The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,755,921 views
I keep telling you guys, she's going to get a pet Scootaloo.

You know, my uncle actually owns about 3 dozen Scootaloo's, plus 8 Emus.... I'm serious by the way.


83611%20-%20HasbrOC%20Hasbro%20applejack%20blind_bag%20cards%20comparison%20cowboys_and_equestrians%20mad%20maplejack%20meta%20pepperdance.jpg

Those similarities! All Pepper needs is a hat and a little CM alteration.




Also, Voodoopony Trip-Hop isn't that bad really:






I also know what Molestia's been up to for the past day or so, and I'm not okay with it.
 
That epic Trixie drawing Grave made last night wasn't used as the header image for DF #242 sadly, but at least it got featured (which wasn't surprising at all).



Also, I saw this on ponibooru last night:
83361%20-%20I_really_like_her_mane%20artist%3Araikoh14%20celestia%20glow%20glow-in-the-dark%20i_like_her_mane.jpg


I'll just go ahead and say it; I really like her mane.
 
Last edited:
So, after achieving lv. 25 on survival mode (MW3) I just realized that I was having real strategic fun, that German-shopping mall map with the chemical gas attacks is quite difficult but darn fun.

And YES!, I completed the Submarine spec-ops mission on veteran.



Now into pony agenda:
Considering Rocket to Insanity and that other, much more recent one both got featured, I don't.

According to what I've heard, Seth has blind consideration when it comes to Cupcakes related things after March/April, even if well written they are not admissible(as far as I heard).

Twilight and Luna both basically act as Mr. Expositions, yes, but I'm curious why you felt that way about Rarity. I thought her role in the two stories was quite good, A Precious Rainbow in particular; having her drop everything and call in as many favours as she could to help the best way she can.

Rarity work under the basis of being the element of "generosity", but I'm not really sure if she follows the correct speech and attitude at times, yes she follows what we seen in "Suited For Success" but I don't think such situation opens for that kind of intrusion on Rarity's behalf, I can see her more as a booster for the relationship between AJ/RD, in that sense it work best and with the right speech it could complement better its role in the story.

I think the problem with the memorial is that Dash dropped the subject quite abruptly. She was clearly shattered emotionally even before Luna reported her findings and drove Rainbow even deeper into depression, and I don't think it made sense for her to let it go as easily/readily as she ended up doing. Gummy acted sort of as a Deus Ex Machina to snap Rainbow out of her funk, and I don't think he should have been utilized that way.:
Dash was torn up pretty badly about both whether she was to blame for all of it and whether Pinkie deserved to be demonized, and for her to drop the issue so quickly after she was tasked with caring for Gummy just seemed... dumb.

It really is my biggest problem with the story.

Not dumb but lacking, the problem as I pointed out before is the Monument which should not be the centre of RD's PTSD because it merely works as a resemblance of the tragedy, rather than the character behind it(Pinkie Pie). However I sort of understand a reasoning trend to give Gummy the value of "mental healing" plot device, which was a more plausible under the basis of using him as a flashback-resemblance of Pinkie, in that way (then adding the monument issue) the story works much better.


I thought that one was quite interesting. I... I really don't know what to make of it.

On the one hand, I do think that it is a logical evolution of all the crap that happened between them and that it flows naturally from that. Maybe not the most appropriate train of events, but I do think that it makes sense from the emotional/psychological point of view.
On the other hand, I have to seriously question the author's attempt to shoehorn the subplot into the backstory of Cupcakes/A Precious Rainbow, because I don't think it was necessary or that it works; and it also dilutes Rainbow and AJ's "feelings" for each other by turning it into another "they loved each other all along" story. Ordinarily I don't have any problem with that (because AppleDash), but I think the story would have been far stronger without the retcon because it torpedoes a lot of character development for no real reason.



As far as the sorta-cloppiness goes... I don't know what to think. I really don't. I can see why the author did it (as a sort of interpersonal trust yardstick between the two), and it makes Rainbow's nightmare about Pinkie right after much more poignant than it would have been otherwise; but I'm having difficulty wrapping my mind around the concept that such a thing could be of tangible benefit to the story and not just clop material. I don't think it was the latter, but I feel like I have to justify to myself why it wasn't.

Well some of the tangential stories are a bit off but keep the continuity, I see soft-clop/hard-ship chapter more like fan service with continuity attached to it, which works but is a bit "overdone" (with the whole nightmare/AppleJack being selfish bits).

I'm more intrigued about the diary(cant remember the name) chapter/story which was by far more off, it followed the continuity but the amounts of grimdark were not necessary (I'm aware that this chapter links directly this story with Cupcakes, but the story itself became useless to the continuity because it doesn't add anything at all to the rest of the stories/chapters).

83361%20-%20I_really_like_her_mane%20artist%3Araikoh14%20celestia%20glow%20glow-in-the-dark%20i_like_her_mane.jpg


I'll just go ahead and say it; I really like he mane.

Evil expression is more appealing, I can feel her planing/trolling.



