The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

You can try rivals. Pick the car and track, then pick a rival from the top of the leaderboard. Then you can lap and lap and lap (as long as it's a circuit race, of course) to your heart's content without having to deal with other cars.

Except you can't just pick a car and a track in FH4. The car choices are restricted to specific tracks and the tracks are restricted to specific weather conditions and there's PI restrictions on top of that.

And there's no rivals for the route creator either.

This is why people want class based rivals back.

I still don't understand why it was gone in the first place. It was a bummer when it happened in FM7, but I's especially hard to fine tune cars for me in FH4 due to it's absence.

Having the (3rd) update and having them not fix the online (although I do know that they are working on it). Having it take so long to fix, kind of says that perhaps they don't know how, or (hopefully) means that it's going to be extensive.

I really don't know how Ranked Team Adventure points are even calculated, but it's pretty odd. Example from today (S2 Anything Goes Ranked Adventure):

1. Team Infected (Loss) 1:49 to 1:54 to infect, though I infected many of the other team and was second last caught.
2. Freeroam Rush (Win) Finished 1st
3. Crosscountry Race (Win) Finished 1st
4. Freeroam Rush (Loss) Finished 1st
5. Team King (Win) King for 4:51, by far the most (and it was our team of 4 vs 5)

+17 Ranking points.

The only reason I can think of is that the other players were not as highly ranked/not ranked, however there was at least one member of the other team similar in ranking and the rest were a similar lower rank to each other.

Nevermind how long it took to match for the Adventure in the first place...

Having the (3rd) update and having them not fix the online (although I do know that they are working on it). Having it take so long to fix, kind of says that perhaps they don't know how, or (hopefully) means that it's going to be extensive.

I really don't know how Ranked Team Adventure points are even calculated, but it's pretty odd. Example from today (S2 Anything Goes Ranked Adventure):

1. Team Infected (Loss) 1:49 to 1:54 to infect, though I infected many of the other team and was second last caught.
2. Freeroam Rush (Win) Finished 1st
3. Crosscountry Race (Win) Finished 1st
4. Freeroam Rush (Loss) Finished 1st
5. Team King (Win) King for 4:51, by far the most (and it was our team of 4 vs 5)

+17 Ranking points.

The only reason I can think of is that the other players were not as highly ranked/not ranked, however there was at least one member of the other team similar in ranking and the rest were a similar lower rank to each other.

Nevermind how long it took to match for the Adventure in the first place...

In their livestream for the update this week, they specifically took a moment to acknowledge the feedback about the current online options, team adventure, etc., and that they are having discussions about it now. Said they wanted to make sure they get it right, rather than just doing something quickly.

@ShakesMcQueen Thank you for informing me about it, I was aware they mentioned it though. It was the same response they gave weeks ago however. And considering they came up with the system in the first place, I'm not confident in their "solutions". I mentioned in another post elsewhere that a temporary solution would be to simply have losing as a team worth 0 points. That, would be easy to implement.

At this moment, I've achieved I think all I'm going to Ranking wise, at least without being annoyed and wasting a lot more time. I will simply do Unranked from now on, if I feel like it playing them at all.

This guy actually highlights what could possibly be why Turn 10 was hesitant with altering FM7's online and why FH4's online system is the way it is. They're possibly just so paranoid about punishing players and driving said players away from both series. In which why there's a forced team mode and why there's no penalties against collisions.

Of course that doesn't affect me as I don't play online anyway.

The biggest problem is pandering to people who aren't really interested in racing.

All my life I've yet to see a case where pandering to people who aren't that interested in something, actually gets them any bit more interested. At best it just makes the interested people less interested.

It's akin to removing dribbling from basketball to get people that don't like basketball, to play more basketball.
People who like basketball won't want to play, and the people that don't like basketball, still won't like basketball.

You can't make people like racing by taking racing elements out of racing. You can't make people like things.
It's nonsense.

Now that Gymkhana Ten is out, I wonder if PG still thinks the sound file for the Hoonitruck is correct...

FPS stability on classic Xbox One. It was almost entirely stable at launch with only a rare dip during the most crowded moments. However, some updates later and now it is dropping random frames during regular free roam. I know many players don't notice this stuff as much as others, but after playing FM7 at 60 FPS it's so easy to see when 30 FPS briefly become 25 FPS or less. Fortune Island is the worst offender, but the main game suffers too.

