The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
Finally got my PERFECT on the Ferrari Run, Gold No Problem, but I was after a Perfect run with TCS and ABS turned off, especially since SRF is forced on. I wish only 2 things to change on the Sierra Time Rally events, but I have high doubts they will get changed. Id like to be able to turn SRF off, and Id like the ability to adjust the brake balance, at least with the pop up menu. I would have got my Perfect a while back if I could have just turned the rear brake balance down to 4.

I'm not sure if this is normal :lol: :

I would say it's kinda "normal". The Fiat 500 is actually a nimble and agile car on corners. It doesnt understeer at all (if anything it tends to oversteer. Remember its an RR car with the engine in the back, and very very light.
However what makes it carry so much speed, i dont know exactly... maybe its the slipstream, or probably the other cars that understeer so the AI slow a lot in understeering cars.

I took my first run around el Circuito de la Sierra today. Previously, I had been on GT6 hiatus for some 2.5 weeks. I went ahead and installed the update to get to play this track and take on this challenge. So here is my own overview of this deal.

My first run was in using the Fiat Abarth 500 in the first Sierra Time Rally challenge. Needless to say, this feels like a totally different game from Gran Turismo 6. I kind of felt like I was playing OutRun than GT6. Instead of a Ferrari, I race some other Italian make... that doesn't make a single supercar or anything overly lustful. And instead of having some girl ride with me in a hot car, I'm a single dude who drives a front-wheel drive hatchback. Yeah... it's like that. Anyhow, back to my run in the Sierra Time Trial.

I did pretty well keeping the Fiat on the tarmac, and I was able to pass the first 24 cars until I accidentally hit one car. Since the driver number I use is 25, it's sad that I fail to pass the 25th car without hitting it. That would be the only car I hit in my first run around Circuito de la Sierra. I ended up gaining 986,140 points (Silver). Had I not hit that one car, I probably would have easily secured Gold. But of course, this was just one run around this course.

Now on to thoughts on the course itself. Most of you who know me know that I loathe racing any Nordschleife course for it being stupidly long and mostly narrow. Circuito de la Sierra is actually quite fun. I was kind of reminded of doing one very long lap around Ibiza and Oahu (Hawaii) in Test Drive Unlimited 2 as I was doing the whole Circuito de la Sierra course. Then too, I also remember the Mercedes-Benz AMG school around the Nürburbring Nordschleife in doing Circuito de la Sierra, especially when you do that one-lap trial with other cars on the road. Since I think Spain is a beautiful country, I would probably have no problem enjoying the location. It is a very nice locale that provides a sufficient challenge to drivers of different levels.

Got to hand it to Polyphony Digital on this one. I can only imagine if PD wants to in the future include some other courses. More like how some people speculate seeing something like the Snaefell Mountain Course in a GT in the future. Snaefell Mountain Course? Yeah- the legendary Isle of Man TT course. It may also be possible if PD wants to make its own Targa Florio or Mille Miglia in the future. I actually enjoyed this challenge.

[UPDATE] I forgot to mention that my lap was about 12:46.000 long in the Fiat.

Last edited:
I hadn't even tried the Ferrari Rally Run (Stage 3) until tonight. My first run was perfect. Didn't have a single ding - passed 14 cars only (didn't see any in the entire last segment). I cross the finish line with 5 seconds to go and the game locks up. Come on...
20140921_222347.jpg

I must confess it took me several runs to get perfect on Stage 2. I would have a good run going and then some AI driver would bump into me from the side, after I passed him but got held up by someone else. But, I eventually did it.

I've got to go back and get a Perfect on Stage 1 now. I currently only have Gold.

Finally got my PERFECT on the Ferrari Run, Gold No Problem, but I was after a Perfect run with TCS and ABS turned off, especially since SRF is forced on. I wish only 2 things to change on the Sierra Time Rally events, but I have high doubts they will get changed. Id like to be able to turn SRF off, and Id like the ability to adjust the brake balance, at least with the pop up menu. I would have got my Perfect a while back if I could have just turned the rear brake balance down to 4.

I think they should take a piece of F to tha ZA here, and put a % BONUS for not using the srf/tcs/abs

I came across that same little 🤬. I felt like ramming his ass right off the road :mischievous: after I finally caught up to him to pass. I must have spent a good 20 seconds or so watching that little steroid on wheels dispatch of everything in his path. :lol: I think Kaz may be trolling us with hybrids now. :lol: Kinda like, "Alright you guys, you want to hybrid cars, I'll show you hybrids....getcha some of this!!!!" :lol:

Same here!

I couldn't believe how quick that Fiat 500 was. :eek:

Now I just need to play it until I get that super quick Samba bus. I've encountered a few Sambas but they were no where as quick as that abnormal Fiat 500.

