an emergency hot fix to keep the player retention going.

As far as new content goes? More League and Circuit Experiece events, Scapes, and Museum additions are pretty much a given, cars and tracks are extremely likely, it’s much more a question of “what” rather than “if” (and also probably some “when”’s).

There’s a few things we know about and can expect to arrive at some point - though, there’s no way of knowing if any of this will arrive in August:

- More SEMA cars. Bruce Leven’s Ford was seen getting scanned back in November, and I recall Sung Kang’s 240z and one of the many Camaros also being reported to have been scanned or at least visited by PD’s staff in some way.

- Deep Forest is/was being developed, and is/was planned to be added later on.

- There’s a 24 hour esports endurance event to coincide with the real race being held at Catalunya in early September, it sounds like it’ll be somewhat like the Nürburgring event back in May. The track could be added around that time or a little before, but it’s also possible that a track from the existing roster will be picked.

- A couple years back we saw footage of what appeared to be an alpha build of Autopolis running on some special version of GT6. Beyond that we know nothing else of its future development plans.

- Rain and snow tires are available in the game, but we currently have no use for them. Wet and snow conditions could be added at some point, but we don’t know when. That said, I can’t imagine a snow track or additional conditions on the rally courses being added in the summer.

Clearly a majority of the car pack content has had returning premium models from GT5&6. Almost every pack has featured older JDM cars, an entry or two from Lamborghini and Ferrari, and a selection of some sort of sub-theme (JDM, muscle, Super GT, Toyota, Group C, etc.). There’s a lot of fan favorites that haven’t yet returned, and a lot of models that could fill some nice gaps, and several that in general seem likely to return, so here’s what I predict could land in the next content update:

Acura/Honda - OG NSX
Audi - ‘03 TT
BMW - Z8
Chevy - ‘69 Camaro
Ferrari - F430
Ferrari - Dino
Fiat/Abarth - ‘08 500 (actually not sure which model would be more likely, I personally lean towards the Fiat as it would flesh out the brand a little more)
Ford - Mk. IV Race Car
Honda - ‘97 Civic
Honda - ‘06 S2000
Lamborghini - ‘08 Gallardo (personally feel like we’d get only one Lamborghini, in which case I’d lean more towards the Murci)
Lancia - Stratos
Lancia - Delta
Lexus - LFA
Mazda - 1st Gen MX-5
Mercedes - ‘54 300 SL
Mercedes - SLR McLaren
Nissan - 370Z
Renault - ‘66 R8 Gordini
Shelby - Daytona Coupe
Volkswagen - ‘66 Beetle

It’s likely we’ll see more standard cars return in new “super-premium” glory, but I really have no clue what may be next on the list to recieve such a treatment. There’s also several modern cars that have a mysterious absence in GT Sport, especially considering the seemingly close relationship PD seem to have with many of the brands. Namely the Chiron, 488, P1 or 720S, and the current-gen Ford GT. Porsche also has a small amount of offerings regardless of era. I’d put these in a list of predictions, but I was surprised none were there at launch, and more so that they still haven’t shown up in any car packs - so I can’t really say I suddenly expect them to pop up now.

I think it’s possible that Spa could arrive in August. The Belgian GP lands conveniently right at the end of the month, just about when one would expect an update, so the stars seem to be aligning. However - I had similar thoughts with the 24hr Blancpain race. We’ve only had one real world track arrive alongside a major racing event (Le Mans), everything else has just dropped when it’s dropped - PD hasn’t really set any precedent here. I’ll say Spa is likely, but I wouldn’t bank all of my money on it.

A riveting read as always - thank you :cheers:.

Re the cars, the only thing I would add to your list is something like a returning Mini soon, as we still have nothing in that brand but for the VGT.

Daihatsu was in the same position until the last update brought the Copen. We might get an upgraded Chaparral fan car for the same reason (a fan favourite). I also have a minor suspicion they might add an old Iso Grifo or something like that as that VGT looks odd by itself (but this is less likely than the Mini) and would be completely new.

A riveting read as always - thank you :cheers:.

Re the cars, the only thing I would add to your list is something like a returning Mini soon, as we still have nothing in that brand but for the VGT.

