The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
sweetiebelle.exe has stopped working.

giphy.gif

It was a pretty good episode, I enjoyed it. :)

I like the amount of new background ponies design's in this episode as well.

Episode art, just this one but I'm expecting to see a lot more from this episode.
dev.png

Last edited:
This episode was kinda crazy and unique but I liked it.

I'm gonna have what Applejack said "You can take our farm but you can't take our freedom!" stuck in my head for a while now. :lol:

Think this is the creepiest thing I've ever seen in this show.
ggg.png

An angry Dash gif cause I don't really know what else to say.
kkgho.gif

So turns out Andy didnt come. A Transformers comic illustrator take place instead.

S06E22: PPPPOOOVVVV
3 lads pretend themselves as pirates for some reason
1262420__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack_screencap_spoiler-colon-s06e22_ppov.png

1262416__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack_screencap_princess+twilight_animated_spike_angry.gif

1262386__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack_screencap_discovery+family+logo_spoiler-colon-s06e22_ppov.png

1262364__safe_rarity_screencap_spoiler-colon-s06e22_ppov.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty good episode overall, really like the expression s but mostly this one.

:3
3.png

Guardians Of Harmony comic does seem intresting.

Season 6 Episodes 25/26
I've been looking forward to this finale ever since I heard about the concept, wondering who Glimglam's band of heroes was going to be. Trixie was a given, and Thorax and Discord both made sense. The interactions between Discord and Trixie were great and I hope we get to see them together more. My only real complaint was that Chryssie didn't get to sing. She was great in the "This Day Aria (reprise)". Chryssie really is best bug pony.

Last edited:
Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree
I'm somewhat surprised that no one has posted about this yet. It's been streaming on Netflix for the past week. I'm a fan of the EG movies, so I was looking forward to this. I was not disappointed.

The concept is simple. It's the school camping trip to Camp Everfree, run by sister/brother duo Gloriosa Daisy and Timber Spruce. The complications? Filthy Rich is set to take over the property because they've fallen behind on payments, and Twilight, who is still completely spooked by turning into Midnight Sparkle in the last movie, is now exhibiting signs of new levitation magic, and that magic is scaring her. On top of all that, strange things are occurring and Twilight is worried it's all Midnight Sparkle's fault. Finally, there is a new romance for her and Timber while Flash Sentry tries to come to terms with how he feels about his own absent Twilight.

This is probably the most beautiful of the EG movies so far. There are some really stunning scenes and set pieces, as well as new clothes and pony-up forms for the Mane Seven. The actress who voices Gloriosa, Enid-Raye Adams, did a great Minnesota style voice for her. She also displayed some real range later in the movie as the voice of Gaia Everfree, the villain of the movie. Gloriosa's singing voice, Kelly Metzger (also the voice of Spitfire) got a great song in We Will Stand For Everfree. In fact the music for this movie is some of the best yet. Rebecca Shoichet got two terrific songs. The first was The Midnight in Me as Twilight, and the second was Embrace the Magic as Sunset Shimmer. My only complaint is that The Midnight in Me was way too short at only 1:33. Even the soundtrack doesn't have a longer version. Just like the much longer What More Is Out There from Friendship Games, this song comes early in the movie and sets up Twilight's main dilemma. The song is utterly gorgeous but spends no time developing the song, Just going from point to point and then it's over. It really could have benefited from an extra verse or two.

One thing I think is fascinating about the development of the EG movies is how it's become its own stand-alone world. In the first movie, pony Twilight is in the entire movie. The EG world isn't even introduced until the second act. In the second movie, she's in the last two-thirds of the movie with only one scene in Equestria. In the third movie, she only appears in a cameo in the after-credits sequence with Equestria only seen through rips in reality caused by Midnight Sparkle, and in this movie, neither she nor Equestria appear at all. Meanwhile human Twilight has the opposite evolution. Not in the first movie, appearing in a cameo in the after-credits sequence in the second movie, most of the third movie and all of the fourth movie. The transition is complete, and EG now stands on its own.

I watched both of them
I don't know if I liked it or not, the story was ok I guess.

Edit: Actually it wasn't Fleetfoot, her name is Screw Loose.

