The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
And Soup prize! (I know, worst way to rephrase Suprise :lol:)

Anyhow, decided to try my hand at Adult versions of the CMC starting with Scootaloo. Someone did do one but again just as a recolor. So for this attempt, I tried to make it unique by Cutting mane down to match what would resemble a adult appropreate size of her short mane. Did two versions, tell me which you guys feel is the closest:

Only difference is the shortness of the mane next to her wing.

Last edited:
A few small dots around her eyes, and the edges are a little rough. But I like the first one more.

I didn't even notice that before, will correct that. Also, did you see the last redo I did to Young Granny Smith? Tried my best to get rid of all the color bleeding.

I dunno about having it come to such a flat even end. Seems like even as an adult she's have it kinda loose. First one's giving off a feel like it's meant to be how she would wear her hair to a formal event or something. It looks good as it is, just...dunno, giving off a semi-formal feeling.

Also, my Daring Do recolor was totally a fair deal for a recolor. Because all DD is is a Dashie recolor:P

Also,
commission__rarity_rozalin_by_spittfireart-d5s8hf0.png

Source
This is absolutely outstanding. I love this artist.

inb4 Andres.

I didn't even notice that before, will correct that. Also, did you see the last redo I did to Young Granny Smith? Tried my best to get rid of all the color bleeding.

Oh yeah. You fixed those errors well enough. Can't see anything wrong with that now. 👍

Well, that's Greg dead.

Sorry. I had my critique glasses on. Still alive here.

Well, that about does it...

*Ded*

^Oh look, Refference Material :lol:

I dunno about having it come to such a flat even end. Seems like even as an adult she's have it kinda loose. First one's giving off a feel like it's meant to be how she would wear her hair to a formal event or something. It looks good as it is, just...dunno, giving off a semi-formal feeling.

I was going to originally just chop right off a picture and put it in, but it would've been a mess so I just tryed to chop the mane.

Also, my Daring Do recolor was totally a fair deal for a recolor. Because all DD is is a Dashie recolor:P

:lol: Not saying recolors are bad (they are cool), just sorta like seeing some variety. Its like going from years of seeing MK Ninjas as palette swaps to seeing them as seperate characthers, just adds some uniqueness to them.

Last edited:
Well, today is the first anniversary of this:

I still don't know what went wrong.

Just thought I'd mention this, with Derpy being Derpy and all. Assuming anyone here cares.

Corrected the dots around the eyes, not sure what else to do:

Also since I'm finding these little niggly things, I've decided to do some fine tuning to the template so I don't run into these issues again.

@Naveek Darkroom: Don't really know much about Derpy other then apparently she's to the series what Ermac was to MK: an error that ended up becoming an actual characther. Interesting to know nonetheless.

Last edited:
There's some blue in her left eye which should be purple. And maybe make the darker purple shades more saturated in both eyes because the colour looks washed out as it is. Use those gifs as a reference if you must.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but her left eye is blue in the top corner.

Tree'd :ouch:

Edit: No way...

mlfw484_1302296223924.jpg

Last edited:

Also,
commission__rarity_rozalin_by_spittfireart-d5s8hf0.png

Source
This is absolutely outstanding. I love this artist.

inb4 Andres.

Rozalin cosplay. :dopey: Even though I didn't get into disgaea 2 she's still in my memory... In a non-creepy way.

Edit: No way...

I agree. *claps*
John must like the show a lot to do something like that.

That was well done. It's cool that they got him and Tara to do that.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the documentary yet? I'd love to buy it but if it's just going to tell me what I already know about the community I might not.

Sometimes, I really can't tell the difference between the actual show animated, or stuff created by JanAnimations. They're so alike.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the documentary yet? I'd love to buy it but if it's just going to tell me what I already know about the community I might not.

Not yet. I'm planning on buying it soon since it's sometimes I've been curious about watching ever since they first announced it.

While I would be surprised if it touched on anything we didn't already know about the community, I do want to see what they included and who they talked to about the fandom. The price of the download is reasonable enough anyway, plus it's something I feel is worth paying a for.

There's some blue in her left eye which should be purple. And maybe make the darker purple shades more saturated in both eyes because the colour looks washed out as it is. Use those gifs as a reference if you must.

Using that now and right away, I now see how moving gifs work so with that, the learning experience has been doubled 👍

I cannot find any way to do that same fade. Its impossible.

Well, it took alot of time and effort, but here it finally is with (hopefully) correct eye color, using those gifs as refference:

Also am finally finished with the template. Before, you would turn off the mane/tail layer and you find this huge empty space where the lines stop and the body color also stops. Now if you were to do that, you would actually see the lines continue and the body color is actually whole. I've also removed the weird dots around the eyes as well as filled in various areas. Now it is a more consistant and less troublesome template.

Last edited:
Alright. It''s muuuuuuch better. :P

Seriously, you fixed those problems nicely. I like the eye colour gradient you added too.

Thanks. I accidently discovered that and once I did, I played around with it abit and managed to get just the right amount that I wanted.

Completely unable to access Tinychat from this laptop anymore. I don't get it, I've cleared my entire cache, and even tried Chrome. Updated Flash, too.

Get the shovel, Tom.

I use to also but I got tired of how like nothing supported Opera & it's laggy all the time. Speeddail kept me using it until I realized Chrome had the same feature.

And now I attempt adult Applebloom:

Not final, just first look at progress. Eye color, body color, Line color and First pass at tailoring the Mane.

The rope goes "ZAS!"

:3

Mind..blown :lol:

Last edited:
Back