The Threat From China - Real or Not?

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 278 comments
If they only photo they have is one where a 2D image has been laid over a heightmap as evidence that the dam is "shifting" then I'm not inclined to believe it.

That said, we do already know that private construction companies in China build to miserable quality standards. The ADV China channel on Youtube has explored some of these areas, where massive apartment buildings were built quickly, sold, and stood empty for years but are crumbling before anybody even moves into them.
You may be right. I hope so. A collapse could lead to a cascading series of events over weeks, months and years that would affect regions far beyond China. However, there are several photos from different vantages that I've seen, and the Chinese authorities on site have admitted some movement, distortion and seepage, but say it's nothing to worry about. I will take that as gospel until proven otherwise.

Could you explain what "brushing" means, please, as I'm not familiar with the terminology. I know the murder hornets were imported as "medicine". Anyone know what happened to those, by the way?

Retailers on sites like Alibaba or Amazon buy blocks of names and addresses to place orders through their store. They then take those orders and use them to generate fake reviews of a product using your name. Since many online retailers require something gets shipped, these places will just grab anything and throw it in an envelope and send it on its way. I haven't seen seeds come before though. It's typically something like a single LED or a tiny fuse.

It's kind of surprising they'd even try it with seeds in the first place. Agricultural products seem to be at a higher risk to get confiscated.

As for the Murder Hornets, it sounds like we managed to contain them. However, people are reporting seeing them again, but it's probably an Eastern Cicada Killer and not one of the hornets. They do look similar though.

These sources - possibly unreliable - assert a case that China is weaponizing water, using new dams to control river water going into surrounding countries.

Last edited:
China accuses U.S. of "naked act of provocation," test fires "aircraft carrier-killer" missile

Or, for another perspective, you can see Al Jazeera:

China fires 'aircraft-carrier killer' missile in warning to US

I can't see much coming of this since it seems more like a willy wagging contest than anything. But still, we're inching closer to some sort of war with China.

Also, I honestly didn't know the US still used the U-2 for military purposes. I thought they were all science-based now. I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it.

What China is doing in the South China sea is going to make conflict inivitable at some point.

It's the busiest trade route in the world and it's constantly harrassing trade cargo, it's claimed sea Territory is disputed by every part of the globe and deemed illegal by the UN, all whilst constantly flying into neighbouring countries airspace with military jets trying to test what it can get away with.

It's uncharted territory what this could lead to, how do you attack a country that has nukes?

It's uncharted territory what this could lead to, how do you attack a country that has nukes?

IMHO, there will be no nuclear war scenario, you can somewhat rest assured of that. There will be a nuclear "conflict", but indirectly.

IMHO, the way to attack China is through regime change. Time-tested methods of sanctions combined with cutting it off from food and energy will bring about an internal collapse of belief and confidence in the CCP. The party will implode. Oligarchs and capitalists remain in their seats.

Back