The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

dont know if this has been seen before but on sierra your driver has the car your in manufactures branded race suit.
New or na?

Usually it happens when you "borrow" the car...
If you use one of your own, then its your suit...

Did you notice it when doing the rally or arcade mode, or was it elsewhere?

Hmmm....I'm not sure what to think about today's Steering Wheel Update. I definitely like the weight of my wheel better than yesterday, but now I feel like I've lost some of the actual sensation - the feedback itself. Yesterday's v1.12 update did a fantastic job of making the tiny bumps and crevices flow through the wheel into my hands even better than pre-v1.12 but it totally killed the weight of the wheel.

I know it's impossible to make a few hundred thousand wheel users completely happy. The problem I have is, was ANYONE really screaming that FFB needed to be overhauled? I'll admit I don't have ANY other experience with driving games or sims on console or PC, but I have decades of driving experience in real life. I honestly thought my cheap little DFGT felt totally fine before 1.12 was installed. I thought it was very accurate in terms of weight and the feel of the road. Why make such a drastic change when no one, as far as I know from reading the world's biggest Gran Turismo fan site, was complaining about it in the first place.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it as it is right now. Hopefully PD doesn't decide to tinker with steering wheels again.

Hmmm....I'm not sure what to think about today's Steering Wheel Update. I definitely like the weight of my wheel better than yesterday, but now I feel like I've lost some of the actual sensation - the feedback itself. Yesterday's v1.12 update did a fantastic job of making the tiny bumps and crevices flow through the wheel into my hands even better than pre-v1.12 but it totally killed the weight of the wheel.

I know it's impossible to make a few hundred thousand wheel users completely happy. The problem I have is, was ANYONE really screaming that FFB needed to be overhauled? I'll admit I don't have ANY other experience with driving games or sims on console or PC, but I have decades of driving experience in real life. I honestly thought my cheap little DFGT felt totally fine before 1.12 was installed. I thought it was very accurate in terms of weight and the feel of the road. Why make such a drastic change when no one, as far as I know from reading the world's biggest Gran Turismo fan site, was complaining about it in the first place.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it as it is right now. Hopefully PD doesn't decide to tinker with steering wheels again.
PC sims are quite a bit more advanced than GT and on top of just having better FFB outright, they also have many more adjustments for wheels, including adjustments for kerbs, tire slippage, centering spring, damping, overall weight of the wheel, custom degrees of rotation, dead zone and more. Some like Assetto Corsa have tools for analyzing whether your wheel is clipping or not so you can set the wheel up to maximize feedback without clipping. They also allow you to save different profiles for settings so you can experiment or have different setups for cars/tracks.

I haven't driven post update, but pre-update, the difference between PC sims and GT was like night and day. Hopefully when they get the update finally sorted out, GT is moving in the right direction in terms of FFB.

Hopefully when they get the update finally sorted out, GT is moving in the right direction in terms of FFB.

At a minimum, they've already seen some issues and done SOMETHING about it.
which is a good direction..

While the FFB on my DFGT was noticibly lighter, the track and grip feeling was much better.
After a short time I noticed all i needed to do was hold my own wrists/ elbows a little stiffer, rather than relying on the motors for that intiial resistance.

Has anybody else noticed if their transmissions settings have been reset after this update. I have all my transmissions on all my tuned cars set a certain way and so far, I have noticed 4 of them have been reset. By reset, I mean Top Speed has been altered, (had it set to min.) 2nd gear through the last gear have been reset to the slider being right in the middle. Oddly, 1st gear and Final Gear remained untouched....1st was set to min. and so was FG. Like I said, all 4 cars that I have went to use have been this way. Very odd. Anyone else notice this.

Has anybody else noticed if their transmissions settings have been reset after this update. I have all my transmissions on all my tuned cars set a certain way and so far, I have noticed 4 of them have been reset. By reset, I mean Top Speed has been altered, (had it set to min.) 2nd gear through the last gear have been reset to the slider being right in the middle. Oddly, 1st gear and Final Gear remained untouched....1st was set to min. and so was FG. Like I said, all 4 cars that I have went to use have been this way. Very odd. Anyone else notice this.
Yep, I lost quite a few transmission setups, and I found out the hard way. It's never good when you're bouncing off the redline at 99MPH in a 400PP online race. :grumpy:
Also, has anyone lost all of their photos and replays since this update?

Yep, I lost quite a few transmission setups, and I found out the hard way. It's never good when you're bouncing off the redline at 99MPH in a 400PP online race. :grumpy:
Also, has anyone lost all of their photos and replays since this update?

I just started a thread for this subject...open for discussion. Thanks for the reply "Z" and conformation. Kinda pisses me off because now I have to go through and fix them all. Because of the method I use, its not as easy as just moving the FG, I have to go and start the process from scratch now. Makes me kinda curious now though as to the reason these were reset.

