The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,213 comments
Can we seriously only have 100 million credits at a time?! I can’t just grind the necessary amount to buy all the legend cars and be done, I have to wait for more cars to appear to spend the money before I get more money. Is that right?
Well you could grind and not spend, but that runs into two problems - there's a cap at 100 million and the legend cars you want might not be available when you want to buy them.

I think most folks grind and buy cars at more or less the same time.

-Having to go to your garage just to change your car

This is really tedious when you're mass buying tuning parts and/or tyres. There should be a quick menu of sorts that lets you quickly change your car.
you can change the car one you hit setting and them car change

Well you could grind and not spend, but that runs into two problems - there's a cap at 100 million and the legend cars you want might not be available when you want to buy them.

I think most folks grind and buy cars at more or less the
Well obviously my problem is that the legendary cars are rotating too slowly to keep up with my grinding or else I wouldn’t have all this extra money in the first place! It’s a beyond annoying mechanism in the first place (legendary cars) but they have to go a step further and make the process even more painful by capping your money way below what the sum of the legendary cars’ cost.

Last edited:
The lacking support for the Thrustmaster SF1000 bothers me. The display only shows the most basic telenetry information (gears and rpm that is) and will most certainly crash within 30 minutes of playtime. This isnt the case in ACC or Raceroom, so it is an GT7 issue i'm afraid. Sad since Thrustmaster is still one of GT7s official supporters.

short summary: Stupid track lights and flags don't prioritize yellow over blue and it can cost you half a million!

I was doing the Spa grind race just now in cockpit view without HUD. It started raining and I switched tires. The next lap I came up on a big chunk of the field driving slowly. I figured they were just being careful on slicks.

ALL the flashing lights and flags were blue. There were no cars spun or off track. I slowly made my way past them keeping an eye out incase the blue lights changed to yellow. Nothing.

The following lap my car suddenly cuts off at the penalty zone. I wait, and I wait, and I wait... I know what's happened already and I just quit out. I watch the replay with the HUD on and sure enough there was a caution for a whole third of a lap as I passed them, even though the track lights were flashing blue only, giving me a ten second penalty.

I guess I won't be grinding this race with the HUD off anymore. Real shame. I was really enjoying this after they patched the pit glitch, up until now anyway.

I hope they fix this problem for the VR folks coming up.

Gotta say the roulette system is the one thing that really puts me off. I’ve golded pretty much everything, and the only things I get are upgrade parts for cars I never even intend to own. Or possibly 5000Cr. I did get a Ferrari invite. Twice in a row. Very useful, since I bought the three invite-only cars on my first one. The first one hadn’t even expired yet. I have zero understanding of how the roulette system works, I only know it’s crazy.
Otherwise, I’m quite happy with game, beside the constant Cr. grinding - wich would be way easier if you could get something useful from the roulette tickets.

Gotta say the roulette system is the one thing that really puts me off. I’ve golded pretty much everything, and the only things I get are upgrade parts for cars I never even intend to own. Or possibly 5000Cr. I did get a Ferrari invite. Twice in a row. Very useful, since I bought the three invite-only cars on my first one. The first one hadn’t even expired yet. I have zero understanding of how the roulette system works, I only know it’s crazy.
Otherwise, I’m quite happy with game, beside the constant Cr. grinding - wich would be way easier if you could get something useful from the roulette tickets.
I'm really starting to think this game just has something against me when it comes to those 3 cars. :(

@Mt. Lynx Yeah the roulette system (imho) is the single worst feature I have ever seen in a game and if gt8 has anything close to it.

Getting 4 star tickets for completing daily miles ALL most of the time and having no way to influence this. Worst of all, there really is not much incentive to drive more than the required daily amount. Try the new TT? Golded after 8 laps. Sport Mode races? BoP lameness. AI chasing the rabbit career “races“, done and never again. Lobbies? dwindeling numbers with the few that are left mostly roleplaying or rate my car... Missions, Licenses, Menus? All done. The only challenge left is to not throw this game in the bin.

