The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

Sure, TC2 has a simpler tuning system fit for a more arcadey game but in terms of visual customization, Forza doesn't even come close.

And in the graphics department, there's aspects of TC2 that are well ahead of Forza, like the water simulation, the particle effects, and the seamless map to gameplay transition. Not to mention a much more robust photo mode.

Overall, I think TC2 is a more visually cohesive package in that the quality of everything you see is fairly consistent across the board, whereas in FH4 you have very detailed new cars alongside some very obvious last-gen imports driven by dead-eyed plastic dolls across a map that can be photorealistic at times or can be almost indistinguishable from a 360-era game. You don't need to look further than the garage menu where the text for your gamertag and the current car model, which are right next to each other, are rendered in completely different resolutions.
I don't know wich version you guys are playing it, but saying that TC2 overal has the better graphics is laughable. Its not even close, the TC2 has some nice reflections, weather and water but thats it. Even those are not that much better than in Forza. The lighting, shaders, textures, car models, world detail, shadows and the other overall effect are soo much better in Forza that it makes TC2 look almost last gen, and thats from someone who has played them both on a high en pc. Last 3 day some of you guys try to downplay FH4 graphics while its the best looking racer right now. You guys need to post some screen of your game because the games i played didn't come close to FH4.

After playing Crew 2 for the first time, I must say Horizon needs a bigger map Badly, but in every other department it's on another planet compared to the Crew 2, the graphics are night and day, the Physics are night and day, the Sounds are night and day and the Customisation is night and day ahead, Gah I can't play this crappy game any more.
1000X this, if the map was even the half of TC2 it would be soo much better, and have longer legs. But then it would look like copy and past over and over again like TC2. They just need more time to make a bigger map this detailed. hopefully next gen they can take there time and give us atleast 2X the map whe have currently.

1000X this, if the map was even the half of TC2 it would be soo much better, and have longer legs. But then it would look like copy and past over and over again like TC2. They just need more time to make a bigger map this detailed. hopefully next gen they can take there time and give us atleast 2X the map whe have currently.
TC2 is spoiling you with how absurdly large it's map is. Forza Horizon doesn't need to be any near that massive, even 10% the size of TC2 would be an improvement.
Though if PGG and Ivory Tower were to combine forces to make a game with Forza's Physics, Car Roster, and performance tuning on TC2's map it would be pretty amazing.

Sure, TC2 has a simpler tuning system fit for a more arcadey game but in terms of visual customization, Forza doesn't even come close.

And in the graphics department, there's aspects of TC2 that are well ahead of Forza, like the water simulation, the particle effects, and the seamless map to gameplay transition. Not to mention a much more robust photo mode.

Overall, I think TC2 is a more visually cohesive package in that the quality of everything you see is fairly consistent across the board, whereas in FH4 you have very detailed new cars alongside some very obvious last-gen imports driven by dead-eyed plastic dolls across a map that can be photorealistic at times or can be almost indistinguishable from a 360-era game. You don't need to look further than the garage menu where the text for your gamertag and the current car model, which are right next to each other, are rendered in completely different resolutions.
The thing is you can't say TC2 has current gen graphics, GT6 has better graphics on a PS3 then what i have seen on Xbone with TC2.

The graphics are a joke and there is this blurry haze that makes it hard to play for long periods of time without wanting to turn it off.

I like that you guys are jumping on me for saying something I didn't say.

I didn't say TC2 was an objectively better looking game than FH4. I said TC2 was a more consistent looking game (with better water and particle effects).

With FH4 chasing photorealism, the bad "gamey" compromises stand out a lot more, like all the trees becoming 2D cutouts 20m away from your car and the flat, blurry ground textures (that don't line up at the seams) with floaty, shadowless grass. The illusion breaks much more easily when most of the game looks great under ideal lighting.

TC2's map might be huge, but it's empty.

Maybe not quite "huge", but I think that's been the general impression of Fortune Island? :lol:

Last edited:
I like that you guys are jumping on me for saying something I didn't say.

I didn't say TC2 was an objectively better looking game than FH4. I said TC2 was a more consistent looking game (with better water and particle effects).

With FH4 chasing photorealism, the bad "gamey" compromises stand out a lot more, like all the trees becoming 2D cutouts 20m away from your car and the flat, blurry ground textures (that don't line up at the seams) with floaty, shadowless grass. The illusion breaks much more easily when most of the game looks great under ideal lighting.

Maybe not quite "huge", but I think that's been the general impression of Fortune Island? :lol:

I've got something that's consistent that comes out my butt.

Just because it's consistent doesn't mean it isn't ****.

I've got something that's consistent that comes out my butt.

Just because it's consistent doesn't mean it isn't ****.

Fair enough. But I'd rather my bowel movements look consistent than to suddenly and unexpectedly see something horrific.

A few things I'd like to see fixed:

More garage sorting and filtering options; specifically sorting by date acquired and filtering by suspension types.

The ability to paint wheels on community liveries!

