The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
I found the n2o very useful for all three cars, but in different ways. The Abarth needs it in uphill sections, for the VW I mainly used it for overtaking, and for the GTO to get more speed on the fast sections.

I've only done the Abarth event so far, but you're spot on about the Nitro.

I used it at the start, going up all the hills, coming out of any second gear corner, and through all the speed traps. There's also a few spots where you can use Nitro pick up some extra points by catching air.

There's a second small jump going down the hill immediately after the first jump. I could only ever get the jump bonus here if I used a bit of spray.

There's also a couple jumps on the latter half of the course where you can get a +2 Jump bonus if you hit the jump fast enough.

I try to use most if my spray in the first 2/3 of the course, as that's where the biggest hills are. Save a little bit for the last big hill, and use up whatever is left of the straight by the last "mini-pit" before the final 2 corners.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this new races. It's a bit like the 80's game "OUTRUN", but I like it.
Sadly sometimes the AI racers are very "helpfull" in destroying your bonus. :ouch::ouch::ouch:

For the first one with Abarth 500, presently at 2.463.795 with DS3. :D

Hope some more of these races are coming in the future. Great way to get some easy credits.

It's a bit like the 80's game "OUTRUN"

I thought exactly the same thing, the first thing I thought of was Outrun, just needs the Outrun music!!

I just did one lap last night and thought it was excellent, something a bit different..... really good move! I'm really looking forward to having another go tonight!!! Oh, and this time I must remember the Nitro, totally forgot about it last night!!!

My first impressions then? I'm am impressed. PD really delivered a polished New game mode. One can see that the time it took to prepare this mode was well worth it. The experience feels very balanced . :dopey:👍

First I noticed the variety of cars as traffic. Very nice. And the info of the car instead of random name on top - thumbs up.

Also noticed the variation of the pace of these cars. There was this crazy small 500f passing other cars quite aggressively - made me smile a little.:D update: the cars also pack very nicely. So far saw a pack of 4 ai cars cornering - as a 2x2 -formation for a while. :D

Must also bring up the very well made driving lines of the other cars. One has to be aware, but they don't always block you from the driving line. :) also noticed in few tight passes that one doesn't lose the multiplier if the ai car happens to hit your side/rear after the pass.💡👍

Update:
The points distribution / scale is very well balanced. As one is evaluated based on time left, total number of passes made, max multiplier and "perfect", the parts are valued so, that one hit / loss of multiplier won't totally ruin the score as the extra time is well pointed. :cheers:

Update: Ok - there has to be few down sides to this. :indiff: The forced skid recovery is a big push off for some of us and the world ranking is missing(at this point?). But those are really just some scratches on the icing - for me at least. :sly:

Now just waiting for multiplayer version of the same mode. Point for each pass and a minus one for each time being passed. :cheers:

Also waiting to see if this mode works on other courses.:drool:

And also gift cars with installed parts.. :odd:

Oh and my First touch was 1,340,050 @ Abarth 500

Update:
1,194,275 @ Scirocco R
1,007,936 @ Ferrari GTO
Truth -- I like this new mode very much. It is far more interesting than the super lap trials(I'm really awful at those anyway). I hope this is a new format that is opened for more tracks and a variety of cars.

I've just had a few goes at the Abarth one. 2,605,661

DSC_0305.JPG

I have noticed, that on the last challenge there are approx. 50% less cars to overtake. Take a look :)

It's exactly the same amount as they spawn in front of you. Want proof? Just pass two cars, get away so you can't see them and stop. No one will pass you as they just disappear after you get away for the safe distance (lost them from the rear view mirror).

Plus in the GTO one the AI goes on something like 80% of possible speed (just notice how F40 and the GT40 in front of him are blasting through the track nearly flat). That's why you have a feeling that there are less cars to overtake, because they are going much faster than on the first two trials. In the Abarth one they are simply walking through the corners at idle speed.

It's not that 60 cars are on the track real time - they spawn in every section so there's like 8 to 10 cars at the track every time.

Last edited:
Nice to see some good old fashioned fun being put into GT6 :) It is also nice to see a so called sim embracing this style of game play as well, and not take itself too seriously.

I'd like to see some more time pressure, not to mention some more challenges in the future.

I can't help really, but this song really fits with the arcade-style nature of Sierra Time Rally:

I haven't crossed the checkered flag yet, at least on the Abarth event. :indiff:
(In case you don't get it, part of the vocal in the song I linked is used in the select menu of WMMT3DX)

I can't help really, but this song really fits with the arcade-style nature of Sierra Time Rally:

I haven't crossed the checkered flag yet, at least on the Abarth event. :indiff:
(In case you don't get it, part of the vocal in the song I linked is used in the select menu of WMMT3DX)

Ahah, i always use that when playing Blur!

For the RUF fans...

btrchase.jpg

Yes, it's a glitch. A crash inducing one.

OMGOSH I though you'd figured out a legit way to use other cars in this event!! :indiff: Man, as much as I love the events I so wish we could pick our own car to do the event with. It would be so much fun!!

Guess what I do have as my soundtrack on GT6 these days? All Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune OSTs, from 1 to 5 :D (WMMT3DX and WMMT5 were the hardest to find, but it was just some new tunes anyway)

It fits really well this game mode and it's cool to race with these music.

All Golded and all perfected, great fun this was. Although I am an avid time trailer and never really got into things like this, after a few days of messing around with these, I've decided I kinda like this idea. I've never been real good at turning fast lap times in traffic so I kinda look at this as a new challenge and a great way to improve. Even though I've Golded and perfected each of them, these challenges will keep be busy and hold my interest for awhile as I compete with the people on my friends list. Really hope they expand the leaderboard in the future to include all players world wide as that would lead to that much more fun and competition. Looks like PD has finally came through and given me a reason to come back to the game and start playing again...well done PD. :bowdown:

Finally, an event that you can throw your mates into when they ask about your driving rig! Fantastc fun, very exhillirating and not ridiculously difficult. 10/10 PD, this is the most fun I've had on Gran Turismo for years :)

My best in the Abarth is 2,391,383.

I do actually owe you a thanks for giving me a good reason to go back and improve my score from 2,567,452 to this. :lol:

View attachment 226156

Over 60 cars were passed in the making of this score. :P

Amazing!

Dear Polyphony Digital, we loved Circuito de La Sierra and the Time Rally is VERY COOL, so please:

- Make it repeatable, the funniest grinding machine ever.
- Make more of it! (Nurburgring Time Rally?)

Seeing as I'm currently on a roll I thought, why stop there? :sly:

image.jpg

It really is great fun doing these rallies. ;)👍

By far the worst events in the game. Why? Because of the insanely slow and clueless AI. It's like you're not even there, until they decide to box you in or ram into you on purpose. I am disappointed in you PD.

Back