The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,872 views
What they say! 👍 Maybe even stretch it to a 4 hour endurance race! :trouble: :lol: (little inside joke)

Alle gekheid op een stokje, I'm up for it as long if the race start is not postponed to much. 👍
 
even stretch it to a 4 hour endurance race! :trouble: :lol: (little inside joke)

:) I actually suggested to Ade the other day we should have an endurance race. Maybe 2 hours would be enough..
 
I'm up for a longer race, Should make things interesting.

I'd do as many laps as what you guys want, 35, 40, 50 etc.
 
Will be doing some tests to see how many laps to add to each of the last 2 races later.

I also see some interest is there for an enduro. How about a trial endurance race as one of the specials planned after this season ends?
 
Will be doing some tests to see how many laps to add to each of the last 2 races later.

I also see some interest is there for an enduro. How about a trial endurance race as one of the specials planned after this season ends?

Yeah I was thinking as of the specials.. :)

You off tomorrow Ade?
 
OK racers, I have run a few test laps. When I originally set up S2, I ran timed laps to work out the race time. I aimed for 40 minutes or there abouts. These laps were run with the original 217 bhp we all started with, so now we are at 277 bhp, these times are going to be improved. As I have mentioned I would like to extend the final 2 races to allow for the slower tyre degradation. Here are my thoughts...

Deep Forest Reverse, extend the race to 36 laps. This should make the race about 50 minutes.

Spa, extend the race to 22 laps. Again roughly 50 minutes.

These are just suggestions, but if everyone is agreeable I will update the graphics. As mentioned, it will mean we will have to start the races as close to 8.30 as possible, but I can open the lounge a bit earlier to do this.

Let me know if you are all happy with these additional laps.
 
Sounds good to me mate.. Starting a bit earlier would suit me also :)
 
👍

longer races= more chances for race action= more fun
 
Ran a few laps.. I love DF but not in rev :ouch: Would be great if someone can post some lap times so I got something to aim for.. 👍

Also.. What do you think about using the grey concrete run off? My opinion is it would just be easier to allow it, rather than trying to police it in Quali and the race..
 
Last edited:
Would be great if someone can post some lap times so I got something to aim for.. 👍

The practice runs I did last night were done using the pad (offline) just to give me an idea of race time. I easily managed low 1:19's, so I think that 16's or possibly 15's (for the faster drivers) should be possible with the wheel.

Also.. What do you think about using the grey concrete run off? My opinion is it would just be easier to allow it, rather than trying to police it in Quali and the race..

From my point of view, it would be easier to allow this also. Otherwise I would have to watch every single lap of every driver in the replay. Using the concrete run off also makes the corner slightly easier to take. What does everyone else think?
 
I'm against allowing it, but also against penalizing it.

I think the SC group is fair enough to stay on track and in reverse configuration that spot is less problematic to drive around due to the low speed of the previous corner.

I for one will try to avoid it.
 
Whatever is easier, i would prefer the 2 wheels on the track rule (Not curb). But allowing it would make it a whole lot easier.
 
Usually it's obvious when someone is using it anyway, you can gain up to half a second if you take it fast enough.
 
OK, thank you for your answers gents. The use of the concrete run off will not be permitted.
 
Also here is the updated graphic with the increased lap count, and minimum laps on the medium tyre.

race7-2.png
 
What does everyone else think?

OK, thank you for your answers gents. The use of the concrete run off will not be permitted.

:lol:
I do not wish to use the concrete run off.
Sorry for the slow anwser, I hope I'm a bit faster then this in the race! :lol: :dopey:
 
After just running a few laps without the run off It's actually a lot better in the section that follows now, as not carrying quite as much speed through there. Ran a nice clean (2 wheels on the track) 1'14.699 just now. Would think a 13 is possible but 15's should be good for race pace 👍
 
STEWARDS ENQUIRY.
ILLEGAL ENGINE TUNING.​

It has come to my attention that there may have been some illegal engine tuning to an individual racers car. This has been picked up in the replay from the last race. In this race everyone's cars should have had 2 upgrades. Any configuration of the upgrades gives max revs of 9000 rpm at the red line. Even with all 3 the max is still 9000. The car in question was showing 9200 rpm at the red line. The only way to achieve this is by carrying out the engine tuning, which is forbidden in SC. I have tried every configuration this afternoon, and can only achieve these additional revs by engine tuning. I take a lot of time to organize the Sunday Cup, and rely on everyone's honesty. The series is based on trust, with real life prizes, and I will not tolerate cheating. I invite all Sunday Cup drivers to view their replays of the last race, and the driver in question to explain the increase in revs they have managed to get, if it wasnt by illegal tuning. That is all...
 
Last edited:
That's disappointing, i don't understand why people would want to cheat. :(
On a side note, could someone send me a copy of their replay, i'm actually very curious to find something out (Not related to the cheating incident).
 
Not that I blame GT5, but we all know it has its limits with what you can select and tick, but when someone wishes to stick parts on that don't effect BHP/Weight or PP (they must still give a bonus to performance) or tune up to only dial back off with the Power Limiter it's pretty bad really :sick:

Good spot anyway Ade 👍 Hopefully GT6 will have a multitude of online options so you can really remove any doubt over what someone's car is actually tuned like (even if you hovered the cursor over the cars in the lounge list and it showed all the tuning parts!?)

Don't know why another slider couldn't have been added now so the room host could select the min % on the PL....
 
Back