The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
1,8 million on both Scirocco and the Fiat 500.
1,2 million on the GTO.

All perfected ;)

Be careful, "derpy". I'm only 300,000 behind you on the first event... also...

A MILLION CREDITS FOR THE FIRST ONE?! HOLY 🤬! I'M GONNA HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!! :gtpflag:

Be careful, "derpy". I'm only 300,000 behind you on the first event... also...

A MILLION CREDITS FOR THE FIRST ONE?! HOLY 🤬! I'M GONNA HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!! :gtpflag:
lol I updated that First with Fiat. Now its 2.3 million!

I just dont know want went wrong?!

By far the worst events in the game. Why? Because of the insanely slow and clueless AI. It's like you're not even there, until they decide to box you in or ram into you on purpose. I am disappointed in you PD.

That makes it fun and more realish. The track feels like a civilian road, with a bunch of civilian drivers to pass as I'm speeding driving recklessly down the country side.

If I tag one, they will grab their iPhone take my plate and call the cops for a hit and run. lol

Got great score: All perfect!
Fiat 500: (57 overtakes passed):
541aabd749ffe-DSC_0008.jpg

VW R: (58 overtakes passed):
541aac4406c5b-DSC_0009.jpg

Ferrari GTO: (30 overtakes passed!):
541aac65a220b-DSC_0010.jpg

Haven't encountered any issues with the AI mainly because I probably as slow as them, see people having 30 and 70+ seconds remaining and the most I'm left with is 10 or less. Gold the event though, FIAT.

et_
First try (but with a lot of resets):

Fiat: 2.6k
VW: 2.7k
Ferrari: 2.2k

I really dont like how the AI behave.

No idea how anyone would have the patience to chase down high scores on this.

I ran the 1st 2 last night and the AI are truly awful (as usual)... braking in the middle of corners they are already far too slow in, swerving to get on the right line at the last second, turning in on you, tagging you after you've overtaken them, trying to go three wide in to corners and ending up almost at a stop and blocking the track... utter garbage :lol:

I ran the 1st 2 last night and the AI are truly awful (as usual)... braking in the middle of corners they are already far too slow in, swerving to get on the right line at the last second, turning in on you, tagging you after you've overtaken them, trying to go three wide in to corners and ending up almost at a stop and blocking the track... utter garbage :lol:
Yeah, they're awful, if you take the outside, they speed up and push you off, if you take thee inside they turn into you:irked:

et_
Yeah, they're awful, if you take the outside, they speed up and push you off, if you take thee inside they turn into you:irked:

I think ai being alle and in the Day is Lind of the piin in ruis hame mode. Is they would go fast and always let you pass it would just be a time trial.. :D

Nice scores!!
Noticed that the race number on the car in these event is reflective of your ranking with friends scores.
Had a 2 on the VW till I ran a second time topping my friends ranking. Now has a 1

Have to try the fiat again get up with these scores. Very nice

Last edited:
I think ai being alle and in the Day is Lind of the piin in ruis hame mode. Is they would go fast and always let you pass it would just be a time trial.. :D

As @et_ says, I'm not 100% sure what you meant exactly, but I think I get the general meaning.

I don't want the AI to 'let me past', but I do want them go a bit faster and not do stupidly unrealistic things.

They should add to the experience, not detract from it... at the moment they are simply slow moving obstacles, not other cars to race against.

Nice scores!!
Noticed that the race number on the car in these event is reflective of your ranking with friends scores.
Had a 2 on the VW till I ran a second time topping my friends ranking. Now has a 1

Have to try the fiat again get up with theses scores. Very nice
Mine's 99:P

And yeah, I see it just as @Stotty , if they where actual cars to race against it would be a different story, now they're just annoying, and a simple TT would be better.

As @et_ says, I'm not 100% sure what you meant exactly, but I think I get the general meaning.

I don't want the AI to 'let me past', but I do want them go a bit faster and not do stupidly unrealistic things.

They should add to the experience, not detract from it... at the moment they are simply slow moving obstacles, not other cars to race against.

I with you guys on this one.. I don't know what the h... Happened to that post.:boggled:

I was saying that ai being slow and in the way is how it is ment to be.. :cheers:

One can think they are average citizens or usual track day dummies of which only few check their mirrors in real life neighter. :crazy:

I had a nice gran touring/ trans am feeling blazing past them in my 1.25mil Ferrari..:cool:

But I'm still waiting the time rally online battle.. :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
1,795,097 on the Fiat 500, with 49 Overtakes but not a completely "Clean" run either (Lost my combo a few times on the run thanks to brake-checking AI)... I might try that one again today, but has anyone experienced the game locking up or freezing when trying the Scirocco challenge?

@Haitauer Just a suggestion, but I think it would be cool if you added a leaderboard of sorts to your OP for the 3 different challenges. I just think it would be a great way to have some fun with these challenges while competing with the members here. I'd be interested to see just how high of a score some of the aliens can get. Maybe you could even start a new thread, or 3 for the different challenges, in the Seasonal section. Just an idea. :cheers:

... the AI trying to go three wide in to corners and ending up almost at a stop and blocking the track... :lol:

I agree, the three (and sometimes five!) wide AI is annoying yet kind of funny when you get to the last few corners. At this point when the woman starts her countdown I'm thinking, "get out of the way, I'm on a mission here!!" :)

By the way I've golded the Fiat and VW but struggling with the Ferrari with multiple DNFs. Anyone notice the GTO tires default to SM/front and SS/rear? Interesting setup I may try sometime.

Didn't notice.
But doing this keep the car from doing the MR swing. I've done it before. Less grip on the front help it not dive when entering coring and off the accelerator and also with early throttle exits. Adds under steer

I noticed one time with a mr2. Had a setup on sport hards.
Then ran a friend with sport softs on and had to much front steer with only a change in tires. So I ran the front on one tire less on and was better. But then went and setup for ss tire.
Think it may be good for stock setups that are hard to control

Last edited:
@Haitauer Just a suggestion, but I think it would be cool if you added a leaderboard of sorts to your OP for the 3 different challenges. I just think it would be a great way to have some fun with these challenges while competing with the members here. I'd be interested to see just how high of a score some of the aliens can get. Maybe you could even start a new thread, or 3 for the different challenges, in the Seasonal section. Just an idea. :cheers:
Yes it would - just that i Dont have the time to maintene such list..:guilty: Thats the reason i hope they add the world leaderboard to time rally in near future.:odd:

When trying for a perfect run, you really have to be aware of the predictable, unpredictability of the AI cars. :cheers:

That's what makes it interesting. :sly: Its all part of that "human drama" element that Kaz spoke of adding into the game....its called "how to successfully navigate a road full of drunks and Grandmas that can't see over the steering wheel". :lol:

At least they had a fast Sambabus and 500F...

That's what makes it interesting. :sly: Its all part of that "human drama" element that Kaz spoke of adding into the game....its called "how to successfully navigate a road full of drunks and Grandmas that can't see over the steering wheel". :lol:

I love how they slow down for the corner, turn in, THEN... slam on the brakes one last time before mid-corner.

The key to getting past the AI for me was to sit behind them and either just outbrake them or give it the jandal on the corner exit. Losing 2 or 3 seconds stuck behind the AI is far more preferable to making a banzai move and losing the Perfect bonus in my mind.

I love how they slow down for the corner, turn in, THEN... slam on the brakes one last time before mid-corner.

It's exactly how Bob drove in GT5... Coming up to a corner, brake in a straight line, stop braking, turn in, pick up the throttle (before the apex), then brake again just before the apex.

If it wasn't so irritating it would be funny.

Back