One thing I find annoying are the loading times for the Auction house.
I listed quite a few cars the other day which took ages to begin with, but only about half of them sold.

I now have to reclaim them all individually, and then find them all again in my now rather large garage to re-list them.

There should be a "re-list" option from the "my auctions" list, would save a lot of time. Better still, a way to auction cars on-mass!

In fact why can't we just sell cars for their base value? I have loads of duplicates I just want rid of, but don't want to just remove them :banghead:

I actually complained about that before. I want them to implement the ability to sell duplicates from wheelspins like they did in Horizon 3. Would save me the time and hassle of finding them in my garage and give me more options than just the auction house or deleting it.

A better sense of progression, I don't want to win a supercar too early. Bring back multiple Horizon Festivals locations. And championships.
Most important point: we need more Chvrches songs.

Like FM7, I want them to add a locked car to the auto show after a certain period of time has passed since the launch.
I am not a fan of Porsche Cayenne, but I am unable to dispose of this car. It is because there is no guarantee that we can get it again when we want to use these cars by any chance.
I use a lot of garage space for these cars.
Of course, I know that the garage limit will increase with the January update, but the Forzathon exclusive cars and so on will increase as well.

I think the most horrible thing of this game is how the ranked works. Mostly because how it gives the score to the team, which leads that if your team completely destroy the opponent team, all of those will leave, less the best and another mid-skilled guy. At that point, 6v2, it just needs that the skilled one gets 1st or 2nd (likely to happen) while the other not get last place. At that point they win remaining 3 races and although you raced good the whole adventure, you will lose for this teampoint flaw. Happened me already in both sides, but today with a thing like the one I explained above, it just showed all of its ridiculusness.

I think the most horrible thing of this game is how the ranked works. Mostly because how it gives the score to the team, which leads that if your team completely destroy the opponent team, all of those will leave, less the best and another mid-skilled guy. At that point, 6v2, it just needs that the skilled one gets 1st or 2nd (likely to happen) while the other not get last place. At that point they win remaining 3 races and although you raced good the whole adventure, you will lose for this teampoint flaw. Happened me already in both sides, but today with a thing like the one I explained above, it just showed all of its ridiculusness.

You're not the only one who feels this way. Update to the online multiplayer is expected in January, that will add regular Online Adventure back to the game (meaning not team based), alongside hopefully some other changes regarding stuff like wall riding.

You're not the only one who feels this way. Update to the online multiplayer is expected in January, that will add regular Online Adventure back to the game (meaning not team based), alongside hopefully some other changes regarding stuff like wall riding.
Wall riding fix: put checkpoints banners away from outside wall, or put one in entry/exit which ends to be too tight to turn to the wall to use it as rail.

Wall riding fix: put checkpoints banners away from outside wall, or put one in entry/exit which ends to be too tight to turn to the wall to use it as rail.

Oh wow, that's actually a great idea. I never even thought about just narrowing the checkpoints in turns so you can't wall ride through them.

My own suspicion is that they are going to add something to corner barriers that makes it impossible to glide long them

If they take those tire-barrels they put at the end of walls and space them out at regular intervals in the middle of the walls, it would stop wall-riding in its tracks.

Last edited:
A super minor annoyance I wish they would change. When you cross the finish line, your car cleans itself. It would be better, and make more sense, to leave the car as dirty as it was during the race. Maybe clean the car for the rewards screen but crossing the finish line covered in mud only for it to be completely clean on the other side is odd.

Edit: Then again, the car drives into a blank white space after the race, so maybe the car cleaning itself isn't the weird part. :lol:

Last edited:
If they take those tire-barrels they put at the end of walls and space them out at regular intervals in the middle of the walls, it would stop wall-riding in its tracks.
Another thing I would suggest for PGG when making FH5/ second FH4 expansion, Place the walls farther away from the road. Keep the flags on the edge of the road surface but push the walls out a bit so it is possible for wall riders to miss the checkpoints.

EDIT: to compile some of my post from the Features wishlist thread on the official forums...

Multi Purpose Stunt Zones.