Fixing the UI so it makes sense - no more having to scroll through a list of manufacturers and models to search the auction house, it's not hard to display multiple lines of text in a legible way now that SDTVs are dead, it's not 2006...

A few things I'd like to see fixed:

More garage sorting and filtering options; specifically sorting by date acquired and filtering by suspension types.

The ability to paint wheels on community liveries!

Fixing the UI so it makes sense - no more having to scroll through a list of manufacturers and models to search the auction house, it's not hard to display multiple lines of text in a legible way now that SDTVs are dead, it's not 2006...

The auction house needs a usability overhaul in general. From the eternity it takes to actually claim a car you've won, to the lack of ability to save search parameters, to the inability to set alerts when certain cars go up for auction, and that's just to start.

All I really want at this point is the ability to preview a custom route's layout before loading it, just so I'm not wasting time with lame credit farming freeway drag races. If I wanted a long boring drive in a straight line, I'd go play Desert Bus.

The auction house needs a usability overhaul in general. From the eternity it takes to actually claim a car you've won, to the lack of ability to save search parameters, to the inability to set alerts when certain cars go up for auction, and that's just to start.

After playing Madden Ultimate Team for a little bit, it would be nice if Forza would offer an outside way to check on auctions and such. Either through a website like in the Forza 2 days, or through an app.

It'd also be nice if we can get actually accurate timing when listings are lower then 60 seconds, because I have lost many an auction to people who seemingly put in a bid at the last possible second.

After playing Madden Ultimate Team for a little bit, it would be nice if Forza would offer an outside way to check on auctions and such. Either through a website like in the Forza 2 days, or through an app.

It'd also be nice if we can get actually accurate timing when listings are lower then 60 seconds, because I have lost many an auction to people who seemingly put in a bid at the last possible second.

I can't count the number of times I've bid on an auction that said "ending soon", only for it to say the auction was over immediately after, and I had... lost?

I dislike what Forza (both of them) have done to the auction house in general. I PREFERRED it when people actually sold their liveries and vinyls directly, and a really good painter could "charge" more than a less skilled one. I liked when the auctions were actual auctions with no hard cap based on the dev's fake valuation of the car in-game.

Things that are bad about the current AH (not exhaustive):

- Not being able to save search parameters - or even just "save" your LAST search.
- Not having a visible countdown for auctions.
- Not adding more time when a bid is placed.
- The sheer sluggishness involved in doing ANYTHING.
- The meaningless categories - such as the quick link for "rare" car auctions, that just lists barn finds and FE car auctions, instead of actual unicorns.
- No button to quickly re-list something that didn't sell.
- No button to quickly claim anything you've won (or reclaim any credits from lost auctions)
- Not being able to set auto-bidding with a max cap, like on eBay.
- Not being able to get alerts for when certain cars go up for auction.
- No app or browser-based access to the AH

I'm sure others can add more. It's clear the AH wasn't really improved at all between FH3 and 4.

I definitely do think that the painter's markup for vehicles in the AH should be removed, and we should go back to the system in FM4 and FH1 where liveries and tunes were sold directly for a price. There's very obviously a market where rare vehicles are essentially locked out to the common player because of painters who jack up the prices on any sort of interesting car hoping people will bite the bullet.

That, or make it so that painters can only mark up the price to 25% or lower of the base price for a vehicle in the Autoshow.

And as I've harped on time and time again - the fact that there is no searching of liveries via best, or most downloaded, is an absolute joke. Why? I'm sure lots of people would rather be able to download the best, or the most downloaded (insert quip about these two categories being filled with ****** Martini, Monster, or Red Bull rip offs) right off the bat, and support the painters that they like, instead of wading through about 95% crap liveries when they get a car from the Autoshow or DLC, just to get a good livery. That, or know what they want on a car from the jump.

I definitely do think that the painter's markup for vehicles in the AH should be removed, and we should go back to the system in FM4 and FH1 where liveries and tunes were sold directly for a price. There's very obviously a market where rare vehicles are essentially locked out to the common player because of painters who jack up the prices on any sort of interesting car hoping people will bite the bullet.

That, or make it so that painters can only mark up the price to 25% or lower of the base price for a vehicle in the Autoshow.

And as I've harped on time and time again - the fact that there is no searching of liveries via best, or most downloaded, is an absolute joke. Why? I'm sure lots of people would rather be able to download the best, or the most downloaded (insert quip about these two categories being filled with ****** Martini, Monster, or Red Bull rip offs) right off the bat, and support the painters that they like, instead of wading through about 95% crap liveries when they get a car from the Autoshow or DLC, just to get a good livery. That, or know what they want on a car from the jump.

If you go to the search function for liveries for a specific car, and just search with the default settings (Anything/Anything), it'll order the results by number of downloads, in descending order. Stumbled on this by accident a while back.

Personally, whenever I can, I try to pick something that ISN'T already being used by like twelve thousand other people. Plus, many of the popular liveries aren't even necessarily good - they are just the FIRST person to get a passable Monster or Martini livery up for a particular car, and then it snowballs from there.

