The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,206 comments
Probably all of this has already been mentioned, but since I just "finished" the game yesterday, here is my "rant"

1.- Microscopic and highly restrictive career mode:
  • No events for a ton of cars = tons of wasted potential.
  • Most cars can only be used on tracks from their native continent.
  • Many supercars need to be either stock of need to be de-tuned in order to be used.
  • Microscopic selection of prize cars = no replay value, only grinding.
  • Microscopic selection of events you can use to grind.
  • Microscopic selection of events overall (many, and I mean... MANY iconic racing series from past games have been axed for no freaking reason).
  • Microscopic list of championship type-events.
  • Worst Rally events of the whole GT series period.
2.- As stated on it's own thread, the reward ticket system is awful.

3.- LCD is a joke. The fact PD are the ones that control what we can and what we can't get is outrageous.

4.- Invitation tickets to buy certain cars. (Veyron, One 77, etc.). This would have been a very good idea if they were somehow introduced as established rewards during career mode, but just praying to get one by pure luck on a daily roulette were you can also get a car you probably don't want, 10K credits, a bag of chips and an exhaust for a car you are no going to ever buy??? No. Sorry.

5.- No need to even bother with the Super Licence. No event on the game requires you to have it as far as I can tell.

6.- Mycroscopic prize money for winning custom races: This could actually SOLVE the career mode issue, as replay value could be almost endless. BUT it's not a solution at all when you barely get any credits.

PD, why do you hate us so much? :(

Last edited:
I wish parts I've bought for one car like the 1965 Mini Cooper would be available to swap to any other 1965 Mini Cooper as long as if those parts were not currently in use...

Sort of like the Free Replacment system.

S-Parts and engines given the extreme rarity of these should be multi-use.

Upgrade roulette tickets. If I have 2x 3* tickets let us exchange for a single 6*

6x 1* could be exchangeable for a single 6*

1x 2* and 1x 4* = 6*

Similar to how carnival prizes work.

It'll never happen though. I doubt they read these forums or care about what the average person who plays GT7 has to say.

All they want is you to buy credits in-game.

 I'm expecting we will get to buy engine swaps one day but they will be locked behind a variable mtx the same way you'd buy credits.

Don't be shocked when you see $14.99+ for an engine ticket.

Last edited:
No need to bother with the International licenses either. Only the first two licenses are required to finish the entire rest of the game, unless something changed that I missed.
Welp. Then if that's the case, then why have license tests at all? :lol:

The more I play this game, the more I feel this is an incomplete beta. And GT6 already felt like a very, veeeery raw beta.

i hate how the AI's main objective is to be on whatever your racing line is, not racing their own race.. so many last minute moves just to be in front of me at turn in, or the apex.. & then brake to half the speed the normally do.
ive taken some massively weird lines into some corners & its hilarious to watch the AI try to recalculate to block me, they tend to spin themselves out quite a bit. 🤣

I know I :redflag: about this once but it gets worst Final lap just a couple of turns left to finish the race and with enough fuel to do so BUT no the generic message of annoyance has to bare its ugly head for no reason other then to try to annoy you even more.

And no turning off the hud is not a option I like to see my mph and keep a eye on the radar and adjust the fuel map.
Gran Turismo® 7_20221230000825.jpg

I know I shouldn't let this get to me but it does it really does.

Just curious what your thoughts are on Licence tests, missions races, circuit experience? Did you try to gold those events?
I think the races being scattered all over the place in specific circuits is annoying, and hard to plan for.
They are too difficult for the average working person. We are not full timers and they take too long to master.

I know I :redflag: about this once but it gets worst Final lap just a couple of turns left to finish the race and with enough fuel to do so BUT no the generic message of annoyance has to bare its ugly head for no reason other then to try to annoy you even more.

And no turning off the hud is not a option I like to see my mph and keep a eye on the radar and adjust the fuel map.
View attachment 1219328

I know I shouldn't let this get to me but it does it really does.
It’s an option that is in GT Sport, but not in this game. So much redundant info, done poorly.

Has to be the utter waste of resources that went into meeting places. I mean what was the thinking behind this?
The only thing I've noticed about meeting places is that I can freely use a kart without the lobby limiting everyone else to using them as well.

Nobody ever says anything... There is usually a bunch of VGT bots (I call them bots as they usually don't talk and stick to one vehicle)

Can't even use n20 there either. Which is another restricted feature that just infuriates me.

Last edited:
Lack of telemetry data in-game... Other popular arcade titles have the feature. GT while claiming to be a simulator simply cannot provide you this information....

Although someone has done the hard work and created an app to do so.

Can't turbo some vehicles like a Corvette... Do they need a picture of how it's done? My neighbor has a twin turbo C7

Weight reduction is just on paper. Visually it shows nothing even was done.

Roll cages weigh nothing. Are they purely cosmetic? The one I had in my old car weighed around 170lbs.

