The Threat From China - Real or Not?

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 278 comments
The CPC is not to be trusted. Wouldn’t be surprised if they released this virus on purpose.
I and any knowledgeable person can instantly agree the CCP - the Chinese Communist Party - is not to be trusted.

However, to contemplate a motivation or intent to initiate this horrific global catastrophe takes us to a dark place in the human mind and soul.

On the other hand, I take it as an accepted fact that hundreds of virus infected bats were being kept in a medium security research facility less than 300 meters from the Wuhan exotic animal market. It is quite conceivable that some kind of accidental release took place and the CCP tried to hush it up until they couldn't.

I and any knowledgeable person can instantly agree the CCP - the Chinese Communist Party - is not to be trusted.

However, to contemplate a motivation or intent to initiate this horrific global catastrophe takes us to a dark place in the human mind and soul.

On the other hand, I take it as an accepted fact that hundreds of virus infected bats were being kept in a medium security research facility less than 300 meters from the Wuhan exotic animal market. It is quite conceivable that some kind of accidental release took place and the CCP tried to hush it up until they couldn't.

I think they would do anything to gain more power. This is the same political party that massacres their own people when they protest, censors everything that isn't pro-Government, and gives you a social credit score. It really is a dystopian **** hole.

BlackBerry uncovers China-backed hacking campaign

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/blackberry-uncovers-china-backed-hacking-campaign-1.4886987

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. says its researchers have uncovered how China-backed hackers have been able to extract data from many of the world's servers for a decade -- largely without being noticed by cyber security.

It says the tactics give the hackers the ability to extract information from huge amounts of valuable data from computers using the Linux operating system, which is used on most of the world's web servers and cloud servers.

Meanwhile Huawei is trying to butter us up by donating masks so they can build our 5G network.

Last edited:
BlackBerry uncovers China-backed hacking campaign

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/blackberry-uncovers-china-backed-hacking-campaign-1.4886987

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. says its researchers have uncovered how China-backed hackers have been able to extract data from many of the world's servers for a decade -- largely without being noticed by cyber security.

It says the tactics give the hackers the ability to extract information from huge amounts of valuable data from computers using the Linux operating system, which is used on most of the world's web servers and cloud servers.

Meanwhile Huawei is trying to butter us up by donating masks so they can build our 5G network.

They're called winnit?

They already banned Animal Crossing. Now they are banning their own people from playing online games and chatting wiht people outside of China.

https://www.talkesport.com/news/china-to-ban-online-gaming-chatting-with-foreigners/

The new strict laws from the CCP will see the banning of plagues and zombies, things like map editing, role-playing, and even organizing a union in a game. The following things have been banned in the game:

• Plagues
• Zombies
• Map Editing
• Role Playing
• Organization/Clan/Union

The following commands/laws have been enforced by the CCP on gaming:

Online gaming: Bans the gamers from China from playing with other gamers on servers across the globe.

Surveillance: The Chinese government will be keeping an eye on ALL single-player online games.

Gaming curfew: The CCP has also enforced a strict law that leads to a gaming curfew for those under 18 years of age that prevents them from gaming after 10PM. The amount of money you can spend inside of the game has also been limited.

They already banned Animal Crossing. Now they are banning their own people from playing online games and chatting wiht people outside of China.

https://www.talkesport.com/news/china-to-ban-online-gaming-chatting-with-foreigners/

The new strict laws from the CCP will see the banning of plagues and zombies, things like map editing, role-playing, and even organizing a union in a game. The following things have been banned in the game:

• Plagues
• Zombies
• Map Editing
• Role Playing
• Organization/Clan/Union

The following commands/laws have been enforced by the CCP on gaming:

Online gaming: Bans the gamers from China from playing with other gamers on servers across the globe.

Surveillance: The Chinese government will be keeping an eye on ALL single-player online games.

Gaming curfew: The CCP has also enforced a strict law that leads to a gaming curfew for those under 18 years of age that prevents them from gaming after 10PM. The amount of money you can spend inside of the game has also been limited.
I, for one, applaud this blanket ban on Fortnite: Battle Royale

/s

I got to ask, they didn't highlight which games were being banned? I assume it was just only Animal Crossing?

The article wasn't particularly clear on that bit.

I'm aware that this is a problem that exists on both sides, but apparently China decided to criticise the US' halt of funding to WHO, merely months after it said that it will never interfere in other countries' internal affairs.
A direct and complete translation of the article above
US' Funding Halt to WHO is Typical Threatening and Fraud, says Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing, Geng Shuang, said that regarding the US' recent attacks on the WHO, China has already made clear its stance that the US government's capitalizing on its status as the Organization's single largest funder, and beliefs that the WHO should be obeying its commands, is the stereotypical mentality of a world hegemony. The WHO has been insistent on being objective and fair, and has refused to ingratiate the American government, and the US government's halting of funding due to that is typical threatening and fraud. The US' attacks and smearing of WHO have no factual basis, and its pressurizing and threats won't win any favours from the people.

He also added that the online fundraising concert organised by the WHO for medical workers over the last weekend has garnered tremendous attention, which reflects the mainstream opinion of the international community, and that the Chinese government hopes that some parties in the US can watch the concert to feel the support for the WHO and call for cooperation from all sides, and not stand on the opposing side to the international community.

