The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

it just doesn't bother me personally theres more important things to life than playing games people just get their hopes up to much and gets disappointed when things don't happen the way they want
Have I said that GT6 must be a game where you must have no life to be able to play it? No, I didn't. You can paly games as a once a week thing and I'm pretty sure it would get on your nerves if the game was full of bugs that would stop you from playing it. And people only get their ope's up due to these cyrptic insiders and announcements that people within SONY and PD make but don't deliver on, like for instance the monthly DLC.

Last edited:
What is the point of yet another speculation thread?
It just gets people hyped and will result it whining and complaining when the updat is not released today.

The only announcement Pd ever made was that the FT-1 VGT will be released in September.
So they still have two more weeks to do so.

So you'd be fine if say we don't get an update till next year and there are a whole heap of bugs in the game that pretty much stop you from playing the game??
Dude! PD already says September, atleast they announce something. Dont treat any speculation other than PD very seriously. Remember when there are speculation that Merc A45 AMG and the other one will be festured in GT6?

Dude! PD already says September, atleast they announce something. Dont treat any speculation other than PD very seriously. Remember when there are speculation that Merc A45 AMG and the other one will be festured in GT6?
That wasn't speculation, it was confirmed by Mercedes and Polyphony, but for one reason or another they never made it happen.

That wasn't speculation, it was confirmed by Mercedes and Polyphony, but for one reason or another they never made it happen.
The thing is, When that in reality didnt come, how on earth can you trust these devs on a launch date purely by speculation?!

I was giving an example to really see if he is fine with not getting any updates. I wouldn't be able to play GT6 if we didn't get monthly updates. I love them! Especially all the undocumented changes that keeps us guessing until the next batch arrives!

When there is no update today, as always.

bttf-train-crash-o.gif

Guys, we should calm down at least until there won't be announced a maintenance
As I've said, not all updates come with their own maintenance. I think most the GT6 updates have come without a maintenance, most notably the biggest update yet, v1.10.
When there is no update today, as always.
bttf-train-crash-o.gif
One question, how did we not see that the track clearly is out. And where did the fireworks come from!?

But this is like waiting for nothing. Yes, it is not always maintenance = update (like the last time), but it is some kind of confirmation that "something is happening". This is just "someone said there'll be an update, jump on the hype train!"

But this is like waiting for nothing. Yes, it is not always maintenance = update (like the last time), but it is some kind of confirmation that "something is happening". This is just "someone said there'll be an update, jump on the hype train!"
But, again, not all maintenance's end in updates. So that would be even worse. Remember the backlash on PD after nothing happened as a result of the infamous Double Maintenance??

As @Zlork said theres a big games show coming up this week in Tokyo,seems to me it would make sense for PD to release the September update(if its as big as speculated-new track,quick match etc) when the eyes of the gaming world are on Japan.
Just a thought,carry on...

As @Zlork said theres a big games show coming up this week in Tokyo,seems to me it would make sense for PD to release the September update(if its as big as speculated-new track,quick match etc) when the eyes of the gaming world are on Japan.
Just a thought,carry on...
A good thought but, from memory, there has never been an update for GT6 directly following any game show, including E3, arguably the biggest game show of the year.

But, again, not all maintenance's end in updates. So that would be even worse. Remember the backlash on PD after nothing happened as a result of the infamous Double Maintenance??

We will see, this week is TGS, maybe PD will made an announcement there, cause this looks like pretty damn big update for now, so it is good opportunity to maybe launch new trailer with release date there.

Ermm... guys you's are getting excited too early...
MasterGT said this; "The estimated release time is targeted for late Monday evening, Eastern."

So no update until some 15hrs, if he is to be believed.

We will see, this week is TGS, maybe PD will made an announcement there, cause this looks like pretty damn big update for now, so it is good opportunity to maybe launch new trailer with release date there.
If they were to do anything, it wouldn't be for GT6, it would be for GT7. Getting hype around that along with more details about the game.

I was giving an example to really see if he is fine with not getting any updates. I wouldn't be able to play GT6 if we didn't get monthly updates. I love them! Especially all the undocumented changes that keeps us guessing until the next batch arrives!
Chill. Maybe PD skips August to work something big, like course maker. It would be continued starting thus month.

If they were to do anything, it wouldn't be for GT6, it would be for GT7. Getting hype around that along with more details about the game.

I'm almost sure that they won't say anything about GT7 until next year - E3 or early 2015, like it was with GT6. But this wasn't very good for sales, cause we all know that GT6 isn't selling that well as GT5. And that is because GT5 was announced too early and for the long time - 4 years? was made much bigger promo for GT5 than GT6.

The September 15 is a public Holiday in Japan so nobody is working today

heh, we have holiday in Slovakia too today :D

Chill. Maybe PD skips August to work something big, like course maker. It would be continued starting thus month.
What? I haven't said PD owes us anything? I haven't even 'hated' on PD in this thread, nor have I ever. So I have no clue what is happening and why you are telling me to chill.

Hello, I'm new here but I've been reading this forum for a while, it's always fun to read you guys.

Now, how about the track editor? I know that it was in Beta a few weeks ago, (Kaz said it, it was on an article on GTPlanet) so can we expect by the end of the month to be in 1.12? I really think we should expect it, SOON. :)

Like I said before, nothing official on the news site about the certainty of this has been posted. I really think this is a bit premature. You guys are going to create hype for nothing official and then setting yourselves up for possible disappointment if this doesn't happen. Whining will surely follow if this doesn't pan out as speculated. Not trying to be negative here, just being realistic. :)
My favourite part is when it's Sony/PD/Kazunori's fault when a speculated update doesn't arrive. Luckily, we had that covered in post 1...
Will Kaz troll us again?

Whenever the hell it comes, it come.
This is all that needs to said.

People coming up with potential solar flare issues and going to the trouble to host Japanese National Holidays images need to take a step back. No disrespect to these members but I have never seen a studio have every little thing it does so forensically examined. I know PD does itself no favours with it's history of time management but this is ridiculous.

Well, if @MasterGT is to be believed, v1.12 will occur sometime between 12:00PM - 3:00PM Japan Time. This is when most updates occur and in the Eastern Time Zone (America) this time is usually at midnight, which based off the timeframe given, is 'late Monday'. There you go, if history repeats itself, that's what happens. No more speculating on the time please, I don't think the forum readers can take any more of it. Honestly, I couldn't give two hoots to when it comes, as long as it comes by the end of September so I can enjoy all the content in my two week holiday.

This is all that needs to said.

People coming up with potential solar flare issues and going to the trouble to host Japanese National Holidays images need to take a step back. No disrespect to these members but I have never seen a studio have every little thing it does so forensically examined. I know PD does itself no favours with it's history of time management but this is ridiculous.
👍 👍 Cannot agree more! Last week that was me, (the overly excited member) but this week, I couldn't care less, for reasons I said above.

Well this isn't the only course that PD hasn't announced, when PD announced the Goodwood Hillclimb was coming to GT6, Kaz also said that they will also include the Goodwood rally stage and they still did not mention the rally track either.

I have a question about the FT-1 graphite. In the announcement inside the game it stated that it will be released on october. Why do you assume that it will be in 1.12?

Back