@ZDUPH I didn't lose any photos or replays but after the ninja "fix" this morning a few of my replays now cause a total system crash.
It really sucks that I lost all of my replays. I had well over 200 replays of awesome online races, laps, and photogenic cruises. All gone. Poof. Vanish.

discussion. Thanks for the reply "Z" and conformation.
Haha anytime "Lap-Ratt". :sly:👍

In my opinion they didnt change anything in terms of the,,senstivity'' of the feedback, they just made the max tourge stronger, as they told in the hotfix!

Which means that i think if you tone down the max tourge strengh to something similar as 1.12 you will have the same feedback as before. You just notice that better when the general strengh is lighter!

Last edited:

I'm with you. I'm surprised more players are not screaming. As a G27 user I couldn't be more disappointed. My only hope is that the "fix" was a partial fix until they restore more of our wheel resistance. Frankly, I'm thinking the whole game is moot without the stiffness of the wheel. Otherwise I feel like I'm just flying an airplane with a wheel shaped joystick.

I don't know if this had been stated but there seems to be lightning issues on Barthurst.

I apologise if this issue had been around before 1.12.

is anyone else experiencing FPS drop after this update ?
Ive been testing the new FFB at the La Sarthe circuit and its unplayable, especially using the interior view.

Last night I was getting some pretty bad momentary "freezes" on Sierra. Some of them maybe .2sec which is obviously very bad when entering a corner, braking zone, or trying to pass an AI car. Trashed a few of my runs in the GTO :banghead:

Im also noticing BIG drops in fps rate after the update, in my case is nearly unplayable!! my ps3 is one of the oldest, do you guys think that has something to do??

it may seem a stupid thing but i noticed you can put numbers on the mercedes gt3 now, it was forbidden before, do you guys know if this can be done on other cars like the r8 lms ultra?

After months and months of not touching GT6 finally sat and played it for a few hours. MUCH better online quick race, competitive for all. and the new track- Race mode much more exciting and "lively" its about time. To bad most people gave up on GT6 months ago due to its lack of good content. Now lets get that Track creator moving already!!

1.12 broke my GT6. Every time my PS wants to install the downloaded content some error happens and the installation fails. It doesn't even say what kind of error. I re-installed GT6 with all its updates and get the same error every time.

Can't fix it, I'm done with PD releasing bugged updates.

Well I noticed in online lobby in the chat column the little blue icons next to the driver names are no longer there.

Bathurst has the worst shadow glitching I have ever seen, dam near wrecked my Super Lap a few times because whole sections of barrier flicker light and dark - totally unacceptable.

Haven't noticed any replays missing, but I didn't check. As for photos, I export those right away anyway, so no loss for me if they are gone.

Online lobbies can't handle Sierra well. Racing works kinda okay, but afterwards the lobby ejects a few players, the rest hang or lock up, we end up restarting the lobby and avoiding Sierra. Kind of sad that there's this awesome track, but we can't enjoy it online because it just doesn't work. Wish they hadn't announced it for February release and then tweaked around until September to release it still in beta. Unacceptable.

In a few areas on Sierra, you never reach the barrier when you go off track, because Ichihiro Yamakuto, the inventor of the invisible barrier has struck again and placed new invisible walls in front of the visible ones, by only a few feet. What kind of person does such a thing when modelling an environment? Make the clipping box of the barrier sit where the actual polygons are. I fear anything even remotely open-world is not in the plan for PD since they still employ the archaic impassable areas convention. Quite disappointed by that. Say you have made a mistake and went off a little, mowing the grass, you straighten out to miss the apex of the barrier and recover after the corner, but the invisible wall stops you dead before you get near the "real" wall. So I have to memorize corner entry speeds, apexes, brake points AND invisible walls for 82 corners? Come on PD, stop effing around. Un - wait for it - acceptable.

Any track we race, totally randomly, some sound disappears. One race I had no tire sounds but everything else, i.e. engine revs, tranny whine, turbo sounds, other drivers' tires screeching, their engines, BGM. Several other races I had no car sounds of my own, no tires or engine, just other drivers sounds and BGM. Kinda neat aside from the fact that it ticks me off that it randomly glitches for no reason at all, because I appreciate how all the sounds are layered. Also kinda trippy to drive a totally silent vehicle and rely solely on controller rumble and visuals. Still unacceptable.

I sure hope I don't find any of my transmissions reset. I will be quite cross. I mean, I SAVE my data for the reason that I need it SAVED so I can use it reliably. If I can't expect my SAVE to contain what I SAVED in it, why don't you call it a "conditional save".

Again, I wish I could fall back to GT5 online... I'm beginning to consider Need for Speed...

Last edited:
Back