The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,953 views
It's probably your upload speed that causes the problem???
 
At the end of the day GT is just a game. Regardless of time and effort people put in, its not going anywhere. Real life and family matter more than anything else. Take as long as is needed to get things straight. My thoughts go out to you in your time of darkness. Hope things get better for all involved soon.
 
Sunday Cuppers. Thank you for your understanding. True community love is what I see here. Trotter is a very close family friend, and what he is going through now is horrendous. Some of you raced with him in S1 and 2, and Core GT, and you may have him on your PSN. Please refrain from contacting him.

I really do appreciate your patients gentlemen, and normal service will resume. But for now, just keep on practicing.

Thanks guys.
 
Sunday Cuppers.

Firstly I would like to thank you all for being patient. It has been an extremely sad week for me, as you have probably worked out. It was nice that the thread has been quiet since last Sunday, respect to you all. One thing I have taken from this week is that life is too short, and you must live it to the full.

Race 2 will take place on March 3rd, and I have altered the date on the calender in the OP. All other race dates have been pushed back by 2 weeks also.

As I havnt had any time for GT5 this last week, tonight I will be having a practice at Motegi. If anyone wishes to join me, the lobby will be open from 8.00pm.👍

I also have some excellent news on the prizes for S3, but Im not gonna share that with you yet. You will have to wait until next week.:sly::sly::sly:

Also it was time to post. The Sunday Cup belongs on the front page of this forum, not page 2.:lol::lol:
 
Nice to see the thread active again :) I'll be joining ya.. Yeah buddy!!
 
Nice little easy practice to knock the rust off. Just Dan and myself. No races, just some laps with Dan managing a 29.9xx, and I got a 30.6xx. If I am free tomorrow evening I will run another practice, but I wont know until later in the afternoon. It was good to be back.👍👍
 
Hi All, any thoughts on whether practice is on tonight?
 
Hi All, any thoughts on whether practice is on tonight?

Hi Jammy, I wont be able to make it tonight. I have got so much to do. Please feel free to get some practice in without me though. If you do, dont forget to save me the replays.

Next weekend will be practice as usual, both Sat and Sun.👍
 
I shall try and get on this evening, if I can wrangle the tv time.
Ade, I've noticed that the starting grid graphic for race #1 has the wrong colour car for happysilvia.
 
I shall try and get on this evening, if I can wrangle the tv time.
Ade, I've noticed that the starting grid graphic for race #1 has the wrong colour car for happysilvia.

Doh!!!!. Well spotted. Will get it sorted.👍👍
 
GTP_ADE
Doh!!!!. Well spotted. Will get it sorted.👍👍

No problem, I don't suppose it's easy with all the comings and goings of people. 👍
 
No problem, I don't suppose it's easy with all the comings and goings of people. 👍

All sorted now. I have so many graphics it is easy to click the wrong one, but thanks for pointing it out.

Practice for race #2 is this weekend, both Sat and Sun, 8.00pm. 👍👍
 
Sunday Cuppers. This weekend normal service resumes with practice sessions for race #2 on both Saturday and Sunday. As promised last weekend, I have some news to give you all regarding prizes. As some of you know, I have been promoting the Sunday Cup at work, and as well as getting the attention of the Lotus facebook and twitter pages, I also had a meeting a few weeks ago with the PR department. I have since been in contact with them, sending the results and some pictures from race #1. They seem to have been impressed by what we are doing, and have very kindly donated some prizes. There will be 2 more prizes added for the top 2, and most fastest laps and pole positions in the coming weeks, but for now take a look at these.

Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the championship.​

LOTUS ESPRIT V8 DIE CAST MODEL.​

espritV8_zps6782bc5f.png


esprits_zpsa8db943e.png


esprt_zpsa79465d7.png


3esprit_zps4eee2d75.png

There are also prizes for the rest of the top 10 finishers in the championship this time.​

Prizes for 4th to 10th in the championship.​

2012 LOTUS F1 TEAM LANYARDS.​

lanyards_zps3abbd596.png

These prizes are fantastic, I am sure you will all agree, and for the first time in the Sunday Cup there will be something for everyone in the top 10 to win.👍👍👍
 
Last edited:
Fantastic Ade! Thank you and thank you Lotus Cars! Amazing. :)
 
Great stuff Ade :)
I whould be thrilled to have anything from Lotus and am a little ashamed(as Lotus fan) that I dont...
 
Nice prizes Ade.. 👍 And you mention more? :D
 
GTP_ADE
....I also had a meeting a few weeks ago with the PR department. I have since been in contact with them, sending the results and some pictures from race #1....

I hope the picture links I had posted hadn't broken when you sent them. I noticed it a few days ago and got around to fixing them today. :guilty:
 
I'm speechless! This is fantastic Ade, nice work. Thank you Lotus.👍👍👍
 
Thanks to Ade and Lotus!!👍

i better start practicing if i want to finish in the top three!!:scared:

thats probably a pipe dream but anything can happen!!:sly:
 
Practice for next weekends race #2 is back tonight and tomorrow gents. Room will be open from 8.00pm. Usual short race format.

PRACTICE_zpsc7d1d094.png
 
I'm not gonna make it tonight.. But I will be there tomorrow night.. Yeah buddy!! :)
 
Can't make any practice sessions this weekend. I've got to do that work thing.
 
Practice was good, if only 3 of us, but the first Motegi benchmarks are set. Another session tomorrow will tell us if these times are race winning. Capt D set the fastest on both tyre compounds, but we know that the alien has already managed a 29. Not many passing places on this track, maybe getting the advantage into T1, or good exit through the chicane may help, but this Academy track is going to prove tricky with more cars. 2nd practice tomorrow may see a few more setting times, but for now Capt D is the pace setter.

Sport medium.

GTP_Capt_D...1:31.109
COBANI...1:31.948
ADE3210...1:32.432

Sport Hard.

GTP_Capt_D...1:33.168
ADE3210...1:33.630
COBANI...1:33.724​
 
Back