The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

In GT5 times the people ranted in the exact same measure as with GT6.

No matter how ,,complete'' any GT will be, the people will complain about it and its incompletenes.

How many games out there are so complete to have over thousend cars (or over 600 or whatever different ones), over 50 tracks, a carrer mode, a online mode where you can set almost everything to your likes, superb physics, new race events every week, get updates every month, get free cars and features every month and and and....?!!

Yeah, you're right...
We call PD lazy, lack of communications...
But we forget something... every car, every track, and everything is comes free, no day 1 dlc, or something...

no ordinary Nissan. Nismo should be considered something special. I'm surprised people overlook this detail on a petrolhead game related forum
Yeah it's cool. The problem is they throw us GT-R's and pretend us to be exited like if we don't have a gazillion amount of GT-R's already.

@MorPh3uS people also seem to forget that modeling circa 30km track in HD and that kind of detail takes time. Also modeling the cars. Plus it's free. So why don't we just sit neatly and wait for the thing to come and after that be grateful that we are not charged for them (because they could put a price on all these contents)

@HKS racer as one of the guys said, It's the first production one since GT5, plus it's a Nismo. I'm always happy to see an additional car for free. It could be even a premium Midget :D

The official Gran Tuirsmo site reposted the Monday (for the U.S) maintenance notice along with the “Update Fails” notification. It was not there last night (last week or last month) and now it is. Before anyone jumps all over me, yes it does say Dec 6, 2013 / Aug 18, 2014 respectfully, but this has happened before on another Monday update (version 1.06 on April 07, 2014) reusing a notice.

I can see if it was just maintenance on their site of things to just post the maintenance notice, as they did for the back to back days. But to also add the how to fix a failed update, when there’s no plan to update or affect us? Along with Nissan’s input on Twitter, who doesn’t want to look like a bunch of fools and deceptive, I feel in my opinion that an update is coming tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live.

For what it's worth, I also think the update was scheduled for last Wednesday/Thursday so that it would go along with the new seasonals but there was an issue. So now it’s Monday/Tuesday, again depending on where you live.

The official Gran Tuirsmo site reposted the Monday (for the U.S) maintenance notice along with the “Update Fails” notification. It was not there last night (last week or last month) and now it is. Before anyone jumps all over me, yes it does say Dec 6, 2013 / Aug 18, 2014 respectfully, but this has happened before on another Monday update (version 1.06 on April 07, 2014) reusing a notice.

I can see if it was just maintenance on their site of things to just post the maintenance notice, as they did for the back to back days. But to also add the how to fix a failed update, when there’s no plan to update or affect us? Along with Nissan’s input on Twitter, who doesn’t want to look like a bunch of fools and deceptive, I feel in my opinion that an update is coming tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live.

For what it's worth, I also think the update was scheduled for last Wednesday/Thursday so that it would go along with the new seasonals but there was an issue. So now it’s Monday/Tuesday, again depending on where you live.

You mean, person A living in B gets it on Monday and person C living in D gets it on Tuesday? I`m a bit confused now...

If it comes later than this week, it would be the longest time between two updates in GT6' history. So I guess the odds are around 90% that it comes this week.

@MorPh3uS people also seem to forget that modeling circa 30km track in HD and that kind of detail takes time. Also modeling the cars. Plus it's free. So why don't we just sit neatly and wait for the thing to come and after that be grateful that we are not charged for them (because they could put a price on all these contents)

Pretty sure they charged for it. Pretty sure I paid for it. Pretty sure they said the track (and other features) would come soon**.

I understand when a mod engages in some pretty embarrassing shilling. I don't understand when it's a regular user.

**soon (s
oomacr.gif
n)
adv. soon·er, soon·est
1. In the near future; shortly.
2. Without hesitation; promptly: came as soon as possible.
3. Before the usual or appointed time; early.
4. With willingness; readily: I'd as soon leave right now.
5. Obsolete Immediately.
6. Not ****ing 9 months

My thoughts pertaining to update 1.12 are this:
  • I'm not boarding the hype train, but don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take the update whenever it comes.
  • Its mid September, give or take a day. We still have the remaining part of the month for this update to come if it doesn't today.
  • If for some reason we don't get Zahara in this upcoming update, we still have the rest of GT6's lifespan for the track to come.

Pretty sure they charged for it. Pretty sure I paid for it. Pretty sure they said the track (and other features) would come soon**.

I understand when a mod engages in some pretty embarrassing shilling. I don't understand when it's a regular user.

**soon (s
oomacr.gif
n)
adv. soon·er, soon·est
5. Obsolete Immediately.
6. Not ****ing 9 months

The only thing that was mentioned on the game box and interviews is b-spec, course creator, and online community features, none of which they said would be released "soon," but rather they were content that would be added gradually after the game's release to hold you over until the next GT game.