Daihatsu was in the same position until the last update brought the Copen. We might get an upgraded Chaparral fan car for the same reason (a fan favourite). I also have a minor suspicion they might add an old Iso Grifo or something like that as that VGT looks odd by itself (but this is less likely than the Mini) and would be completely new.

I agree on the Mini front (especially after the museum additions), but I honestly have no clue which of the Premium models PD would select since many are similar, and some have become a bit outdated. I feel like the more likely model(s) would be one of the Mk. i-vii era cars, and I believe of those only the Mk. vii was in GT6, and it was a standard car. If PD've gone about scanning new models around the same time they added the museum (March if I recall), then by their often-quoted 6-month modeling period that would place new Minis no earlier than September.

They could've done the Mini research and scanning much earlier and I could be totally wrong though.

-Customisable HUD: it's simply too busy for me and the fuel alert is awful (I'm sure Poly knows it, it can be read on every forum).

-More camera views and options like a dash cam and a 360 view. The very static camera makes GT dull and boring for a casual player. They could offer a G sensitive camera, add vibrations to the cockpit view. Options are never a bad thing and Gt suffers from its reputation. IMO, the camera view is the most important thing for a racing game.

-Offline Championships with pointq, qualifications and cool rewards.

In general, GTSport needs more cars/tracks AND features.

-Customisable HUD: it's simply too busy for me and the fuel alert is awful

I agree.

Plus...
-Rain/weather effects

-Customizable lobby championships, with set time qualifying/race starts

-Time Trials with friends/global leaderboards (inc Drift Trials)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/would-time-trials-be-better-with-friends-global-times.369768/

- Time Trial/Drift Trial regional or global events (time limited, ie weekly events)

The game needs more variety of online competitive events

Acura/Honda - OG NSX
Audi - ‘03 TT
BMW - Z8
Chevy - ‘69 Camaro
Ferrari - F430
Ferrari - Dino
Ford - Mk. IV Race Car
Honda - ‘97 Civic
Honda - ‘06 S2000
Lancia - Stratos
Lancia - Delta
Lexus - LFA
Mazda - 1st Gen MX-5
Mercedes - ‘54 300 SL
Mercedes - SLR McLaren
Nissan - 370Z
Renault - ‘66 R8 Gordini
Shelby - Daytona Coupe
Volkswagen - ‘66 Beetle

I have been thinking along these lines as well and many of your predictions are logical. Here are a few more that might very well return (not suggesting here, just going by patterns seen so far):

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
BMW 507
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Jaguar XKR
Maserati Gran Turismo S
Mazda RX-8 Type S
Mini Cooper S
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (Z32)
Nissan March 12SR
Nissan Silvia (S13, S14 and S15)
Shelby GT350
Subaru Impreza 22B STI
Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA
Volkswagen Scirocco R (stock version)

I have been thinking along these lines as well and many of your predictions are logical. Here are a few more that might very well return (not suggesting here, just going by patterns seen so far):

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
BMW 507
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Jaguar XKR
Maserati Gran Turismo S
Mazda RX-8 Type S
Mini Cooper S
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (Z32)
Nissan March 12SR
Nissan Silvia (S13, S14 and S15)
Shelby GT350
Subaru Impreza 22B STI
Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA
Volkswagen Scirocco R (stock version)

Most likely all Ferraris and Lamborghinis from previous GT's will make their way into GTSPORT, in pretty much every update there's been a Ferrari or a Lambo

To that add some classic japanese cars and vintage race cars and that will be my prediction when it comes to returning cars

Please, for the love of God, allow us to upgrade to sport or race spec brakes for N class cars. I don’t see the point of upping the power of a GT-R by 50% and not having improved stopping power.

I don’t even care if they are eligible for online racing (although I’m sure it could be factored into BoP). Just gives those of us who enjoy driving a modified road car to have a balanced vehicle.

I’d also very much like official and aftermarket bodykits, wings and splitters to be introduced. A visual update that needn’t affect performance (for online competition) and will give the Mileage Store renewed importance. Interior modifications would also be welcome such as aftermarket seats, steering wheels etc.

Last edited:
Things i'd like to see:
- The ability to choose your number in GT League
- The ability to paint front and rear wheels different colours
- The ability to choose liveries in the Scapes options (You can choose colours for cars from the showroom for brand central scapes, so why not when you pick from your garage??)

There is obviously other things like cars and tracks, but i'm gonna respect the thread!!

Back