Personally, whenever I can, I try to pick something that ISN'T already being used by like twelve thousand other people. Plus, many of the popular liveries aren't even necessarily good - they are just the FIRST person to get a passable Monster or Martini livery up for a particular car, and then it snowballs from there.
A lot of people also don't realize that they can buy a car without picking a livery since the screen pops up automatically, so they just pick the first one and erase it immediately after the fact. Of course that just adds more downloads to that livery even though it's not even being used, which makes the problem worse.

I would love to be able to turn the music off completely, along with being able to leave streamer mode on for the parts where there's always music. If I have to hear the bloody
'Don't you" song one more time...

Yes, this is THE most disgusting thing in this game. That damn music what repeats all the time. Before and after every race, at every forzaton and every time you came out of the festival garage. DONT YOU! clap clap clap ^^

What does this streamer option? If i turn it on there is still that damn music everywhere.

2 things I’d like to see addressed

Fix the co-op race bug

Allow us to downgrade the tires on certain cars.

I hate how inconsistent the tyre choices for some cars are. I find it hard to believe a Koenigsegg One:1 starts on Sports tires yet a 996 GT3 Start on racing slicks.

Yes, this is THE most disgusting thing in this game. That damn music what repeats all the time. Before and after every race, at every forzaton and every time you came out of the festival garage. DONT YOU! clap clap clap ^^

What does this streamer option? If i turn it on there is still that damn music everywhere.

Disgusting...? Haha. I believe RetroKrystal at the official forums said they were looking into a solution to disable the ambient music at the festival etc.

I would like to turn off the free roam drivatars. The fact aside, that they often hit you, which is annoying, I sometimes just want to feel like the special snowflake, when cruising in a Zonda or so. Just as I would feel in real life, driving a car like this.

I would like to turn off the free roam drivatars. The fact aside, that they often hit you, which is annoying, I sometimes just want to feel like the special snowflake, when cruising in a Zonda or so. Just as I would feel in real life, driving a car like this.
I swear the ai in this game are even worse

What I meant, was, that I would like to optionally turn off the the other "racers" and just have the regular traffic activated.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but I'd like to see improvements for the blueprint system. Its brilliant for what it is, and has taken up the majority of my post-campaign time; but there are a few things that bug me.

The biggest item, of course, is the abysmal search feature. That needs a complete rework in pretty much every way possible.

Next is the 50 car limit when making custom blueprints. I don't understand it, particularly considering that most of the preset car selections are well above the limit themselves. Usually I'd just go for the "anything goes" event type like everyone else, but at the same time I don't like seeing trucks or buggies in my road races, nor supercars in my cross country events.

The absence of street race events is also a bit confusing. The inclusion of traffic would definitely liven up custom events. Plus some of the street race starting points are in perfect locations for circuits I want to make.

The "current season" option for the season selection could be better as well. Right now it just defaults races to the current season and never changes. If its winter when you make the event, it will always be winter.
What it SHOULD do is default races to the current season, and have that season change each week to match the open world. So if you make an event in winter, then the season turns to spring, the race will also be spring.

And lastly is the current inability for your routes to double over themselves without making the ai confused, or receiving the "checkpoint missed" indicator. I did bring up this particular bug over at the Forza forums, and they did answer, saying that there isn't, and will never be a fix for this in FH4. I guess its just too complicated to resolve. But I'd like it to happen nonetheless, even if it means getting it done in FH5.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to turn the music off completely, along with being able to leave streamer mode on for the parts where there's always music. If I have to hear the bloody
'Don't you" song one more time...

I second that 100%.

I highly doubt they're going to get rid of that stupid Season Playlist system, so here's a few changes I think would make it much more tolerable:
  • Make Trials, Playground Games seasonal events and qualifying for Ranked Online Adventure optional for seasonal completion. Not everyone has or can afford an Xbox Live Gold subscription, so locking them out of this is a bit unfair for them.
  • Daily Forzathon challenges should also be optional for seasonal completion as well. External factors, most notably being out of the house and away from the Xbox as a result, may make players skip a beat. It would be unfair to punish players for not obsessively playing the game to get that sweet, sweet 100% completion reward.
These are really the only solutions I can think of to fix the Season Playlist and make it much more tolerable than it is now.

The ability to gift cars to other people. I have some rare cars (Crown Vic, Aventador SV) that I'd like to give to my family since they don't have any of them but the only option I have is the auction house. No way they'll stay on long enough for me to transfer them between files.

The ability to gift cars to other people. I have some rare cars (Crown Vic, Aventador SV) that I'd like to give to my family since they don't have any of them but the only option I have is the auction house. No way they'll stay on long enough for me to transfer them between files.
Wasn't this an option in the past?

Playlist Completion 75% for top tier.

Ability to set PI limit in Blueprint to whatever I want.

When set to "current", Blueprint event plays the season I access the event in rather than the one when the event was created in.

Back