The Sport Mode Spotted Thread

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 259 comments
View attachment 734637 Spotted @Hasnain282 on sunday's Manufacturers race Nurburgring. the NSX is your favourite car i think ? :D
Haha yeah I've been using a lot recently haven't I. I guess you could call it a favourite, it's quite good on fuel which I like and it's different from what people normally go for. Need to make my own livery for it at some point.
I have seen your name popup a lot when I've been racing, so it's nice to see that you're also GT Planet. If you wanna add me on PSN feel free :cheers:

Haha yeah I've been using a lot recently haven't I. I guess you could call it a favourite, it's quite good on fuel which I like and it's different from what people normally go for. Need to make my own livery for it at some point.
I have seen your name popup a lot when I've been racing, so it's nice to see that you're also GT Planet. If you wanna add me on PSN feel free :cheers:
Thank you ! Nice to meet you too , It's my first post here you know ? haha I will add you on PSN next time i am online ;)

Thank you ! Nice to meet you too , It's my first post here you know ? haha I will add you on PSN next time i am online ;)
Wow first post and it's about me, makes me feel special. :D
I haven't been on here long just a couple of months I think.

last night got into a lobby with a bunch of streamers, A+ drivers, and people from around here, it was super fun. @dibblr @CrimsonWolf @KONTRAone @Sofia Speed to name a few.

There was also a hilarious ping pong bus stop crash in one of the early races.

I'm sure someone else recorded it from the back.

Found a view from dibblr 2 cars back

Last edited:
I spotted @Sven Jurgens in the Daily Race C tonight in his customary last place (19th) with no qualifying time and I believe he made it up to 9th place...well done. The track limits do take some getting use to...:boggled:

:cheers:

Indeed, it's almost impossible to finish without a penalty. Staying on the track isn't that hard yet when you need to doge hybrids it's easy to step just a little bit over the line to avoid contact.

I actually qualified for the last couple races of the night. Just a 3:27.9 in the R92CP, see how that goes. First race I got hit about 8 times by hybrids not knowing what to do with a car with old brakes and slow or rather normal acceleration. At least the penalty system never gave me a penalty for getting hit from behind. Next one up in 2 minutes. Got to make the most of it while my internet is working! (crapped out yesterday)

I noticed with the
Indeed, it's almost impossible to finish without a penalty. Staying on the track isn't that hard yet when you need to doge hybrids it's easy to step just a little bit over the line to avoid contact.

I actually qualified for the last couple races of the night. Just a 3:27.9 in the R92CP, see how that goes. First race I got hit about 8 times by hybrids not knowing what to do with a car with old brakes and slow or rather normal acceleration. At least the penalty system never gave me a penalty for getting hit from behind. Next one up in 2 minutes. Got to make the most of it while my internet is working! (crapped out yesterday)

I noticed with the 919 in the right hander of the left/right (sorry, dont know corner names) after the long straight sections the car just won't stop, I wonder if it's supposed to simulate a brake overheat. Gotta start braking a car or 2 before cones and you ain't going very fast

I saw, from the back of the grid, @05XR8 (SpacedustDaddy) in a Honda NSX yesterday - just as I had the worse Sport mode race I've ever had!

5044031664394633232_0.jpg

From the FIA Manufacturer race at Suzuka. Front to back: @hellZfirE, myself, @NommyNom, and @KONTRAone.

@DriftMethod i would've been right up there with you guys but @KONTRAone applied enough pressure on me to mess me up at spoon lol

edit: @KONTRAone sorry about that one bump we had at the hairpin, didn't expect you to be there
That was a fun race! Wish I had done a better qualifying lap. Maybe it was better to start further back anyway, since I avoided the penalties that so many people got on the first couple of laps. I only finished 15th, but considering the amount of Aliens in that race, I couldn't have done much better.

Is that always the Alien time slot for the Manufacturers race? I might have to choose a different time to get more points.

5044031664394633232_0.jpg

From the FIA Manufacturer race at Suzuka. Front to back: @hellZfirE, myself, @NommyNom, and @KONTRAone.

Lovely shot m8 👍 Love that livery btw @NommyNom

That was not my best result but a fun race nonetheless guys. And don't worry about the bump @NommyNom. That race was a little messy but mostly clean all around. HellZfirE was being a tad bit aggressive but he got sent back 10 spots on lap 1 so I don't blame him lol

Is that always the Alien time slot for the Manufacturers race? I might have to choose a different time to get more points.

There's always a few A+ drivers in all the time slots, but the 8:00 and 9:10 EST time slots are where most of them congregate. It's the unofficial superstars races if you would...
I usually join in because it's good fun and a great learning experience, but you have to make the top 8 to score any real points. I've honestly been considering another schedule as well because now the points actually matter lol.

Spotted @Hasnain282 again yesterday in his NSX! This time we actually raced very very close for a few corners untill i saw you went wide into the gravel! Still you've beat me! You came across me when i came out of the pits! Great racing mate! :cheers:

Nice shots mate, yeah man was a good battle while it lasted :cheers:
Yeah that mistake cost me quite a few positions if you look at it in terms of time loss but ah well was my own fault and yeah the NSX is really rather good on fuel hence why I came out ahead

Back