I did like the Derpy appearance though. :)

Don't have much to say but the finale was fantastic and really we'll done. :)

Have a Trixie booping Twilight gif :3
boop.gif
I'm more excited for next week's episode than than I was for the finale if the description is real for it is that is.

Last edited:
I watched both of them

Poor Fleet. :(
View attachment 593903
I did like the Derpy appearance though. :)

Don't have much to say but the finale was fantastic and really we'll done. :)

Have a Trixie booping Twilight gif :3
View attachment 593904
I'm more excited for next week's episode than than I was for the finale if the description is real for it is that is.
RD is in it i see.

S06E23: Where the Apple Pineapple Pen

I watched today's episode. I think this is going to be one I enjoy better in hindsight, after I get a chance to see all the little Easter eggs they threw in there.
I never even noticed the twins from the Shining the first time through. Or Derpy's eyes in bandages. That's why I'm glad I buy the season on iTunes so I can download them and watch in depth at my leisure.

RD is in it i see.
I think it was called Top Bolt and it said something like Twilight and Dash go to the Wonderbolts for friendship problems.

Also I've started learning some digital art, learning to do some vectors at the moment.

Last edited:
S06 E24: Top Gun
@Casey best pony is here

1269520__safe_rainbow+dash_screencap_wonderbolts_top+bolt_spoiler-colon-s06e24_sky+stinger_vapor+trail.jpeg

1269537__safe_rainbow+dash_screencap_out+of+context_top+bolt_spoiler-colon-s06e24_vapor+trail_sky+stinger.jpeg

1269568__safe_rainbow+dash_screencap_soarin%27_spitfire_wonderbolts_fleetfoot_misty+fly_blaze_silver+lining.png

1269535__safe_rainbow+dash_screencap_top+bolt_spoiler-colon-s06e24_vapor+trail.jpeg
We'll see if I can post weekly drawings in the future. But for now i'll probably go back when the finale is aired n US.

I maybe be a bit biased but I did love this episode, the writing and everything was great imo.

The few Twilight expressions may have just been the best thing about this episode.
hj.png

ddtt.png

Spitfire is also in it with some speaking parts so more points from me. :D
Screenshot_2016-10-10-05-05-38.png

Hit that baby one more time.....

S06E25/26: To Where Background Again
1278916.jpeg

1278922.jpeg

1278908.jpeg

AAAAAAND Thats all folks. Been a wild ride.

Will this be my last MLP post? I dont know. Maybe?

We had a season finale and there wasn't a single song? That's just not right.
Especially since we had Chryssie who did such a spectacular job with "This Day Aria (Reprise)". And we know both Starlight Glimmer and Trixie can sing very well.
It just seems like wasted opportunity.

We had a season finale and there wasn't a single song? That's just not right.
Especially since we had Chryssie who did such a spectacular job with "This Day Aria (Reprise)". And we know both Starlight Glimmer and Trixie can sing very well.
It just seems like wasted opportunity.
I miss the reverb effect on Chrysalis voice too, to be honest.

When Prince died, I was listening to Raspberry Beret, and the lyric "She wore a raspberry beret, and when it was warm she wouldn't wear much more" got me thinking that Rarity would look fabulous in a raspberry beret. And Spike is purple, so he would be perfect as Prince. As soon as I thought of it, I realized I had to commission the image. There was only one person for the job: Pia-sama. I'm a big fan of her pony artwork. I support her on Patreon. And she's a huge Sparity shipper. I asked, she agreed, and money exchanged hands. Now, several months later, she's finished the image. The only things I specified were anthro, a meadow for the background, and a sundress to go with the beret. She exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I was reading the latest issue of Patsy Walker A.K.A. Hellcat! from Marvel comics and noticed this fan letter in the back of the book (issue 13):

It's a fan letter from Katrina Hadley, one of the artists on MLP. She's done a lot of storyboarding, and she also did those awesome sketches in the ending credits of Rainbow Rocks. It's just fun to discover she's a fan of Hellcat, just like me. Also, if you're a comic fan and your NOT reading Hellcat, why the hell not?

Weird how after a long while of not posting here(just being caught up in so many things), only now this thread sends me a alert :odd:

Anyhow, hey all. Been a while.

Back