The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
Managed to gold the Ferrari this afternoon which is pleasing. One question and sorry if I am being dumb (and I read every post in this thread to make sure no one else has asked) but what is the significance of the top left section info graphic? What do the colours mean? Blue orange and green? Am I being super thick because it's obvious?

Thanks!

It's the sectors of the map. The bar in the middle where the time bonus checkpoint is.
Each color unlocks a section in the practice area.
Blue is the First and next color is next section

I would love if someone could watch my replay and tell me where i need to improve. I finally got a perfect lap in (no multjplier loss, jump and speed bonuses and othed than a few minor fishtails no and wrecks or major spins) and i only got14 passes and didnt pass or see any cars the last 2 checkpoints and i only got 820,796 score. I watched my replay and have no idea what else i can do to get more points. I feel like im carring all the speed i can without spinning out. PLEASE HELP IM LOST. Any help i would appreciate. Oh and abs 1 is my only aid turned on. I didnt even seriously try the nism one as I feel ill get the same result. I had absolutly zero problems getting gold on the first two.

I would love if someone could watch my replay and tell me where i need to improve. I finally got a perfect lap in (no multjplier loss, jump and speed bonuses and othed than a few minor fishtails no and wrecks or major spins) and i only got14 passes and didnt pass or see any cars the last 2 checkpoints and i only got 820,796 score. I watched my replay and have no idea what else i can do to get more points. I feel like im carring all the speed i can without spinning out. PLEASE HELP IM LOST. Any help i would appreciate. Oh and abs 1 is my only aid turned on. I didnt even seriously try the nism one as I feel ill get the same result. I had absolutly zero problems getting gold on the first two.

If you don't encounter almost any car on your way, it's better for you to restart. In the harder levels, there are some places where there's a whole stack (especially in the tight hairpin in the blue part), so don't be frustrated, as long as you don't crash you should get gold.

As your learning the track and adjusting to traffic. Your mistakes will occur less often as the session continues (persistence pays). When you eventually reduce the incidents to 1 or 2 per try then you know a perfect lap is close.

The frequency of mistakes goes down proportional to the time you spend here. For me anyway...

Hope they add more of these type challenges.

If you don't encounter almost any car on your way, it's better for you to restart. In the harder levels, there are some places where there's a whole stack (especially in the tight hairpin in the blue part), so don't be frustrated, as long as you don't crash you should get gold.
Thanks Ill keep that in mind going back at it today.

As your learning the track and adjusting to traffic. Your mistakes will occur less often as the session continues (persistence pays). When you eventually reduce the incidents to 1 or 2 per try then you know a perfect lap is close.

The frequency of mistakes goes down proportional to the time you spend here. For me anyway...

Hope they add more of these type challenges.

Use the horn too. Don't know if it helps or not but I enjoy honking. Also leaves me satisfied with me honking.

Since PSN is down I decided to sit down and do the Sierra laps. I'll never get those 2 hours back! :lol: PD has it so backwards (still), don't make us pass ungodly slow cars and not touch them, make it a real rally with staggered starts and just do what the pros do; try to beat the top (AI) time. How many days until PCars releases?

Jerome

Is there anyone still doing Sierra Time Rally? I just golded the GTO one. :D

BASE SCORE: 528,187
TIME REMAINING: 26 x 10,000 = 26,000
OVERTAKE COUNT: 17 x 5,000 = 85,000
PERFECT RUN: 200,000
TOTAL POINTS: 1,107,187

:D

I haven't even thought about the Sierra events in such a long time. A few days ago I clicked on them and realized I was only at 944,xxx points on the GTO event, so I re-ran that event and got my Gold score and free car. It was then that I realized I haven't even attempted the 4th round yet. Somehow I completely forgot about PD adding the 4th round with the Nissan GT-R Nismo. I didn't have time to try it though... Maybe I'll give it a run this weekend.

Why is this not available in arcade mode? Why can we not run more than one lap in the practice mode?
You can drive on La Sierra in Arcade Mode. As soon as you finish a complete lap it unlocks the course for you. Then you can go into Arcade Mode > Time Trial > Original Courses and it will be the second track on the top row, from the left.

You can drive on La Sierra in Arcade Mode. As soon as you finish a complete lap it unlocks the course for you. Then you can go into Arcade Mode > Time Trial > Original Courses and it will be the second track on the top row, from the left.

Oh I see, time trial only though.. That sucks

I debated resurrecting this...mmm 4 months old... ah well. I retried the GTR stage tonight and got my silver, gold and perfect all in one go.

20150710_001401_resized.jpg

Sorry if this might be off-topic but...what screen is that? *heart*

It's an LG 55lb5900

1080p

55 in, also comes in a 60

bunch of hdmi inputs
optical out

120hz

led backlit LCD

It's a decent TV for the $$, very very slim and the LED backlight is bright. Blacks and dark colors are not it's strongest suit.

20150627_024647_resized.jpg

I've been wondering the same thing, I thought maybe they had since I only started playing at the end of May. It's by far one of the best courses in any gran turismo imho...dynamic, well-thought-out, and fast.

Been a while since I played GT6, I take it it is still the same 3 cars as last time
Fiat 500
VW Golf
Ferrari GTO

Been a while since I played GT6, I take it it is still the same 3 cars as last time
Fiat 500
VW Golf
Ferrari GTO

Nope, there is a 4th car to try out and it is,

The Nismo GTR. :D

Also the GTR's event will start raining about a few minutes in to the lap. ;)

Back