None of the DLC tracks or cars were ever announced as paid or free DLC. It wasn't until they actually started giving out the cars and track (Red Bull) that we figured there was no cost. So no, you didn't pay for it, they were given to you.

**soon (s
oomacr.gif
n)
adv. soon·er, soon·est
5. Obsolete Immediately.
6. Not ****ing 9 months

I'm just trying to not jump into the hype void (it's no longer a train, it's a black hole). Nevertheless i was talking about various game devs and publishers that would extra-charge us for that track or the nismo gt-r. PD doesn't. Shouldn't we be glad?

No matter how ,,complete'' any GT will be, the people will complain about it and its incompletenes.

How many games out there are so complete to have over thousend cars (or over 600 or whatever different ones), over 50 tracks, a carrer mode, a online mode where you can set almost everything to your likes, superb physics, new race events every week, get updates every month, get free cars and features every month and and and....?!!

A lot of us disagree with this assessment which is why we are frustrated. About 2/3's of the cars are incomplete (no interior or number plates), most of the tracks we've been racing on for many years now and many still have PS2 quality graphics, the career is incomplete (no endurance races, no options for tire/fuel wear, etc., and we're chasing the same rabbits that we chased in GT5), online is incomplete (can't filter out rooms using racing tires, no matchmaking, terrible stability), the physics feel like a dead fish compared to any PC sim, the "new race events every week" usually consist of boring hot laps or boring rabbit chasing, yes we've received a few cars but most of them are fantasy cars, and even the new features are only partially useable (i.e. only premium cars can have number plates, yet none of the AI cars use number plates). Add to that all the missing features that we expected to carry over from GT5 (shuffle, car sharing, horn collecting, ability to zoom your map, better hud options, endurance races, etc.) and you can easily see why many of us are beyond disappointed with the game. We're desperately clinging to the last bit of hope that an update will suddenly make things right with the GT world (even though no update can save it at this point IMO).

You mean, person A living in B gets it on Monday and person C living in D gets it on Tuesday? I`m a bit confused now...

Maintenance for the Eastern Time Zone in the USA is at 11:00 pm (23:00) Monday until 1 am (01:00) Tuesday. Someone on the West Coast or Pacific Time Zone would have maintenance from 8 pm Monday till 10 pm Monday.

That means you would get it, in Recklinghausen, Germany at 5 am Tuesday till 7 am Tuesday (provided we all get it at the same time per the usual).

Yes, that was on September 3rd.

We've been saying this over and over again since the build up to GT4... Unless it's an official announcement from Sony, it's speculation. Even if it comes from GTPlanet itself. It might be really well informed speculation (it usually is in our case), but it's speculation. Even "Kazunori said" in an interview is speculation

I can understand why people are disappointed in and angry about the game itself. I can understand why people get excited for a new update especially when it contains new features and content. I can understand the enthusiasm. I can even understand the hype train - but I can never understand the disappointment and fury directed towards Sony/PD/Kazunori from a release they haven't officially announced not arriving on a date people on a forum have made up or inferred (even if they've have had good reason to).
Couldnt agree more. Exactly what im trying to say. Good job. 👍

GTP mentality hits the lowest point since ive been here.

Yes, that was on September 3rd.

We've been saying this over and over again since the build up to GT4... Unless it's an official announcement from Sony, it's speculation. Even if it comes from GTPlanet itself. It might be really well informed speculation (it usually is in our case), but it's speculation. Even "Kazunori said" in an interview is speculation

I can understand why people are disappointed in and angry about the game itself. I can understand why people get excited for a new update especially when it contains new features and content. I can understand the enthusiasm. I can even understand the hype train - but I can never understand the disappointment and fury directed towards Sony/PD/Kazunori from a release they haven't officially announced not arriving on a date people on a forum have made up or inferred (even if they've have had good reason to).
If only I could give you more than one like...

The only thing that was mentioned on the game box and interviews is b-spec, course creator, and online community features, none of which they said would be released "soon," but rather they were content that would be added gradually after the game's release to hold you over until the next GT game.

None of the DLC tracks or cars were ever announced as paid or free DLC. It wasn't until they actually started giving out the cars and track (Red Bull) that we figured there was no cost. So no, you didn't pay for it, they were given to you.
Right, sorry. Must be a Pavlovian thing. Or not. Here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-post-launch-features-planned-lots.291591/) it clearly states that "it clearly states "coming soon"".

Yes, it was free. PD likes charity work. They are the corporate equivalent of Jesus and Santa Claus.

