The Sport Mode Spotted Thread

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 259 comments
Indeed. Very frustrating, I just caught a wheel on the sand on the hairpin before the finish line... you get hooked into that stuff and just have to wait until it delivers you out again
Yeah I managed to catch it all the time but it slows you down a lot on the straight. My weak point was T1, I went wide with the rear wheel a lot :ouch: :lol:

Yeah I managed to catch it all the time but it slows you down a lot on the straight. My weak point was T1, I went wide with the rear wheel a lot :ouch: :lol:
Maybe I was not pushing enough then... problem is with the road cars and a controller, you turn just slightly too much when applying power and it's game over :nervous:

I spotted @Voodoovaj in one of my worst races of all time. It seems he's not my lucky charm. Every time we meet on track, I get into all sorts of troubles I don't usually get into. I was driving a 4C at Lago Maggiore. I got crashed out of track in qualify, Started around P11. Then, it seems everybody had flying cars on the straight, but were really slow on corners. Corners were my only chance. I then had to be super fast through them, which made me contact a car, just slightly when I was fighting for P4 I think. I got 15 second worth of penalty for that. Crazy stuff. Then I went all the way to the back and I was trying to climb back to the top, I was too eager trying not to lose time overtaking one kind of slow driver through the S, but I got it really wrong and I tried to put it side by side in the last part of the S. I went to the wall. I think I've finished 10th or 9th. Don't really remember. I got a lot of complaints in the chat after the race. Wow... bad day... I'll try to keep it cool for the next races.

Sure blame the Canadian :D

I had a similarly bad race, but I suffered from the aggression of others as I came up through the pack and met with other battling players. In almost every case, someone hit someone and I ended up caught up in the aftermath. I believe I had made my way into the top 6 at one point, but then dropped to the back of the pack and struggled to get back to my original start position of 13th.

I spotted @NosOsH at the last Gr.3 race at Suzuka. After setting my fastest lap ever with the 911 there (1:59.4), I started on pole and he started 3rd. I had an amazing first stint! Then, all hell broke loose. I pitted, but accidentally didn’t change my tires. In the S, right after coming out of the pit-stop, some angry driver, I really don’t know why, slowed down, then, as I was going to overtake, he sent me flying to the sand trap. Nice! Then, really struggling to keep my car on track I lost control and went into the pits, so I took the “opportunity” to change my tires. I think I was overtaking 3rd place in the last turn! I swear I left enough space. I even thought of letting go, but the guy messed up badly in the chicane, which made him really slow going to the final straight. I went really wide to let him control his car, but the guy said “not today!”, and Mad Maxed me. I lost a couple of positions and crossed the line pretty frustrated and with 900 less Dr points.

It’s like every time there’s someone from GTP, I can’t have a normal race.

I also spotted @automan24, right? I think I won the race... I don’t remember. Or I messed up pretty badly. lol

Last edited:
I spotted @NosOsH at the last Gr.3 race at Suzuka. After setting my fastest lap ever with the 911 there (1:59.4), I started on pole an he started 3rd. I had an amazing first stint! Then, all hell broke loose. I pitted, but accidentally didn’t change my tires. In the S, right after coming out of the pitstop, some angry driver....

Ya my 201.1 was probably my best too so I started in third behind you @Nando deBem but....he punted me on the first hairpin and then after I caught up to him the next lap i 'accidentily' blocked him out through a high speed corner and he went into the sand.
I dont feel bad tho he was super aggresive and deserved some of his own medicine. It sucked seeing you fall victim to him too after he didnt pit tho as he was probably waiting to take me out again but he was ghosted when he tried and missed.

Last edited:
Yes, he tried it a second time with me too, but was ghosted. But the guy on the finish line really pissed me off. Not a good race overall.

I should change the name of this thread to the "spotted @Sven Jurgens" thread because I spotted him today at Suzuka!

Seeing as I was one of the rare GT-R's with a custom livery, I'm posting a pic of that. :D

6269573708649627664_0.jpg

Ha, I hadn't checked this thread in a while. I spot all of you as well, often!
I'm over 2300 races now, I'll be on Suzuka again in 2 minutes and all night on Mount Panorama, one of my favorites.

I race lots yet hardly spend any time qualifying (usually just one or 2 laps, update it for a lap after a few races), and am usually multi tasking in between races. And I have a grand total of 1 livery, to complete the platinum trophy.... Totally whored out for that one.

Starting 11th now, with a 1:54, should run a lap in between races as I'm driving faster in the race. Fun to have easy over take opportunities anyway.

Raced a bunch against FluffaRaptor last night, @John Crellin on here.

I chased him starting lap 6/14, and only caught him on 14/14 making for an exceptionally tense race for me and I'm sure him. Closing a 4 second gap, slowly getting bigger in his mirror for 8 laps, I'm impressed how well you kept your cool. See you around.

The moment where I really turn the pressure on:

Raced a bunch against FluffaRaptor last night, @John Crellin on here.

I chased him starting lap 6/14, and only caught him on 14/14 making for an exceptionally tense race for me and I'm sure him. Closing a 4 second gap, slowly getting bigger in his mirror for 8 laps, I'm impressed how well you kept your cool. See you around.

The moment where I really turn the pressure on:

Great race. I was mad I blew the last two laps lol. Second race of the night so I was still shaking off the rust. I saw you creeping up and i got too conservative and hit T1 too slow. I had one final shot to get a run on your out of the final corner but clipped the outside wall. I was still happy with the result:cheers:

Ha, I hadn't checked this thread in a while. I spot all of you as well, often!
I'm over 2300 races now, I'll be on Suzuka again in 2 minutes and all night on Mount Panorama, one of my favorites.

I race lots yet hardly spend any time qualifying (usually just one or 2 laps, update it for a lap after a few races), and am usually multi tasking in between races. And I have a grand total of 1 livery, to complete the platinum trophy.... Totally whored out for that one.

Starting 11th now, with a 1:54, should run a lap in between races as I'm driving faster in the race. Fun to have easy over take opportunities anyway.

Did I ever race you?

Did I ever race you?

Yes, I've seen you a couple of times. You're usually at the top if not on pole. I'm in the back field in those fast rooms. So technically no we haven't actually raced each other. Unless you wipe out in the first lap I'll only see you on the position chart :)

My PSN is SvennoJ
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/1495257/overview
Temporarily back in SR.A due to Monza yesterday, should be cleared up after one GR.2 race however first I have a tree to chop down! Still some ice storm clean up to do now the weather is nice.

Last edited:
Lol that was silly of us. I was watching you go off and thinking, hell yeah, it's my time to shine. so naturally i immediately pounced on the opportunity by driving into the nearest sand pit

I also got knocked off and spent the race making mistake after mistake lmfao

Forgot to save the replay but anyway, @Vegard spotted in a Focus on Big Willow.
It's been a GTP podium ... behind that Swedish top 10 driver :lol: !
All thanks to a double switchback move on the Dutch guy. You're really fast but I noticed you were revving the tits off the Focus.
You can gain some time by shifting a little earlier as it chokes at the top end.

All thanks to a double switchback move on the Dutch guy. You're really fast but I noticed you were revving the tits off the Focus.
You can gain some time by shifting a little earlier as it chokes at the top end.

Sounds like a cool move.
I love revving tits ... ah, oops, no, seriously ... thx for the tip, did it for feeling safer, but shifted earlier now in my last race. Couldn't improve sadly, BW has been a good race experience though.

Back