The 'September speculation' discussion thread? (No car suggestions)

Afraid you can't win with this, the masses out there are ignorant of where to check for what fuel level remains so PD must appease them by
forcing a reminder on screen for everyone.

One feature I would like to see at some point with the livery editor is if they allowed us the option to retain the livery but change the paint
colour as well as the wheels as I like quite a few of the stock liveries but get frustrated at having to recreate the livery just to get a different
colour on it.

I have an idea,flash the warning sign on screen when there is 1 lap left of fuel,then take it away and only show it again when you have 0.5 left of fuel then take it away again.

More real tracks. Enough with these awful fantasy tracks! Once upon a time, PD knew how to model great fantasy tracks. Whoever did those have obviously left PD. Stick to modeling great tracks that have stood the test of time, either new real ones or their legacy real ones (how I miss Ascari!).
>>Opinions<<Why is everyone in this forum talking as if their opinion is correct or the only one? Your opinion is a subjective friend, many others love the new tracks

And that, my friend, is also only YOUR opinion. Many others do love some of the new fantasy tracks. Many others hate them. Many, many others post constantly about when GTS is going to bring back the classic fantasy tracks. So, hardly a ringing endorsement.

I'd be interested in what the numbers would be from people that played GT5/6 if offered all the old tracks back at the price of losing the new ones (fantasy, that is). Me, I'd pay that price in a heartbeat. I think many others would, too... It isn't familiarity. It's flow.

I just feel that PD went overboard with the curbs, with excessive runoff, with suicide corners that no real track would design. Poor flow, poor clean passing opportunities, too much runoff allowing dirty passing. If you look at the track maps for the new fantasy tracks and compare to the old ones, I think it's easy to see a design philosophy change. Now, I may be wrong, maybe it IS the same team designing these new ones. But there is a definitely noticeable change in flow, in philosophy, in the ability to cheat the curbs.

Take the city tracks (please! ba-dum-tss!)... Old Tokyo and Rome, flow was clean as a whistle. New Tokyo tracks are a bashfest that few decent drivers even want to be on. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of these new tracks. And that, of course (:rolleyes:) is my opinion.

There isn't anywhere near enough people saying remove the low fuel warning so:

Remove Low Fuel Warning

Remove Low Fuel Warning

Remove Low Fuel Warning

Remove Low Fuel Warning

Remove Low Fuel Warning

also rain.

How about just move it out of the center of the screen..? Bottom right or left, plenty of room...

Well....

https://www.gtplanet.net/did-polyph...dentally-reveal-a-new-car-class-for-gt-sport/

"For now at least, it looks like the class label of “Gr.A” was an error. Shortly after GTPlanet’s sharp-eyed users first reported this, the race became a Gr.4 event."-From the article
vader-nooooo.jpg

Edit:
When I look back at Gr. A, Gr. 4 in this game, reads just like Gr. A of the past. Maybe that's it.
Group A has AWD, rwd, fwd, coupes, sedans, hatchbacks, racing together. That's pretty much what it is in GTS.
The game game still needs that TCR class though.

Last edited:
Livery Editor: Just save your downloaded stickers/decals in a chronological way would be very helpful. Creating favourite folders is a nice feature, but searching the complete index of the downloaded decals is a waste of time.

Last edited:
Afraid you can't win with this, the masses out there are ignorant of where to check for what fuel level remains so PD must appease them by
forcing a reminder on screen for everyone.

I wish, but PD needs to cater to dumb players.
If they make it an option (as they should), and have it be on by default, you can please both sides. But I guess that would be too sensible...

If they make it an option (as they should), and have it be on by default, you can please both sides. But I guess that would be too sensible...

I've likened a lot of PD's game choices, and the studio's approach to game design in general, as a bit like Apple. Look at the iPhone versus an Android phone; there's a lot less customization inherent in the Apple package. There's very much a feel of "use this device the way we want you to" about Apple products in general, and I say that as someone that's pretty much completely swapped over to the ecosystem after growing up on PC (for work reasons).

Other games have ways for players to tinker with difficulty levels, customize the HUD, or fine-tune the FFB. GT offers very little of that; there's the very basic difficulty selections in Arcade Mode, but there's only ever been one level for the main campaigns in the previous games. There's not a ton of options for mixing and matching the HUD. I'm still sort of surprised at how few options there are to really personalize the FFB, too. Other games can sometimes get a little too technical on that front, but surely there's a middle ground to be had.

daily races with qualification for each race like in the FIA races
and for the penalties: give us a sign on the screen exactly when the penalty occurs.

daily races with qualification for each race like in the FIA races
and for the penalties: give us a sign on the screen exactly when the penalty occurs.

I'm afraid that's impossible,that little delay from the contact to the penalty warning is the AI judging the contact and coming to a conclusion,my idea is for a warning to pop up saying "Contact being investigated" right when the contact occurs,similar to the yellow flag warning in the game.

I feel like they should add a pikes peak track for drifting and circuit racing purposes and maybie make a realistic crash physics like in beam ng which you can toggle on or off

Personally, i would love to race some european hill climb events. Pikes Peak would also be nice, the race to the clouds was always a nice competition.
Maybe you don't know anything about these european hillclimb races, just take a look what i'm talking about:

" The European Hill Climb Championship is an FIA-run motorsport competition held across Europe on closed public road courses.
Unlike circuit racing, each driver competes alone, starting from a point at the base of a mountain and reaching a finish point near the summit. The European Championship allows single-seater cars, open-cockpit sports prototypes, and touring cars with varying degrees of technical preparation..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Hill_Climb_Championship

Take a little (onboard) tour with Christian Merli :bowdown:

Or check out the review of an actual event

- The low fuel notification does really annoy the crap out of me, so maybe an option to show it once and disappear and an option to turn it off completely (only showing it in the hud bottom left).