A lot of us disagree with this assessment which is why we are frustrated. About 2/3's of the cars are incomplete (no interior or number plates), most of the tracks we've been racing on for many years now and many still have PS2 quality graphics, the career is incomplete (no endurance races, no options for tire/fuel wear, etc., and we're chasing the same rabbits that we chased in GT5), online is incomplete (can't filter out rooms using racing tires, no matchmaking, terrible stability), the physics feel like a dead fish compared to any PC sim, the "new race events every week" usually consist of boring hot laps or boring rabbit chasing, yes we've received a few cars but most of them are fantasy cars, and even the new features are only partially useable (i.e. only premium cars can have number plates, yet none of the AI cars use number plates). Add to that all the missing features that we expected to carry over from GT5 (shuffle, car sharing, horn collecting, ability to zoom your map, better hud options, endurance races, etc.) and you can easily see why many of us are beyond disappointed with the game. We're desperately clinging to the last bit of hope that an update will suddenly make things right with the GT world (even though no update can save it at this point IMO).
Ok, it clearly seems you dont like anything about GT6, so why do you play or even bother writing in an GT6 forum.
Why dont you just play anothet game which fit your expections?
Play a pc sim for your sooo much better physics, play another game with hundrets of cars with interior view, play another game with endurance races, fuel/tire wear and whatever, JUST PLAY ANOTHER GAME!!
Why do you guys which disline GT6 sooooo much have to be always in a GT6 forum to write down how massivle bad, disapointing and incomplete is?!?!!

And again, nothing on GT6 is incomplete.
Do i say that a forza is incomplete because it doenst have a track creator?
Do i say a shift is incomplete because it doesnt have endurance races?
Do i say all those pc sims are incomplete because they only have a small amount of cars and mostly only race cars?

NO - because thats the way those games are!

I cant buy a Ferrari and say its incomplete because it has a small trunk. Or that its incomplete because it isnt durable. Or that its incomplete because it drinks 4 times as much of gas as a VW Golf.

Right, sorry. Must be a Pavlovian thing. Or not. Here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-post-launch-features-planned-lots.291591/) it clearly states that "it clearly states "coming soon"".

Yes, it was free. PD likes charity work. They are the corporate equivalent of Jesus and Santa Claus.

In the context of what you're complaining about, which was in regards to this post about the Sierra track, no where in that link you posted mentions anything about the DLC tracks or even DLC cars coming "soon." It was already known the track creator would take time and never had a definitive release date.

The Red Bull Challange along with the new red bull cars, the data logger, the gps visualizer, and 3D compatibility have already been released. And not only that, they've even released plenty of great content outside of what was mentioned in that thread, including the Senna update and cars, Red Bull Ring track, addition of customizeable brake colors, customizeable spoilers, a number decal editor, fixes to the camber issue, various adjustments to the physics, not to mention all of the Vision GT cars that's been released.

But regardless of all that, PD should have really released the Sierra track earlier right? Because you obviously already payed for it, which you didn't, and it was promised to be coming soon, which it wasn't.

Ok, it clearly seems you dont like anything about GT6, so why do you play or even bother writing in an GT6 forum.
Why dont you just play anothet game which fit your expections?
Play a pc sim for your sooo much better physics, play another game with hundrets of cars with interior view, play another game with endurance races, fuel/tire wear and whatever, JUST PLAY ANOTHER GAME!!
Why do you guys which disline GT6 sooooo much have to be always in a GT6 forum to write down how massivle bad, disapointing and incomplete is?!?!!

And again, nothing on GT6 is incomplete.
Do i say that a forza is incomplete because it doenst have a track creator?
Do i say a shift is incomplete because it doesnt have endurance races?
Do i say all those pc sims are incomplete because they only have a small amount of cars and mostly only race cars?

NO - because thats the way those games are!

I cant buy a Ferrari and say its incomplete because it has a small trunk. Or that its incomplete because it isnt durable. Or that its incomplete because it drinks 4 times as much of gas as a VW Golf.

GT6 is incomplete. Stop defending it, accept it.

Everything in this world we live in is incomplete in a way. Everything has the theoretical +1 option. It's just a question of what is enough - what is good. And I think PD has delivered better than most. You can try to proove me wrong - I'd love to see that. Give me any game that has no faults in it.. anything.

So stop whining. I would suggest anyone feeling let down by gt to find some perspective on some actual real life problems.

I give you the controversial Michael Jackson:

"If you want to make the world a better place - take a look at yourself and make the change.."

That is the only way..

It is incomplete because it does not have all of its advertised features nearly a year after release.

There is no defending that fact.

The game is complete. All of the advertised features that were advertised to come post launch date are still coming post launch date. All of the advertised features that were announced to be in the launch-day release, are in the game.

Back