Last edited:
Can't turbo some vehicles like a Corvette... Do they need a picture of how it's done? My neighbor has a twin turbo C7
You can supercharge X car, but cant Turbo charge it.
Both force air into the engine, they're just powered by different means.
If a car can be supercharged, it can be turbo charged and vice versa.

Engineering Explained supercharged his S2000.
The odd ability to some how put a computer on a car with a carburetor
While their were cars that had computer controlled carburetors, these were not computers in the way GT makes them out to be.

The size of the wiper on the Enzo!.. yikes!

Makes me think a piece of the front of the car is falling off.. smh.

Seriously, that damn thing should be recessed..

Enzo-Pass-View-00.jpg

NW.

Last edited:
Has to be the utter waste of resources that went into meeting places. I mean what was the thinking behind this?
If they worked better I think they could be fun. Nordschleife, tourist layout, being able to drive around and see each other's cars in the parking area? Yes please. Same with Tokyo.

But unfortunately it has terrible connection issues and isn't good for much other than lapping, so they go underused.

Lack of telemetry data in-game... Other popular arcade titles have the feature. GT while claiming to be a simulator simply cannot provide you this information....

Although someone has done the hard work and created an app to do so.

Weight reduction is just on paper. Visually it shows nothing even was done.

Roll cages weigh nothing. Are they purely cosmetic? The one I had in my old car weighed around 170lbs.

sigh
I brought that up recently in fact I don't think you can TT any american car. :crazy:

I hate that the Alfa 4C and the road version of the Gr.3 both come with those hideous spider eye headlight clusters and I can't change them despite the normal headlights being modeled on the race cars. They absolutely ruin the car for me.

Major annoyance for me...

No warning when it will replace your car to the track. I'm turning to get back on track then boom I'm on track whilst still steering and on the loud pedal. What happens??. Yep into a wall with another penalty ffs

This is why I always have the auto replace option set to OFF. I find the extra time loss to be preferable to the situation you're describing.

Can’t discard the DLC cars from the 25th Anniversary Edition. Don’t know why PD changed it from the way GT Sport DLC functioned.

It’s annoying PD didn’t release the Spirit Racing car with these RAYS/Volk wheels(ZE40). The real race car does use RAYS/Volk wheels(CE28N) middle pic. Even the previous NR-A/N200, from the GT Sport beta had RAYS wheels(57D) bottom pic. Plus the tow hook options, front & side skirts for the MSR livery, with added rear spoiler for the factory colored cars.
I bought the parts, but they should have been standard.

BAC543A2-3AA1-476C-ADBE-978E401153AA.jpeg

9E646489-8AA7-4A33-BF30-8B68516FB651.jpeg

1B317169-3738-404B-B900-DD2EF926C4D8.jpeg

1672728628391.jpeg

My 2 cents

- background music changing every time I enter a section in the Hub. Let the music play AND let us select what tracks we want. It would be cool If had a skip button function.

- not being able to fast change your car when you decide to retry an event.

- when you make up your mind to sell a car and keep track of its value, It is a pain to scroll the whole list to find such car. There would be Nice to have a way to flag the cars we want to sell.

Don't be shocked when you see $14.99+ for an engine ticket.
I would indeed be shocked to see tickets (aka loot boxes) for sale in the PS Store, as those are considered "online gambling" and thus are illegal in a few European Countries already (I'm sure about Belgium, but can't recall the 2-3 others atm).

It's appears that you need to have your car selected before you set up a custom race, I can't find anywhere to change cars anyplace in the custom race menu selection. Who does that??

I would indeed be shocked to see tickets (aka loot boxes) for sale in the PS Store, as those are considered "online gambling" and thus are illegal in a few European Countries already (I'm sure about Belgium, but can't recall the 2-3 others atm).
The Netherlands is the other one and they're tightly regulated in a couple of other countries which will no doubt become more countries in time.

Last edited:

The Netherlands is the other one and they're tightly regulated in a couple of other countries which will no doubt become more countries in time.
Ah thanks, I wasn't sure about the Netherlands.
I'm actually not sure what the legal situation here in Germany is, but GT7 has no age restriction so it may at least be questionable to have loot boxes for sale.

I'm getting more and more annoyed by the light changes after weather changing, La Sarte is realy bad, prob a PS4 thing but i hate it, how difficult is it in 2023?
Spa 1 hour is ofcourse a bit better but still there seems to be someone turning on the lightswitch :banghead:
It's not a "problem" but come on PD ....... it annoyes the h*ll out of me :lol:

Does anyone have an explanation as to why you only get informed on the Sport Mode post-race screen if you gained places?

Quite often, I would actually like to be reminded if I lost places as well. I don't always remember where I qualified, especially during a long session when my memory can be more blurred.

It's probably a niche complaint, but strange nonetheless.

Latest Posts

Back