- The windshield reflections need to be dialed down a ton. They make cockpit view almost unusable in some cars.

- The timetrail settings for placing the car back on track need to be ‘remembered’, now you have to set those every time. And just give us a reset button so we can reset the car ourselves when we don’t want to plow through the gravel to get back on track or are stuck somewhere.

- The option to change livery in the garage settings, mostly while in a lobby, but during offline racing as well.

- Setting liveries for AI would be nice. Now it always feels (and looks) weird when you’re driving in a full race livery against ordinary looking street cars, or at least give AI cars a number plate and some random sponsor logos.

- When doing a career championship, every race there’s different opponents. You never feel like you’re battling for a championship, just stand alone races.

I'd like to see the following:

- Special Paint colours can be applied to helmets, and also to decals

- Visor strips included in the helmet editor

- The ability to link a helmet and a race suit with a livery, so that you can change cars/liveries and have a matching suit and helmet follow automatically

They built social.medis into the game but thats it,it's there, but doesn't do anything except let you collect "likes". It would be nice if it was actually useful, like send out a message to friends "beat my time with x car on y track" or setup track time with friends, or league creation for friends. So many things to add to make this game amazing and PD seems stuck in the 1990's when it comes to online play mechanics

Personally, i would love to race some european hill climb events. Pikes Peak would also be nice, the race to the clouds was always a nice competition.
Maybe you don't know anything about these european hillclimb races, just take a look what i'm talking about:

" The European Hill Climb Championship is an FIA-run motorsport competition held across Europe on closed public road courses.
Unlike circuit racing, each driver competes alone, starting from a point at the base of a mountain and reaching a finish point near the summit. The European Championship allows single-seater cars, open-cockpit sports prototypes, and touring cars with varying degrees of technical preparation..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Hill_Climb_Championship

Take a little (onboard) tour with Christian Merli :bowdown:

Or check out the review of an actual event

Was pikes peak in a past gt game?

Last edited by a moderator:
They built social.medis into the game but thats it,it's there, but doesn't do anything except let you collect "likes". It would be nice if it was actually useful, like send out a message to friends "beat my time with x car on y track" or setup track time with friends, or league creation for friends. So many things to add to make this game amazing and PD seems stuck in the 1990's when it comes to online play mechanics
It's better than some others, since other games don't even have a community embedded to the game. But I agree that it can be done better. If GT6's Community tab (groups, messages, favorite car list) would be merged with GTS' (uh... other than sharing liveries isn't this a dumbed down version of the former?) it would be perfect

Spa Spa Spa... How boring is this now? Spa isn't even all that compared to a whole load of tracks. I have list of tracks I'd much rather before spa that actually demand much more attention and skill. Let's move on from spa please...

I'd love to see the ability to change paint in livery editor per section for the first time rather than all sections such as, a car had a carbon bonnet, I paint it and now its white. That drives me crazy because we have no realistic carbon options. (say what you like about decals but they are not the same).

special paints on decals.

ability to edit sun strips.

a little more freedom with wheels. (add dish etc) I'm not looking for an advanced selection, just something simple.

a long shot but simple 2 tone gradients?

better suit and helmet editing. Like I just seen mentioned, visor editing?.

a less intruding low fuel notification.

more customisable hud. Gt5 got it right, just having the dials on bumper cam was awesome!.

toggle mfd while hud is off with controller. (TVs,bb,fuel map) if I was that eager to use it, id remember where I was with it.

of course this isn't a 1 update idea, this is just some things I'd like to see. I'm thrilled that we get so much content but i want improvements over content. The livery editor is such a big hit but its still lacking a lot.

Slipstrzem or however it is spelled hit the nail on the head with the user modifying the product. Kaz wants the game used his way, which I get with the whole fia stuff and he wants to limit advantages wherever he can (even if this isn't the plan) but obviously a reason exists for it. But a racing game isn't really the platform for that, especially one so popular with a player base that has always cried for more and more options and changeability.

Last edited:
A customisable hud would be great, now my wheel is in front of most of the hud. It would be nice to move the dials to the left or right corners of the screen.

This. Plus more range for adjustment of seat position in cockpit view and possibility to turn rim on/off, we already got one rim in our hands. How hard could it be? I wanna get immersion of driving a car not sitting in hood or roof or flying in behind of the car. There are many like me and I think this doesn't take so much away from developing game.

A customisable hud would be great, now my wheel is in front of most of the hud. It would be nice to move the dials to the left or right corners of the screen.

This is one area the PC port of NFS Porsche Unleashed really nailed.

They need to add Gr. A=TCR/WTCR as this category is growing.
I don't recall the series being licenced to any particular developer. I have seen a pic of a WTCR Civic from Raceroom. Still, an awesome series made for GTS.
Wouldn't it be too similar to Gr.4?

Wouldn't it be too similar to Gr.4?
no. tc cars don't include supers. They are based on everyday cars such as hatchbacks and saloons so it would open the door for more brands\models to make it into gts. Gr4 is a lesser gr3, tc stands alone completely.

no. tc cars don't include supers. They are based on everyday cars such as hatchbacks and saloons so it would open the door for more brands\models to make it into gts. Gr4 is a lesser gr3, tc stands alone completely.
Yeah but imagining it in GTS it becomes similar to me :D

Back