The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,878 views
Practice was good ... Not many passing places on this track, maybe getting the advantage into T1, or good exit through the chicane may help, but this Academy track is going to prove tricky with more cars. ...

You got an advantage in T1 for sure! :lol:

SC3-R2-Practice-001_zpseadeccdb.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-002_zps1a40786d.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-003_zpsfb8bde35.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-004_zpsf656739e.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-005_zpsade4c69f.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-006_zpsa902c257.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-007_zps8bb56946.jpg


SC3-R2-Practice-008_zpsc58f01db.jpg


No comment.
 
It was good to get back into Sunday Cup practising. Great pics yet again Bo, posted in double-quick time too. :bowdown:
 
Very nice pics, as always 👍 I setup the WSP this morning and had half an hour behind the wheel..
smiley_driving.gif

My best lap was a 29.0, but I kept making time up in T1 and 2 but always making a slight mistake in T3, and ended up a couple of tenths off.. Still lots of low to mid 29's which I think will be ok for race pace.
 
Nice touch with the prizes Ade, you really have gone to a lot of effort with this series! I should be around tonight for some practice... I know it's a bit late to ask but have you thought about allowing each driver to drop 1 race?

I managed a 29.5 last week but I'm sure 28's are possible.
 
Really gutted I had to pull out of this :(. Mostly for the racing, but a wee bit for the prizes. :P
 
Nice touch with the prizes Ade, you really have gone to a lot of effort with this series! I should be around tonight for some practice... I know it's a bit late to ask but have you thought about allowing each driver to drop 1 race?

I managed a 29.5 last week but I'm sure 28's are possible.

Great time Hancock. Looks like you will be keeping Dan company.

With the option of dropping 1 race, I used the 16-1 points system to keep the championship close all the way through. I think this also makes everyone try their absolute hardest for each race, and if the option to drop a race was there it may lead to drivers high up in the championship standings, not having that desire to get back to the front if they found themselves towards the back of the field in a race, knowing they could drop it. This way, every race counts.



Really gutted I had to pull out of this :(. Mostly for the racing, but a wee bit for the prizes. :P

The prizes are great, and there's a few more to come. With Joylord's and Cobani's very kind offer, the winner of the series will receive an awesome bespoke prize. I will post the details about this after tonight's practice. 8.00pm gents.👍👍👍
 
Last edited:
Great practice tonight saw 6 turn in to set Motegi lap times. We ran 4 lap races, 3 on the medium and 2 on the hard. The lap times came down from last nights practice, and there is more time to be found here. Come race day turn 1 is going to be a challenge on lap 1, however there were no incidents there tonight. I was really pleased to get into the 29's tonight on the medium, but there is still lots of work to do on the hards. What did we learn tonight?.......Dan is still an Alien, and Cobani cant count.:sly::sly:

SPORT MEDIUM TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...1:29.130
HANCOCLC...1:29.501
GTP_CAPT.D...1:29.794
ADE3210...1:29.928
COBANI...1:30.623
GOODWOLF...1:30.700

SPORT HARD TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...1:31.709
GTP_CAPT.D...1:32.153
HANCOCLC...1:32.157
GOODWOLF...1:32.956
COBANI...1:33.127
ADE3210...1:33.302
​


Now more news on prizes. The winner of S3 will get to choose a picture from a selection taken by Cobani at the end of the season. That picture will then be reproduced as a print, by GTP_JOYLORD. This print will be a fantastic bespoke personal prize for this championship. Please see the examples below. Special thanks to JOYLORD and COBANI for offering to do this.

The additional prize for 2nd place is a Lotus baseball cap, in black and gold with red piping. F1 trim.

The 3rd place prize will be a Lotus F1 lanyard.

All these prizes are in addition to the prizes already mentioned.

Now what do you think of that??


Print example pics, courtesy of Joylord.​
picture.php
 
:)
This championship is getting better by a week and we went pretty far after the first season. I just hope I'll be here every step of the way. :cheers:
 
Those pics look really good :) Was great fun tonight.. The race is gonna be epic. 👍
 
That's becoming quite an impressive prize list 👍👍👍
I especially like the photo addition, makes me want to try harder, but my talent wall holds me back.
 
...What did we learn tonight?.......Dan is still an Alien, and Cobani cant count.:sly::sly:
:lol: thanks man, these times are ridiculously fast by the way ... 👍
 
:lol: thanks man, these times are ridiculously fast by the way ... 👍

If you turn off that menu music, I bet you will be at least half a sec faster ;)

Bob Dance...You the man!!!

