The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

and I can confirm that Polyphony Digital is on the case regrading the sound issues you lot are having. i think there might be a hotfix in the works as soon as i type this

This is, for sure, the most bugged update so far......the sound probelm is not only in Zahara, i had it in multiple tracks, and sometimes the sound disappear in the middle of the race.

And i can't even watch my replays!

Oh look, there is another one:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8530454.html
Wow I know things happen but how do you not test this before release? Guess I'll be uninstalling some gauges...

Well, we do know there will be an upcoming update to fix all these bugs that we are having, most likely released in October. Will it contain any new content? Sure hope so, most likely won't.

It won't be a hotfix - most likely 1.13, brace for disappointment.

The need to fix the visuals. Tons of screen tear now.

Anyone still having trouble with getting gold on the final time rally needs to drive faster. I got it yesterday with a perfect lap and ended up with 1.4 million points. The NOS is good for getting by cars faster. Might be a false positive, but passing cars quicker means more cars to pass. At least with what I noticed in my attempts yesterday.

Well, we do know there will be an upcoming update to fix all these bugs that we are having, most likely released in October. Will it contain any new content? Sure hope so, most likely won't.

It won't be a hotfix - most likely 1.13, brace for disappointment.

I was thinking about that. Are they going to release an update with no content, only to fix the problems? Are they going to add some new content, just to give us something with the fixes?

Maybe it can be done with a hotfix, to add something new would take too much time.

Just finished the London seasonal. Is it my imagination, or are the spectators more detailed than before ?
Golded Zahara 1-2-3 too, no sound issues there (I never race with BGM), but I regularly had my screen freeze for -maybe- less than a second, which made me lose control a few times...
No problem watching the replays.

Is this just something to make the topic longer, or what is the point ?
Whatever you think it is. I don't mind. It's a slow sunday, nothing more (entertaining) to do in GT6, offline and online reward system still...unrewarding, 20 mil cars unreachable. Redbull event? Too hard, can't get that thing on track and win. Last week's Grand Valley Seasonal event? Done it dozens of times.
I was counting on multiplayer to get some credits: lobbies? Mh, no. Quickmatch? Mh, no. You get only 10.000 cr with the 200% bonus. Not to mention the well known matchmaking problems. I can get in a race of 3-4 players (!!) every 30 minutes, if I'm lucky.

If only Zahara's "mini-game" could give rewards more than once.....

Last edited:
Just finished the London seasonal. Is it my imagination, or are the spectators more detailed than before ?
Golded Zahara 1-2-3 too, no sound issues there (I never race with BGM), but I regularly had my screen freeze for -maybe- less than a second, which made me lose control a few times...
No problem watching the replays.

The spectators look the same to me, but i think the AI is faster.

The sounds issues are only found online, i think, and it affects the tires, engine, and wind noise.

Same goes for the replays, you will receive a warning if you try to watch a replay saved from a online lobby. The rest is good to watch.

This is an official facebook.

I think they will release a 1.13 patch for bugs as they did for 1.11 .
Official Social Network Page..until they promise something that doesn't get delivered and then it's, "Kaz didn't say it out of his own mouth so it wasn't a promise" :lol:

I'm still very happy with Circuito de la Sierra. I still have like hundreds of cars to drive there. It was a great update. :) it's the first time in this year that I'm not a bit frustrated waiting for some news.

I'll be tackling the Sierra rally events when I'm at 200% login bonus, so that'll be in a couple of days. Driving that track is great, I love the added gauges to the dash with the new update as well. I'm really enjoying it so far.

The hype has come and gone. Fifa 15 bought and limited edition of Project CARS pre-ordered.

.. and,

Whatever you think it is. I don't mind. It's a slow sunday, nothing more (entertaining) to do in GT6, offline and online reward system still...unrewarding, 20 mil cars unreachable. Redbull event? Too hard, can't get that thing on track and win. Last week's Grand Valley Seasonal event? Done it dozens of times.
I was counting on multiplayer to get some credits: lobbies? Mh, no. Quickmatch? Mh, no. You get only 10.000 cr with the 200% bonus. Not to mention the well known matchmaking problems. I can get in a race of 3-4 players (!!) every 30 minutes, if I'm lucky.

