The Sport Mode Spotted Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Voodoovaj, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Yeah I managed to catch it all the time but it slows you down a lot on the straight. My weak point was T1, I went wide with the rear wheel a lot :ouch: :lol:

2. Robben

Robben

Maybe I was not pushing enough then... problem is with the road cars and a controller, you turn just slightly too much when applying power and it's game over :nervous:

meck_rb7 and Nuschel01 like this.
  3. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Sure blame the Canadian :D

I had a similarly bad race, but I suffered from the aggression of others as I came up through the pack and met with other battling players. In almost every case, someone hit someone and I ended up caught up in the aftermath. I believe I had made my way into the top 6 at one point, but then dropped to the back of the pack and struggled to get back to my original start position of 13th.

4. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

I spotted @NosOsH at the last Gr.3 race at Suzuka. After setting my fastest lap ever with the 911 there (1:59.4), I started on pole and he started 3rd. I had an amazing first stint! Then, all hell broke loose. I pitted, but accidentally didn’t change my tires. In the S, right after coming out of the pit-stop, some angry driver, I really don’t know why, slowed down, then, as I was going to overtake, he sent me flying to the sand trap. Nice! Then, really struggling to keep my car on track I lost control and went into the pits, so I took the “opportunity” to change my tires. I think I was overtaking 3rd place in the last turn! I swear I left enough space. I even thought of letting go, but the guy messed up badly in the chicane, which made him really slow going to the final straight. I went really wide to let him control his car, but the guy said “not today!”, and Mad Maxed me. I lost a couple of positions and crossed the line pretty frustrated and with 900 less Dr points.

It’s like every time there’s someone from GTP, I can’t have a normal race.

I also spotted @automan24, right? I think I won the race... I don’t remember. Or I messed up pretty badly. lol

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Alpha Cipher, NosOsH and Nuschel01 like this.
  5. NosOsH

NosOsH

Ya my 201.1 was probably my best too so I started in third behind you @Nando deBem but....he punted me on the first hairpin and then after I caught up to him the next lap i 'accidentily' blocked him out through a high speed corner and he went into the sand.
    I dont feel bad tho he was super aggresive and deserved some of his own medicine. It sucked seeing you fall victim to him too after he didnt pit tho as he was probably waiting to take me out again but he was ghosted when he tried and missed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    fastone371 likes this.
  6. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

Yes, he tried it a second time with me too, but was ghosted. But the guy on the finish line really pissed me off. Not a good race overall.

7. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I should change the name of this thread to the "spotted @Sven Jurgens" thread because I spotted him today at Suzuka!

Seeing as I was one of the rare GT-R's with a custom livery, I'm posting a pic of that. :D

[​IMG]

meck_rb7, Macboyilija, Mr616 and 5 others like this.
  8. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Ha, I hadn't checked this thread in a while. I spot all of you as well, often!
    I'm over 2300 races now, I'll be on Suzuka again in 2 minutes and all night on Mount Panorama, one of my favorites.

I race lots yet hardly spend any time qualifying (usually just one or 2 laps, update it for a lap after a few races), and am usually multi tasking in between races. And I have a grand total of 1 livery, to complete the platinum trophy.... Totally whored out for that one.

Starting 11th now, with a 1:54, should run a lap in between races as I'm driving faster in the race. Fun to have easy over take opportunities anyway.

Robben and Alpha Cipher like this.
  9. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

[​IMG]

Spotted at Brands Hatch, @tofuhero in a Ferrari battling through turn 1.

Nando deBem and tofuhero like this.
  10. tofuhero

tofuhero

It was good to see a familiar face! I had pretty good race going there until someone shoved me off at the downhill. Brands Hatch is really one of my favorites though, I can't not race it when it shows up.

DriftMethod likes this.
  11. tofuhero

tofuhero

Saw @GTP_randy yesterday at Brands Hatch tearing up the track in a Porsche. Very clean racing, went down through Hawthorns side by side together before I became a speck in his mirror.

[​IMG]

12. vvise

vvise

Raced a bunch against FluffaRaptor last night, @John Crellin on here.