For peeps not in the know, Bob Dance is a legendary Team Lotus mechanic who received the John Bolster award for services to Motorsport.. 👍
 
The next race is on Sunday, right?

Well I'm doing another kind of race that day...Vasaloppet Feel free to join me! :)

Ade: Call in the reserve driver!
 
The next race is on Sunday, right?

Well I'm doing another kind of race that day...Vasaloppet Feel free to join me! :)

Ade: Call in the reserve driver!

OK Rosen, thanks for letting me know. Good luck mate. I seem to remember you doing a massive offroad run aswell last year. That is hardcore extreme sports man.👍👍👍

Reserve position available for Sunday.
 
Hey guys, this is a new video I've finished. It is very rough so please excuse the mic quality but I wanted to give you an idea of what I was thinking I could do with the replays. I'm looking for feedback so please let me know what you think. Also this was recorded late at night so I was a bit tired, hence why my voice may sound a bit lackluster. 👍

 
I think it's pure awesomeness!
The idea is great!
And I never heard a Dowlin before ... :D
 
Liking your work dowlin 👍👍👍
I can see the commentary getting quite frantic with more cars.
 
I like what your doing. As GC said with more cars it will get frantic but only at the beginning. Later in the race if you want to capture all the action and get a better video, you'll have to find the key points in the race on which you'll focus. Make short notes of what's going on and in front of it put the lap number so you can easily use this when your making a vid. This way your commentary too will be rich and improved.
 
A good point about pre-recording race notes goodwolf. You could perhaps use a "ride along" on individuals fastest laps as filler, if nothing much is happening on track.
 
Sigh.... Why am i so slow? Maybe i'm just no good at GT5 anymore. I can only get a 1:30.4 with mediums, i mean, wtf is that?

Could someone share their car for me to use? i feel like i'm setting it up wrong or something or i'm missing a part. Or maybe i'm just crap. Yea, that'll be it.
 
I know man, I appreciate it, but I'm no better with it. Lol.
 
Hey guys, this is a new video I've finished. It is very rough so please excuse the mic quality but I wanted to give you an idea of what I was thinking I could do with the replays. I'm looking for feedback so please let me know what you think. Also this was recorded late at night so I was a bit tired, hence why my voice may sound a bit lackluster. 👍


That is Awesome Dowlin. 👍 Great commentary and capture of key points. As Goodwolf and GC have said, knowing key points of the race will make it easier for you to capture all the action. I will be watching the replays as usual, and letting you know of anything I experience in the races that may make it to the final cut.

Love the image you chose for the vid aswell. 👍
 
I already gave you a setup. 👍

I wonder why most are so reluctant to share in the thread :P


@Dowlin, great effort, just please don't speak of yourself in the 3rd person, kinda creepy...
 
I wonder why most are so reluctant to share in the thread :P

I dont mind sharing mine, I tried to replicate a set up similar to the ones I used in S1 and S2 which were very similar, but it didnt transfer to the Evora as well as I had hoped it would. I was surprised to find that putting negative toe on the rear helped make the car a bit more stable. The set up is nothing special, but with plenty of track time it has improved my lap times.

Height fr -24 rr-23.
springs fr 10.5 rr 15.0
damp comp fr 5 rr7
damo ext fr 5 rr7
arb fr 3 rr 3

camb fr 2.0 rr 2.0
toe fr-0.23 rr-0.04
 
jimftr
Sigh.... Why am i so slow? Maybe i'm just no good at GT5 anymore. I can only get a 1:30.4 with mediums, i mean, wtf is that?

Could someone share their car for me to use? i feel like i'm setting it up wrong or something or i'm missing a part. Or maybe i'm just crap. Yea, that'll be it.

Looks like I may see a lot of you Sunday as my times top out around there too. I think I'm capable of 1:29's but achieving it, that's another thing entirely :crazy:

My suspension setup (front/rear)
-25/-25 ride height
12.2/14.8 spring rate
5/5 damper ext
4/5 damper comp
3/4 roll bar

1.5/1.7 camber
0.0/0.28 toe
Ballast set to 11.
 
I have my ballast set at 17 to the rear. This gives the Evora a 39/61 weight distribution which is true to real life.
 
Back