I mean, it's barely half a year ago that China says this:
“China doesn’t interfere in other countries’ internal affairs. We develop friendly cooperation with Australia and other countries based on mutual respect, equality and mutual benefit. We have not interfered and are never interested in interfering in other countries’ domestic affairs.”

Add the fact that China has been saying no finger-wagging from other countries since the Hong Kong protests last year to this, and the irony is almost palpable.

I don't remember seeing such a quick violation of its own words being done so blatantly by another regime.

(Edit: I forgot to add this, but feel free to tell me if this practice of posting a link in another language and then offering a complete translation is unacceptable, mods.)

China make 90% of our antibiotics and a huge chunk of our medical equipment. Do they enjoy a strategic advantage unlikely to change anytime soon?

Overwhelming Majority Say Time To ‘Decouple’ From China

If there is one thing to come out of this pandemic, it is the fact that Americans believe the U.S. relationship with China has to change. Support for this runs across party lines and education levels.

The golden days of China as the go-to manufacturing hub for American companies is becoming a bygone era. At leasts that is what more than 70% of survey respondents say they want in a world post-pandemic.

Survey firm McLaughlin & Associates released their poll of American attitudes towards China on April 22 and it showed that 75% felt that the U.S. should end its dependence on China for medical imports, including things like N95 respirators and even ibuprofen, two markets China dominates.

That opinion holds across party lines with 62% of Democrats saying we need to end some or all dependence on China for medical equipment; 80% of Independents and 85% of Republicans.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...say-time-to-decouple-from-china/#5f29059277a2

I'm good with that as long as companies make the decision to move their manufacturing under pressure from the consumer rather than the government mandating it. I do think we need to move the supply chain, but when you get someone like Trump acting all Communist and wanting to control how the country produces things, it gets a bit too Soviet Russia for me.

The relation between the US and China has substantially changed in just a few months. It is deteriorating, and clearly headed for increased chance of military conflict in the South China Sea.

Beijing says US is pushing China to 'brink of a new Cold War'

Good.

I don't fully approve of Trump's handling of putting the screws to China, but I think enough Americans and enough American businesses now are seeing that China isn't the ideal place to manufacture goods. If it takes a cold war to cut ourselves off from China, then so be it I guess. At least a cold war is better than a hot war since it's more or less a willy wagging contest.

Also, I don't think we need to bring all manufacturing back to America. It should be totally up to the company where they set up shop at. There are plenty of other places around the globe where we could get reasonably priced manufacturing done, notably other Southeast Asian countries, India, or Africa.

@Joey D should be called "a dick swinging contest"

What will happen is that HK will be taken by force.

Maybe within 5 years, Taiwan will be taken by force as China has just removed the "peaceful" part of reunifying with China and Taiwan.

That's a MASSIVE statement to make to the world.

Man, going to be an interesting place to watch for the time being.

One thing to remind yourself is that, China is pushing the US dominance over the world, which it has already done that with some Middle East bases (apparently) and wants to expand it economic and miltary power there too.

Which makes a lot of sense, even though it disappoints me as I never liked having US miltary in my country or being told to have my countries details to go to the US.

The fall harvest is said to be threatened to the tune of 50% by worsening floods in China. IMHO, any threat from China will be reduced until the problems of food, agriculture and hydroelectricity are resolved.

Edit: Whoops, I may have to walk back this thought. It turns out there are 16 nuclear plants downstream of Three Gorges Dam.

All over the US, reports are coming in of strange packets of seeds from China appearing otherwise anonymously in the mails. Talking heads on TV say to double bag these seeds and put them in the trash.

Last edited:
All over the US, reports are coming in of strange packets of seeds from China appearing otherwise anonymously in the mails. Talking heads on TV say to double bag these seeds and put them in the trash.

It's very likely a brushing attempt since seeds are easy to get and cheap to ship. I really don't know how these aren't being caught in customs when they're imported. It looks like they're coming through the mail and there's a pretty good system of screening that sort of stuff.

It's very likely a brushing attempt since seeds are easy to get and cheap to ship.
Could you explain what "brushing" means, please, as I'm not familiar with the terminology. I know the murder hornets were imported as "medicine". Anyone know what happened to those, by the way?

Could you explain what "brushing" means, please, as I'm not familiar with the terminology. I know the murder hornets were imported as "medicine". Anyone know what happened to those, by the way?
The "murder hornets" were identified very early on an island in the Salish Sea. They did make it to the mainland, but diligent efforts by citizens and state agents seem to have controlled the outbreak pretty well so far.

The fall harvest is said to be threatened to the tune of 50% by worsening floods in China. IMHO, any threat from China will be reduced until the problems of food, agriculture and hydroelectricity are resolved.

Edit: Whoops, I may have to walk back this thought. It turns out there are 16 nuclear plants downstream of Three Gorges Dam.

If they only photo they have is one where a 2D image has been laid over a heightmap as evidence that the dam is "shifting" then I'm not inclined to believe it.

That said, we do already know that private construction companies in China build to miserable quality standards. The ADV China channel on Youtube has explored some of these areas, where massive apartment buildings were built quickly, sold, and stood empty for years but are crumbling before anybody even moves into them.

The "murder hornets" were identified very early on an island in the Salish Sea. They did make it to the mainland, but diligent efforts by citizens and state agents seem to have controlled the outbreak pretty well so far.
How many people in the US did they end up murdering so far?

Back