Getting 4 star tickets for completing daily miles ALL most of the time and having no way to influence this. Worst of all, there really is not much incentive to drive more than the required daily amount. Try the new TT? Golded after 8 laps. Sport Mode races? BoP lameness. AI chasing the rabbit career “races“, done and never again. Lobbies? dwindeling numbers with the few that are left mostly roleplaying or rate my car... Missions, Licenses, Menus? All done. The only challenge left is to not throw this game in the bin.
I dint understand why people don't like BOP? Unless you are an alien most will probably not see much difference in lap times when using different cars. Without BOP dailies would become one make races for the fastest tuned car at each track. Not only that but how much time would someone have to spend tuning their cars to be fast in every category at every track? I know that I would rather spend my limited play time racing rather than tuning.

1. There are no updates for new WHEEL models. Neither GT Sport took place.

2. The Gr.4 category became GT-R/Impreza Cup. Since of the release there is this defect in the game, and it seems that they are little worried if Gr.4 is broken, without minimally decent BoP.

Last edited:
2. The Gr.4 category became GT-R/Impreza Cup. Since of the release there is this defect in the game, and it seems that they are little worried if Gr.4 is broken, without minimally decent BoP.

This one bothers me most because on GT Sport, when the Group 4 meta emerged as the FF Scirocco and Audi TT, they quickly nerfed them.

We're almost a year after a launch and they've made zero progress towards finishing the single-player. That and we haven't had ANYTHING for two months... We'll get a few more cars, maybe a couple tracks, but what you see is what you get with GT7. Should have been the best in the series but it even fails to match-up to Sport in everything other than tuning. So I'm pretty much giving up on it... If they can't be bothered to support it, why should the consumers?

Last edited:
We're almost a year after a launch and they've made zero progress towards finishing the single-player. That and we haven't had ANYTHING for two months... We'll get a few more cars, maybe a couple tracks, but what you see is what you get with GT7. Should have been the best in the series but it even fails to match-up to Sport in everything other than tuning. So I'm pretty much giving up on it... If they can't be bothered to support it, why should the consumers?
There's literally an update coming out in 3 days. Who knows what they're gonna add.

It kinda annoys me that some tracks didn't get an update to current layouts. Catalunya and Spa have changed, but we're still driving the 2015 layouts. Those bristle patches at Bus Stop exit annoy me the most. Those are gone from the real life tracks for 2 years now, but we still have to avoid them coming out the chicane.

It also annoys me that tracks have no clear track limits determined and how they apply.

Another point of annoyance (which I have in all GT game races) is that we always have to start from the back of the grid, eventhough we've won them races many many times previously.

Last edited:
The Corvette C8 has an "Instant MPG" readout on the dashboard. Cool, that's the kind of small detail that everyone loves about Gran Turismo. The problem is... it doesn't work. Or maybe it does, but it certainly isn't reading miles per gallon, because it maxes out at 23.4, and the car is rated for 24 mpg highway and regularly achieves higher than that in real owner experience.

Is there a fuel economy measurement for which 23.4 translates to 99.9 miles per gallon? Because I suspect that is what is going on here, having owned a GM car where the instant MPG readout would cap at 99.9. But kilometers per liter equates to 55 mpg and I don't think that's a sensible maximum, nor am I aware of other units that are in common usage.

A liter is .2642 of a gallon, so if it were miles per liter it would equal 88.6 miles per gallon... not a bingo.

Last edited:
Having the last R32 but not the first R32. Really annoying.

1677825839369.jpeg

There is no option to set button for HUD on/off. I realy like to drive without HUD but sometimes i need quick look at some information. I must go on option button and then trought the menu to on/off HUD. It is a small thing but i think everyone will love it.

When doing time trails for a race in sport mode, why isn't there an option to change car. Have to exit back to the sport mode menu, select daily races, and the race, then I can change car. Same, if I want to go from time trail to enter an event.

Daily roulette - bad, bad, bad, game design.

Consistent track penalties when taking what feels like the proper real racing line, on Grand Valley. I'm obviously a pixel over each time. But the margin 'feels' inconsistent. I recognize that this is highly unlikely.

Oh, and TCS sometimes turns itself on between races in sport mode. Tyres not staying on those selected when exiting sport mode

Last edited:
dealership invites - the wheel of misfortune - car rotation in the dealers are way tooo slow who wanna wait 6 months to buy a virtual car they want in a game they paid 70bucks for!!?? :embarrassed:

The ridiculous prices for resetting your cars in the tune shop 6 million for a new body 4 million for a new engine!!? :embarrassed:

The soundtrack keeps changing when navigating menu's and that sax guy in the tune shop theme that dude needs to take a break!!

no easy overview of races it would be so much better if I could look up wtc700 or wtc800 race and then a list of the tracks that have it show up...