If only Zahara's "mini-game" could give rewards more than once.....

Okay, I never understand the logic of complaining about the 20mil cars... are those specific cars so important to you that it's a game breaker to not have them? You seem to be hanging an awful lot on not being to afford just a handful of cars out of the hundreds in the game...

... but you're happy to buy Project cars, which pretty much doesn't feature any of these cars either, and offers far less to choose from in the first place.

... and don't get me started on FIFA, a game that's economy is so corrupt it's able to generate its publisher over $380,000,0000 in microtransactions for one game mode alone??? Yeah, that must be a rewarding reward system.

I mean, I can't tell you that you should enjoy GT, but it sounds like you're rage-quitting the franchise and not being honest with yourself about the reasons.

.. and,

Okay, I never understand the logic of complaining about the 20mil cars... are those specific cars so important to you that it's a game breaker to not have them? You seem to be hanging an awful lot on not being to afford just a handful of cars out of the hundreds in the game...

... but you're happy to buy Project cars, which pretty much doesn't feature any of these cars either, and offers far less to choose from in the first place.

... and don't get me started on FIFA, a game that's economy is so corrupt it's able to generate its publisher over $380,000,0000 in microtransactions for one game mode alone??? Yeah, that must be a rewarding reward system.

I mean, I can't tell you that you should enjoy GT, but it sounds like you're rage-quitting the franchise and not being honest with yourself about the reasons.
I'm very honest about the reasons. Features missing, broken reward system and no fun.

After all these years it's still missing all the things many players want, and which are in other franchises since 2007. I'm not going to list them because I already did a couple of times.

I have a lot of cars. Now...well, since the release of GT6...I want the 20 mil cars. I can't get them and I explained why.
I work for living and I have other things to do so time is another issue. Not only for me of course.
The reward system is not ok at all, it was better in GT5.

---
EA? Fifa? The only microtransations I ever did was in Fight Night Champion: when the game came out I gained all the boosts in no time, just playing. Then after a game update somehow I lost all of them, gained all of them again, except 2. The last update ever released was glitched and it was impossible to get those boosts again simply playing the game. So after 2 years I decided to buy the 2 small boosts the game refused to give.
I never had to buy anything else in Fifa/UFC/Fight Night or any other EA title. I play the games, I have fun offline and online, and I get tons of in-game credits to improve my player/boxer, get shirts, trunks etc. without spending any real money.
---

I have my opinion, you have yours. Let's keep it that way.

Last edited:
I just hope I'll be able to actually enjoy 1.12 some day in the future because it completely broke my game.
GT6 is one giant bug.

I just hope I'll be able to actually enjoy 1.12 some day in the future because it completely broke my game.
GT6 is one giant bug.

Yep... I even tried the new buyer's experience, and if i were to buy the game today, It would have broken right away. i'm still srtuck trying to install updates... I cannot even install them one by one. Complete waste of Money

1.13 out and fixes sound issues mate!

They should stabilize the way they create updates as well.

Yep... I even tried the new buyer's experience, and if i were to buy the game today, It would have broken right away. i'm still srtuck trying to install updates... I cannot even install them one by one. Complete waste of Money

They should stabilize the way they create updates as well.
i don't understand for me everything went smooth

Luck has something to do with it ... I tried two Units in two different places and the game would crash at the installation. at best, the updates gets applied up to 33%.

disc or digital?

Luck has something to do with it ... I tried two Units in two different places and the game would crash at the installation. at best, the updates gets applied up to 33%.

disc or digital?
If you tried two Units in two different places and the game would crash at the installation, well there is a problem with your GT6 disc, buy another GT6 and see if your the problem still happens.

If you tried two Units in two different places and the game would crash at the installation, well there is a problem with your GT6 disc, buy another GT6 and see if your the problem still happens.

Why would update data coming from an online server be affected by the state of the game disc? The updates are installed on to the HDD.

And for those that say "well I have no problem" doesn't help to resolve the issue nor does it mean the problem doesn't exist.

Back