The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
They need to allow any car you choose to race in it and get paid for it. If they don't follow this up with more content, this is absolutely no different than the Goodwood events. Which is basically a waste once you've done them all. As it is with this, once you get the Gold there is no reason to do it anymore.

I actually don't mind and would rather them picking the car, so long as they do so weekly or fortnightly.

If they do a PP limit then it would be Suzuki GX for 450-500pp,NSX for 550pp etc,etc. then that would spoil it in a similar way to what has happened to the TT's.

Question.
Can you drive on Sierra with any car in free run or arcade mode?
Is the track available to drive with any car once you ulocked it or complete the event?

yeh i know.. im not at home and wont be able to get the update till tomorrow

Question.
Can you drive on Sierra with any car in free run or arcade mode?
Is the track available to drive with any car once you ulocked it or complete the event?

Yes you can
It becomes available once you have completed the first Time Rally Challenge with the Abarth 500.

arcade mode, free run for online events both available - actual time rally you can only use the three cars they've prepped.Gold on each event also gets you loadsamoney as previously mentioned, plus the prepped version of the car from the respective event - since the GTO is 1.25 mil plus mods, I reckon this is a pretty sweet deal!

I have noticed, that on the last challenge there are approx. 50% less cars to overtake. Take a look :)

with the slower cars you get time to think (though opponents still seem to pull out at inopportune moments) - with the GTO this would be carnage...

Stage 1 - 2,262,228
Stage 2 - 1,848,345
Stage 3 - 1,365,721

When this say use the Nitro in suitable place could gain more points, that means faster = more Score

I found the n2o very useful for all three cars, but in different ways. The Abarth needs it in uphill sections, for the VW I mainly used it for overtaking, and for the GTO to get more speed on the fast sections.

I did not pay to much attention to my final score. Golded the first one on the first try, had the bouns up to 36 before I lost it by going off track in a tight corner.
FFB was weird and needed adjusting so I tweaked it a bit and tried the VW. Silver on the first try, Gold on the second, lost bonus on both but passed I think it was 57 cars in the VW.
FFB still wrong so tweaked it some more and tried the GTO. Came up short twice loosing bonus over the jump and going off track from over cooking a corner only managing Silver.

Came back a bit later and remembered that I had turned on Power Steering after one of the previous updates to reduce the shake on the straights. Turned that back off and Golded the GTO event with a perfect run or so it said [there were several mistakes along the way, even some light contact]

I think the scores were in the 1.2 -1.3 million range on each of the events and of course around 5 million credits and 3 cars :)

I'm not really concerned about the overall score so long as it was Gold level. Once the money is collected and the car is won, can't see spending more time trying to improve the score though I am sure I could easily get a perfect run on all three of them now that I have a few laps under my belt and have the FFB sorted

1.4 millon with the Fiat not horrible for me who was not played since before the BMW vision GT came out lol. I lost time trying to make a perfect run had to slam the brakes dodging the fit and the citroen C4 which I caught at really bad times

A direct lift from the arcade game, Outrun. I spent lots of quarters trying to beat this game.

outrun-0111.jpg

I find it grating.

Here you go:

Undocumented Changes
- You can change the color of the new gauge in game on the Quick Menu (or Start Menu)-
there's 4 new options just for the color customization (Actual Color, Hue, Saturation and Brightness)
- Replay camera now switches to in car and then back to the outside view when in "cinematic view"
- No Hybrids or electric cars can get gauges, and it seems most classic cars can't get gauges.
- The time rally sounds ("jump bonus", "overtake", "good job", "10, 9, 8..." etc.) are disabled if you go to the menu and select Race Info Display -> Off.

Hate how other cars bumping into you = -1 collision
or how the car in front just happens to spin out right in front of yo = -1 collision -_-"

a quick question, if I may - I tried yesterday only practise mode, part1. After a few attempts with BMW M3 the part2 did not unlock.

Can anyone help me with condidions, that unlock the remaining stages in practise mode? Thank you in advance.

a quick question, if I may - I tried yesterday only practise mode, part1. After a few attempts with BMW M3 the part2 did not unlock.

Can anyone help me with condidions, that unlock the remaining stages in practise mode? Thank you in advance.

You need to do the rally in order to unlock them.

...has anyone else come across a Sambabus that is travelling faster than any Sambabus has travelled before?! Just seen one dispatching a Plymouth Cuda around a curve and then proceed to zip along at Mach 2. Best thing I have ever seen.

It's amazing to see! I just saw one take the inside line on a Lotus Elise and then take off! Laughed about it for the rest of the lap

Back