That sax guy in the tune shop theme.... did I mention him allready?? that dude really gets on my nerves!!!

too many of the new cars added get put in the legendary shop instead of the used car dealer where they belong and it will also increase the rotation time of the cars allready added too the legendary shop so yeah less new cars for that and more for the used car dealer...

the PP system.... that thing just needs to go..

the pit times... they should reflect more wut it is in real life it do not take 34 secs to reach the pit at le sarthe it takes 14 sec. or less...

rant over for now at least :D

In no particular order :

1. The sound it makes when you go back ine the menus "chtoiing... chtoiing... chtoiing..."

2. The number of clicks to navigates menus (which gives a lot of opportunities to ear the above mentionned sound), UX engineer nightmare.

3. The sound and haptic return of the dilatation joints at Tokyo.

4. The amount of Cr needed and the few available entertaining ways to win Cr efficiently (don't talk to me about grinding please).

5. The lack of events on many tracks, for various car types.

6. The stupid AI.

7. The bad penalty system in sport mode.

8. The pretended true economy when buying cars, that does not follow when selling them.

There's a lot of wonderful things in that game thought.

Too bad many small things that could be improved easily are not tackled (like 4,5 , 8 above).

I hope for a better AI with time (one that has for example, a tiny bit of sportmanship), and that with time the bad aspects of sport mode will be polished.

Last edited:
A few simple things.

1 - the retry option not having a second option would you like to retry "yes or "no" I'm sure I'm not the only one that has click on the retry option by accident when your on lap 14/15 and click start to change something in the option menu.

2. How when your in interior view and trying to look around the cockpit but pressing down on the right stick makes the camera look back.:banghead: Why I already have look back assign to another button.

3. And I'll say it again the ugly please refuel message will always annoy me.

The flashing "recommended" gear indicator that cannot be turned off.
Do you know if this is specific for each car as well or is it just for a circuit?

For a relative novice like myself, it's really confusing. I try lapping myself, give it ago then watch some YouTube stuff onboard at certain circuits and (GT3 for example) and the braking/ gearing is nothing like what the game is saying. Quite often I'm braking too much, too early and dropping down too many gears based on what the game is telling. Watch a Pro do it on YouTube and try following that, I automatically (genuinely) picked up 4seconds at Spa (I am novice).

Do you know if this is specific for each car as well or is it just for a circuit?

For a relative novice like myself, it's really confusing. I try lapping myself, give it ago then watch some YouTube stuff onboard at certain circuits and (GT3 for example) and the braking/ gearing is nothing like what the game is saying. Quite often I'm braking too much, too early and dropping down too many gears based on what the game is telling. Watch a Pro do it on YouTube and try following that, I automatically (genuinely) picked up 4seconds at Spa (I am novice).
Its only a guide, it's usually showing you a gear lower than the actual best gear to use. I think it's speed specific, so different cars or different gearing will alter the recommended gear to use, but I'm more often than not a gear (sometimes 2) higher.

Its only a guide, it's usually showing you a gear lower than the actual best gear to use. I think it's speed specific, so different cars or different gearing will alter the recommended gear to use, but I'm more often than not a gear (sometimes 2) higher.
One of my biggest wishes is that someone out there could dig a little bit into the 'recommended gear' phenomenon.

It obviously serves a purpose, and from what I can tell it's dynamic (depending on tyre wear/fuel load and myriad other factors). But it behaves very strangely sometimes, for example one of the final sectors before the Mini-Karrusel at Nurb where the track twists but it's flat out and the thing flashes up like you need to brake.

I used to find it quite trustworthy in GT Sport, in GT7 not so much.

One of my biggest wishes is that someone out there could dig a little bit into the 'recommended gear' phenomenon.

It obviously serves a purpose, and from what I can tell it's dynamic (depending on tyre wear/fuel load and myriad other factors). But it behaves very strangely sometimes, for example one of the final sectors before the Mini-Karrusel at Nurb where the track twists but it's flat out and the thing flashes up like you need to brake.

I used to find it quite trustworthy in GT Sport, in GT7 not so much.
I wonder if the suggested gear corresponds to how the AI in career races choose their braking points and lift throttle when in “obstacle mode“.

Back