I chased him starting lap 6/14, and only caught him on 14/14 making for an exceptionally tense race for me and I'm sure him. Closing a 4 second gap, slowly getting bigger in his mirror for 8 laps, I'm impressed how well you kept your cool. See you around.

The moment where I really turn the pressure on:

Nando deBem and John Crellin like this.
  13. John Crellin

John Crellin

Great race. I was mad I blew the last two laps lol. Second race of the night so I was still shaking off the rust. I saw you creeping up and i got too conservative and hit T1 too slow. I had one final shot to get a run on your out of the final corner but clipped the outside wall. I was still happy with the result:cheers:

Nando deBem and vvise like this.
  14. Lord Grey

Lord Grey Premium

Just raced with @Voodoovaj in Race C at Maggiore. I filled his rear-view mirror for a couple of laps and then some cars separated us.

20180420220818.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Voodoovaj and Nando deBem like this.
  15. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

Did I ever race you?

16. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Yes, I've seen you a couple of times. You're usually at the top if not on pole. I'm in the back field in those fast rooms. So technically no we haven't actually raced each other. Unless you wipe out in the first lap I'll only see you on the position chart :)

My PSN is SvennoJ
    https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/1495257/overview
    Temporarily back in SR.A due to Monza yesterday, should be cleared up after one GR.2 race however first I have a tree to chop down! Still some ice storm clean up to do now the weather is nice.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    vvise and Nando deBem like this.
  17. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

[​IMG]
    Spotted @inri at the Brands Hatch "rally." I'm the ghost. After a lap one "field trip" we managed to keep it on the track to finish First and Second.

[​IMG]
    Next race @phil_75 joined us on track, where we started pole, second and third.

18. inri

inri

Lol that was silly of us. I was watching you go off and thinking, hell yeah, it's my time to shine. so naturally i immediately pounced on the opportunity by driving into the nearest sand pit

19. phil_75

phil_75

I also got knocked off and spent the race making mistake after mistake lmfao

20. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

If I were to list the GTP members that I see, it would quite literally be a small essay at this point haha

21. Wallbreaker

Wallbreaker

Cheers, that was lots of fun :cheers:

22. ROCKET JOE

ROCKET JOE

Forgot to save the replay but anyway, @Vegard spotted in a Focus on Big Willow.
    It's been a GTP podium ... behind that Swedish top 10 driver :lol: !

Vegard likes this.
  23. Vegard

Vegard

All thanks to a double switchback move on the Dutch guy. You're really fast but I noticed you were revving the tits off the Focus.
    You can gain some time by shifting a little earlier as it chokes at the top end.

ROCKET JOE likes this.
  24. ROCKET JOE

ROCKET JOE

Sounds like a cool move.
    I love revving tits ... ah, oops, no, seriously ... thx for the tip, did it for feeling safer, but shifted earlier now in my last race. Couldn't improve sadly, BW has been a good race experience though.

25. Vegard

Vegard

fastone371, RaceFace85 and Nuschel01 like this.
  26. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

[​IMG]
    @Dezcom in the Honda, @NommyNom in the Toyota, and I'm in the Lexus.

Fun battle during FIA race at Dragon Trail. Nom got 8th, I was 9th and Dez was 10th.

suprajef, Dezcom and NommyNom like this.
  27. fastone371

fastone371

Raced with @OutlawQuadrnt at Nurb GP track last night. Well I didnt race "with" him, more like I was in the same race. @OutlawQuadrnt had the pole, win, and fast lap,:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I toured around at the back, but I did see him on the scoreboard. :O:O:O

suprajef and OutlawQuadrnt like this.
  28. NommyNom

NommyNom

i chased you that whole race and watched you all rack up penalties trading paint while i patiently waited lol good race man!

Dezcom, DriftMethod and fastone371 like this.
  29. Dezcom

Dezcom

I had a ton of fun! Great racing with you and @NommyNom! :cheers:

DriftMethod, NommyNom and suprajef like this.
  30. Hossnight1

Hossnight1

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180507165418.jpg Spotted @Hasnain282 on sunday's Manufacturers race Nurburgring. the NSX is your favourite car i think ? :D