The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
Off the top of my head, i got the following scores;

Fiat 500: 2.5m
VW: 2.3m
GTO: 1.4m (only because, unlike the first two, no-one on my friends list had bet my time, so i didn't go back to do a full perfect lap - Fiat and VW were originally about 1.6 and 1.5m each)

How I get more AI cars near me in the GTO race? I have only overtook ~15 cars during my first and second (just finished) attempt. :confused:

Hi, hope these replays give you some tips to pass more than 15.

Turning off traction control will stop the car bogging down when getting out of corners. Use nitro all the way on straight-ish section (2 minutes 30 mark in replays), and use nitro to boost out of 3rd gear into 4th gear at every opportunity you can.

Last edited:
@GTP_Ezza75 you use the NOS way to much.

I treat it like the F1 fuel.
As in having a set usage target at the end of each sector, if I have more than I should it means I can use it more often and vice versa.

1/4 NOS use per 3 sectors.

@GTP_Ezza75 you use the NOS way to much.

I treat it like the F1 fuel.
As in having a set usage target at the end of each sector, if I have more than I should it means I can use it more often and vice versa.

1/4 NOS use per 3 sectors.

Yeah, agree with you there...that's a better strategy to make sure there is some NOS for the whole lap. I went through it too quickly in first half of lap, and really needed more NOS juice to get close to the last bunch of fast cars to overtake towards end of lap.

I was aiming for 30 overtakes...finished the lap with 28. Better NOS strategy would have gotten me closer to attempt overtaking the last 3 cars before finish line....there was a Lamborghini for overtaking in that bunch of 3:)

Cheers mate

That damn last one I come so close, but can't beat it. Worst is now I only have 1 level boost payouts so even if I do beat it I make so little. Gonna try again after I get 5 maxed. Still made a few mil off the other ones

@et_ is still going strong it seems. Broke the 3 mil. barrier with the fiat.

20140927_001349.jpg

Other scores include 2.8 mil. with the scirocco and 2.3 mil. with the ferrari.

Last edited:
I tried TC 1, wasted NOS in early sectors, and I still could not find any more opponents after the Green Sabre Mustang and red Mercedes sedan. 14 opponents overtaken, waiting for the Countach. :indiff:

(GTO race)

Back from vacation and took a spin at Zahara to see what it really was.
Golded the three events.
Was not as bad as I feared it would be, but I don't think I will ever go back. Don't really like this arcade-ish things.
I did not use NOS though. Don't like that. I equipped none of my cars with it.

Non-NOS friends ?? :P

Wish they would add more or let you repeat them to gain the money again or modify it so that you can only win the gold amount and not silver+bronze.

Tell that to the fans of the Rally, NASCAR, Karting, and Super GT content...

(Among others)
They should of added one with rally cars or touring cars for sure. Best challenge would be NASCAR though as it is same car basically.

They should of added one with rally cars or touring cars for sure. Best challenge would be NASCAR though as it is same car basically.

Rally cars I'm in for that, but NASCAR? Really? In a super twisted track? :boggled: I'm not saying that they should stay in ovals, but look, there are more appropriate road courses for them.

Rally cars I'm in for that, but NASCAR? Really? In a super twisted track? :boggled: I'm not saying that they should stay in ovals, but look, there are more appropriate road courses for them.
NASCAR with no tuning would be the challenge. A test of the drivers skill?
I mean yes, they do belong at ovals and courses like Daytona and stuff, I just thought it would be more interesting than LMPs or something

Total Badass

Score: 1,010,804
Time Remaining: 74 x 10,000=740,000
Overtakes: 54 x 5,000=270,000
Max Combo: 54 x 2,000=108,000
Perfect: 200,000
Total: 2,328,804
View attachment 225730

Replay has been saved of this flying run.
Almost exactly the same as my run! Did without sound, on the phone to someone, using all the NOS on any mid-length straight section at the start. I drove an Abarth 500 around Brands Hatch Indy on a track day, adorable machine. This tuned one around this track is a hoot.

Those 3 million plus runs have so much time left, must be optimising every turn and pass. Like the GT5 seasonals when we'd to try winning with the lowest PP possible.

Now I know what GTA5 would be like with GT6 physics: awesome. :cool:

If only we got payouts after the 1st run. That would make chasing points really compelling. I've got Cr.40,000,000 because I don't buy cars any more. It's still nice to see a big number getting bigger. Gamification of quantifiable success.

did the recent update change Sierra Rally?
I bumped into several cars and walls yesterday without loosing points.
It "feels" like it was more strict earlier.
Anyone else notice this? Or is it just in my head..

I have found the Sierra Time Rally quite entertaining.

My best score with the Abarth 500:

Score -------------- 1,129,828
Remaining - 103 -- 1,030,000
Overtakes --- 62 ---- 310,000
Max Combo - 62 ---- 124,000
Perfect --------------- 200,000
---------------- ----------------
Total ----------------2,793,828

I have improved my Abarth score to the following (on 10/4):

Score -------------- 1,132,480
Remaining - 107 -- 1,070,000
Overtakes --- 63 ---- 315,000
Max Combo - 63 ---- 126,000
Total ----------------2,843,480

I have improved my Abarth score to the following (on 10/5):

Score -------------- 1,142,550
Remaining - 109 -- 1,090,000
Overtakes --- 64 ---- 320,000
Max Combo - 64 ---- 128,000
Total ----------------2,880,550

I have improved my Abarth score to the following (on 10/6):

Score -------------- 1,139,945
Remaining - 117 -- 1,170,000
Overtakes --- 62 ---- 310,000
Max Combo - 62 ---- 124,000
Total ----------------2,943,945

I have improved my Abarth score to the following (on 10/7):

Score -------------- 1,179,636
Remaining - 111 -- 1,110,000
Overtakes --- 65 ---- 325,000
Max Combo - 65 ---- 130,000
Total ----------------2,944,636

Great fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
Since everyone probably has the track unlocked, has anyone tried the X1 on the track yet? If so how did it go?

Yeah

I wish we could earn money rewards more than once. I regret doing it the day it came out. :lol:

This a Cr sales thing?

It does get a bit tiring doing the same races for big payouts, Id like it if Sierra payouts were smaller if I could get them more than once

Managed to gold the Ferrari this afternoon which is pleasing. One question and sorry if I am being dumb (and I read every post in this thread to make sure no one else has asked) but what is the significance of the top left section info graphic? What do the colours mean? Blue orange and green? Am I being super thick because it's obvious?

Thanks!

Back