Also:

83566%20-%20Paradise%20artist%3Abriskby%20berry_punch%20sisters.png


My chest!



(*Goes back to Beatles Abbey Road*)
 
Last edited:
So, after achieving lv. 25 on survival mode (MW3) I just realized that I was having real strategic fun, that German-shipping mall map with the chemical gas attacks is quite difficult but darn fun.

And YES!, I completed the Submarine spec-ops mission on veteran.

I got to Lv 26 on Dome survival. I straight knifed for 7 levels.

My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-my-little-fortress.jpg
 
Skywind again? And that a nitro buggy?

Nope, It's a (Brushed - but not for long) Electric Short Course. 1/10th. ECX Toment, basically like a Traxxas Slash, only less expensive.

and no, not skywind. Rainbow Dash shipped with some OC named "Sprite." Didn't bother to read the whole comic.
 
Hot Fuzz is starting on bronystate.net for anyone that wanted to catch it.
 
For some reason, I still haven't gotten around to watching the first season again. Oh well, I'll get to it.
c7d21e0e036d296fbf4b2f9990c4e5a9
 
Wiegert
That epic Trixie drawing Grave made last night wasn't used as the header image for DF #242 sadly, but at least it got featured (which wasn't surprising at all).

Probably would have made it if it weren't veteran's day.

*continues freezing ass off*
 
Well, Mint, if I could send this space heater I have over the internet, I would, but I can't exactly do that.
 
Turn the PS3 on. That'll heat the room up. Especially if it's a Phat model.
 
I warm my room up by keeping the computer on and playing GT5 with a wheel on a CRT TV.
All of those get hot/warm after a while.
 
A CECHA PS3 is a space heater. Close the door in my bedroom, and after a couple hours the room is at least 10 degrees warmer.


Nope, It's a (Brushed - but not for long) Electric Short Course. 1/10th. ECX Toment, basically like a Traxxas Slash, only less expensive.

I think my dad has a Traxxas Slash his brother bought him, though the only one he actually messes around with these days is his old Nitro Hawk.

Me? I play with the Rad2.





*goes back to fan fic overanalyzation post*
 
Last edited:
Ha. My Vizio TV dumps heat like a monster. That's not a problem.

my problem is that I'm not at home. Or in any kind of room. Also, because of the lights are drowning out the stars the sky looks about how I'd imagine it did in TNTNE.

Luckily enough theres not many people shoppung at 8:30, so I can sit around waiting for things to happen.
 
Only gets 20% cooler when I open the windows and shut the door during the winter for intense B-Speccing.

You play GT5? Damn, I need a PS3 now! But I've had some B-Spec tiredizers myself. Anyways it would be 14% cooler to get a better mark than 86% on my most recent art project in high school.
 
Why, I'll have you know that I am one of the most popular members in the GT5 forum.

59885%252520-%252520absurd_res%252520applejack%252520artist%252520sileresp%252520liarjack%252520vector.png






















Anyway:

83683%20-%20artist%3Aashesg%20gilda%20prince_blueblood.jpg


I... wait. What?
 
I'm getting more and more interested in these drawings:

rarity___mane_down_by_ambris-d4frl54.png


They are simple but very detailed and well design, I just love them.



(*Goes back to Drawfriends*)
 
So I came up with a name for my OC.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with J, ends with K and is 2 words. It's also not even kind of original, but still good.

What he looks like for those of you who haven't seen him:
coast_guard_pony_by_mintbronycrunch-d498dp3.png




Also, new:
carrot_top_love_face_by_whifi-d4fuwxj.png


Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a few hours of Skyrim to make up for.


Oh, and tomorrow, if anyone else is going to be in the stream again, I'll be there. I won't be catching the new ponies until around 1:30 though. Because for some reason, as I predicted, I would have to go to work right as the episode starts.:irked:
 
Last edited:
So I came up with a name for my OC.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with J, ends with K and is 2 words. It's also not even kind of original, but still good.

I feel should know this, but the only name that I can think of right now going by the clues you've given is Jeff Beck, and I know that isn't right :lol:



Also, why does Carrot Top get the love face treatment before Octavia or Vinyl?




83698%20-%20Incidental_Unicorn_2%20Lyra%20comic%20hands%20twilight_sparkle.jpg


You know, I think Lyra might really like hands.
 
tumblr_lllpgoouZ51qincmao1_500.jpg


ARGH MS Paint sucks!
images


Don't know if this was posted here but
garden_party_by_pumpkinhiphop-d4dasf0.png
 
Last edited:
Unit, you can't do that. You're going to kill someone.

Allow me to reactionize that text.


I shouldn't like that image. I don't know what it is implying exactly, but I do know it isn't anything good. And yet... new desktop background.
 
Ask Maplejack just got a whole :censored:load weirder.


Which, considering it took an alien parody Pony and gave her a backstory not too dissimilar from the first Back to the Future film (only with lesbian ponies instead of Crispin Glover and Lea Thompson), is saying something.



Also:
83713%20-%20big_mac%20big_macintosh%20robot.png
 
Back