I see many Drifters complaining about how a Speed Zone should have been a Drift Zone and Racers complaining about how a Drift Zone should have been a Speed Zone. So why not combine the two into a single Stunt Zone that tracks both Average Speed and Drift Score so they can be both a Speed Zone and a Drift Zone.

Also an "Always On" option for Streamer mode so we don't have to manually turn it on every time we restart the game.

Let us put ANY tire compound on ANY car. What if I want to be silly and put lower grip tires on a car? what if I want Vintage racing tires on a modern car? What if I want to lower an F150 Raptor and put racing tires on it? What if I want those chunky off-road tires on a sports car? Currently I can't do those and would love to.

Ideally for FH5 I would like to see the total number of tire compounds increase 5-10 fold with a rework of the upgrade menu similar to how it works with rims. Split the tire compounds into multiple categories; Street, Sport, Race, Drag, Mixed-surface, Vintage. With multiple variations in each category, maybe with tire branding, subtle differences to performance (Similar to the tire compound system from Forza motorsport 2), different tread patterns, White walls, etc.

For the Mix-Surface category I want 4 options. Rally-Cross, Rally, All-terrain, and Off-road. Each with slight differences to grip levels on various surfaces. Rally-Cross would be best on tarmac, Not as gripy as Racing tires on the tarmac but better then racing tires on dirt. Rally Tires would be best on Dirt roads. Off-Road tires would be best off the road, Through grassy fields, mud, sand. And the All-terrain would be a good all-rounder, but not best at any, and use the tread pattern from the stock tires on the F-150 Raptor. Also Snow Variants of each for the winter season.

Vintage Tire Category needs to have a White Walled variant, and the Vintage NASCAR style tires that are on the Monte Carlo. Would also like some options with very old school tread patterns that aren't normally used anymore IRL.
sort_up.gif

After playing Crew 2 for the first time, I must say Horizon needs a bigger map Badly, but in every other department it's on another planet compared to the Crew 2, the graphics are night and day, the Physics are night and day, the Sounds are night and day and the Customisation is night and day ahead, Gah I can't play this crappy game any more.

Last edited:
the customisation is night and day ahead

Sure, TC2 has a simpler tuning system fit for a more arcadey game but in terms of visual customization, Forza doesn't even come close.

And in the graphics department, there's aspects of TC2 that are well ahead of Forza, like the water simulation, the particle effects, and the seamless map to gameplay transition. Not to mention a much more robust photo mode.

Overall, I think TC2 is a more visually cohesive package in that the quality of everything you see is fairly consistent across the board, whereas in FH4 you have very detailed new cars alongside some very obvious last-gen imports driven by dead-eyed plastic dolls across a map that can be photorealistic at times or can be almost indistinguishable from a 360-era game. You don't need to look further than the garage menu where the text for your gamertag and the current car model, which are right next to each other, are rendered in completely different resolutions.

Last edited:
Sure, TC2 has a simpler tuning system fit for a more arcadey game but in terms of visual customization, Forza doesn't even come close.

And in the graphics department, there's aspects of TC2 that are well ahead of Forza, like the water simulation, the particle effects, and the seamless map to gameplay transition. Not to mention a much more robust photo mode.

Overall, I think TC2 is a more visually cohesive package in that the quality of everything you see is fairly consistent across the board, whereas in FH4 you have very detailed new cars alongside some very obvious last-gen imports driven by dead-eyed plastic dolls across a map that can be photorealistic at times or can be almost indistinguishable from a 360-era game. You don't need to look further than the garage menu where the text for your gamertag and the current car model, which are right next to each other, are rendered in completely different resolutions.
Having recently purchased an actual 360 era game, (FH1) I find this laughable.
The scenery is the most easily distinguished difference between consoles, the cars aren't nearly as improved.

Here are a few from me:

-Improve how the AI drives around. I hate how I'd be stopped in the middle of the road and the AI just crashes into me or how they love to pull out from behind another car at the very last second and cause me to run into them or run straight into me.
-Get rid of the rebound effect from crashing into bushes, guardrails, etc.

And just a little nitpick from me but I'd like a way to bank our skill chains with something like a button press or other. Too often I found myself cursing the long wait time for a chain to bank itself while racing around. Sometimes I'd like to save what I have before either I crash or something happens and I lose all the points that I saved up until that point.

Back