OK, I'd run all three events initially and only golded the Fiat 500.
So I took on board the advice somewhere above to use the NOS flat-out in the first sector. and re-ran all three events.

While i didn't manage clean runs in any of them, golding with 1.2 to 1.8 million was easy to achieve, and I found myself passing groups of cars all at once instead of a string of cars over a few hundred metres.

Still just a good old fashioned "fun" event

SRF isn't really that intrusive, maybe it's my driving style? but I've driven the course with my own GTO, but on SH tyres at both ends and it really feels no different.

Wow, it sure is fun to get 3/4 of the way to the end only to run into the back of some asshole in a mustang parked in the middle of the track. Very fun.
The green Mustang in the Ferrari 288 GTO stage? I hate that guy! Always caught them going through a hairpin or the twisties before the big jump.

I'm close to getting below 5 minutes in the X2014 Fan car. I think 5:07:xxx is the time I'm at now. But it was only my second go, so I should get it below soon.

Fiat 500

2 638 162

time left: 920 000 (92)
Overtakes: 295 000 (59)
Max combo: 118 000 (59)
Perfect: 200 000

Ferrari GTO

2 079 393

point: 718 393
time left: 930 000 (93)
overtakes: 165 000 (33)
max combo: 66 000 (33)
perfect: 200 000

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to get credits after a completed run is to beat the credits of any previous runs? For example: You get 1.1 m credits on 1st challenge, then run it again and get 1.2 m credits would you only receive the 100,000 credit difference? Waiting to build up to a 200% sign-in bonus before running these events seems like the thing to do.

Last edited:
Am I correct in assuming that the only way to get credits after a completed run is to beat the credits of any previous runs? For example: You get 1.1 m credits on 1st challenge, then run it again and get 1.2 m credits would you only receive the 100,000 credit difference? Waiting to build up to a 200% sign-in bonus before running these events seems like the thing to do.

I've recieved only in my fisrt attempt. No other Cr's for improving your time/points.

Graphics on this new track are pretty good.

Is that a joke? :confused:

By far the worst events in the game. Why? Because of the insanely slow and clueless AI. It's like you're not even there, until they decide to box you in or ram into you on purpose. I am disappointed in you PD.

That's one of the most frustrating events ever. You drive carefully for over ten minutes and then by the last corner some stupidly slow AI car crosses your way for no apparent reason and takes away your bonus: "combo lost"... Argh!!! :banghead:

That's one of the most frustrating events ever. You drive carefully for over ten minutes and then by the last corner some stupidly slow AI car crosses your way for no apparent reason and takes away your bonus: "combo lost"... Argh!!! :banghead:
If that keeps happening to you (and not others), perhaps you are stuck. Try putting your mind off it.

You're mistaking the points-score with the credits you receive for this challenge. You receive a fixed amount of credits, when you achieve more than 1,000,000 points and you receive it only once. If your previous score was below 1,000,000 points (silver or bronze), then you receive the difference when you achieve 1,000,000 (gold) for the first time.

I got that wrong the first time I completed the challenge, too. Thought I had earned 2,5 million, but it was only 1 million.

I do actually owe you a thanks for giving me a good reason to go back and improve my score from 2,567,452 to this. :lol:

View attachment 226156

Over 60 cars were passed in the making of this score. :P
So by doing this Reign93 did you get 300k+ credits, or only the 300k+ points added to your best score since you had gold already. If I think I could do better should I reset a run before I finish if it is looking like my first gold run. If this is a one time earner, I'd like to get the most credits possible. I'm more of a credit guy than just trying to improve my score.

So by doing this Reign93 did you get 300k+ credits, or only the 300k+ points added to your best score since you had gold already. If I think I could do better should I reset a run before I finish if it is looking like my first gold run. If this is a one time earner, I'd like to get the most credits possible. I'm more of a credit guy than just trying to improve my score.

It was just the points I got.

That run was purely for seeing how far I could go with the Abarth on points. ;)

It was just the points I got.

That run was purely for seeing how far I could go with the Abarth on points. ;)
Reign93, Thanks for the quick reply, I understand the point system for these races now. My 200% bonus kicks in tomorrow so I'll be off to Serra with your score as a goal.

How I get more AI cars near me in the GTO race? I have only overtook ~15 cars during my first and second (just finished) attempt. :confused:

How I get more AI cars near me in the GTO race? I have only overtook ~15 cars during my first and second (just finished) attempt. :confused:
You think you are pushing the car at the limit, but because of srf you aren't. Use the force...

This is a thoroughly enjoyable track and race and lots of fun, even if a bit Super Mario-ish. Got a 1,920,246 with the Abarth 500. I only wish you could earn points each time you run so I could buy more cars.

Back