The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

My favourite part is when it's Sony/PD/Kazunori's fault when a speculated update doesn't arrive. Luckily, we had that covered in post 1...
It is their fault, though, that they haven't yet released an update

It is their fault, though, that they haven't yet released an update
... that they haven't yet said they will release.

It's not my fault that I don't meet a deadline I didn't set on something I didn't say I'd do. If it were the case that it is, we'd be as well to blame you for v1.12 not being out on Thursday last.

... that they haven't yet said they will release.

........ Which should have been released months ago (zahara)

Poor choices shouldn't be blindly defended.

I agree that the speculation is the persons fault, not the company, but I can't side with the company either because their bad choices in the past have made the fans how they are now.

Last edited:
Which should have been released months ago (zahara)
Well, I'm sure your knowledge of Sony/PD release schedules and update content exceeds mine.

Zahara is in v1.12 is it? We'll get right on putting that onto the news page...
Poor choices shouldn't be blindly defended.
*looks about*

Nope. Can't see where I did that. What I said was that since no release date for v1.12 has been announced, it is not Sony/PD/Kazunori's fault when it doesn't arrive on a day that people have independently speculated. If you think differently, please explain why.

I thought this forum had multiple Japanese speakers who agreed they heard niconico broadcast it was stated to be coming this week, or was it last week now.
Well, apparently something to do with SCEI regions not giving the update the all-clear has caused the update to be delayed. But that is just a rumour, and honestly, at this point in time with so many 'insiders', I don't trust a word that comes from anyone elses mouth regarding updates other than PD or SONY.

This looks pretty promising, cause this wasn't on the front page few hours ago
It is the same maintenace notification, including the date, that was used on launch day to notify people of when the weekly scheduled maintenance is. No reason why it is related to any possible upcoming update.

It is the same maintenace notification, including the date, that was used on launch day to notify people of when the weekly scheduled maintenance is. No reason why it is related to any possible upcoming update.

All to due with the message of 1.12 maybe coming late Monday evening - in which time zones are correct, could mean a regular time in Japan for PD to release said update. Also is ironic if it turns out correct.

And personally, I haven't seen that notification for a while now.

I'm hopelessly speculating, Zahara is like the bermuda triangle of GT6

I thought this forum had multiple Japanese speakers who agreed they heard niconico broadcast it was stated to be coming this week, or was it last week now.
Yes, that was on September 3rd.

We've been saying this over and over again since the build up to GT4... Unless it's an official announcement from Sony, it's speculation. Even if it comes from GTPlanet itself. It might be really well informed speculation (it usually is in our case), but it's speculation. Even "Kazunori said" in an interview is speculation

I can understand why people are disappointed in and angry about the game itself. I can understand why people get excited for a new update especially when it contains new features and content. I can understand the enthusiasm. I can even understand the hype train - but I can never understand the disappointment and fury directed towards Sony/PD/Kazunori from a release they haven't officially announced not arriving on a date people on a forum have made up or inferred (even if they've have had good reason to).

Say hello to half September.
Hello half September!

No update? Check.
People Complaining? Check.
Moderators defending PD? Check.

Why am I not surprised?
3749-i-see-what-you-did-there-no-text.png

Moderators defending PD? Check.
You're welcome to answer:
What I said was that since no release date for v1.12 has been announced, it is not Sony/PD/Kazunori's fault when it doesn't arrive on a day that people have independently speculated. If you think differently, please explain why.

Yes, that was on September 3rd.

We've been saying this over and over again since the build up to GT4... Unless it's an official announcement from Sony, it's speculation. Even if it comes from GTPlanet itself. It might be really well informed speculation (it usually is in our case), but it's speculation. Even "Kazunori said" in an interview is speculation

I can understand why people are disappointed in and angry about the game itself. I can understand why people get excited for a new update especially when it contains new features and content. I can understand the enthusiasm. I can even understand the hype train - but I can never understand the disappointment and fury directed towards Sony/PD/Kazunori from a release they haven't officially announced not arriving on a date people on a forum have made up or inferred (even if they've have had good reason to).
I think the disappointment and fury is because the game already has issues that are currently still unaddressed, and then that anger multiplies when updates aren't here yet. It's something that unavoidably happens.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The topic is update 1.12, not the whining and crying thread.
Wrong. This a "possible update" thread so my post is perfectly on topic.
Stuff is missing. It's half September. Some people once again put their faith on PD when buying GT6. Kaz promised stuff to come to a later update. This is the result.

Wrong. This a "Possible Update" thread so my post is perfectly on topic.
Stuff is missing. It's half September. Some people once again put their faith on PD when buying GT6. Kaz promised stuff to come to a later update. This is the result.
You sound bitter. We're discussing a possible update that may or may not be out tomorrow and you're bringing up the age old PD hate that's completely unwarranted for this topic and better suited for the Whining and Crying thread.

Back