The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Who confirmed it?
The stream demonstrated all the content I mentioned to open eyes (Cars in the New cars section images and even a full lap of Zahara). Like PD did with the Ayrton Senna content back in May.

Even though it was the same stream where the supposed last week release of 1.12 was confirmed *Shudders

Nissan's Facebook page:

cap2.png

From Nissan FB Page

NissanHi Kevin and Maqsud, unfortunately there has been a slight delay in adding the GT-R NISMO to GT6, but it will now be available tomorrow. If you entered GT Academy you'll be able to download it for free as part of the latest update Thanks. ^HT
Oh boy.....

It's like waiting on a train platform (possibly a hypetrain platform) with a timetable that doesn't say if any more trains are due. Being annoyed that there's no more trains due is justified. If a stranger sidles up to you and says "The boss of the train company said there'll be one along in five minutes, you'll see." and no train shows up, should you be angry with the boss of the train company?

Stoopid train boss, now I'm going to be late for my date!! Time to get the torches and pitchforks. :mad::mad::mad:

:gtpflag:

I'm sure I've read around here before that PD do indeed keep an eye on these forums, so they have an idea what state a core part of their fanbase is in.

Now if only they had some sort of blog available that they could use to occasionally communicate with us, where they could squash out of hand rumours or give approximate timelines for when new updates/features may be arriving. That would be really cool, I think may be one or two most other companies have tried something similar!
they could put it here,
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/

It's half September.

Oh God. OH GOD! It's HALF SEPTEMBER! But I'm so unprepared! I haven't even ordered any party hats, vol-au-vents, NOTHING!

You've selected a completely arbitrary date, and chosen to whine at a company who have promised nothing for said date. PD have released numerous updates (I haven't counted, but I'd wager at least eleven, given that the next one is assumed to be named 1.12) which have gradually delivered the features, cars and tracks that it was suggested would appear in the game. Some of these updates have delivered things that weren't even mentioned at all, which is nice.

Now, I'm not having a go at you specifically, @HKS racer, but the issue with Every Single GT6 Speculation thread is that people who have been desperate for a specific feature since day one constantly cry their eyes out when their highly demanding needs have not yet been catered for, and then expect instant gratification anyway.

I have no issue with people speculating. It makes things exciting. But to get upset when completely unconfirmed speculation doesn't come true? Can you not see that comes across as a little bit silly?

you guys are abslolutely right, there's no reason to be upset because they keep delay a track announced in february.
And now corrected for reality:
You guys are absolutely right, there's no reason to be upset because they haven't yet released a track they've not yet announced a release date for.
Get upset if you want to, but realise it's only your own expectation you're getting upset about.
Can we please lock this thread? Than we wont have to see Famine trying oh so hard be god over his keyboard...
You're welcome to click on one of the many other excellent threads on this site if there's content in this one you do not wish to see.

Until Monday has been and gone, this thread's just fine.

I'm surprized and dissapointed at myself for getting pulled in with the mass.
Before GTplanet, i did not care when a update came.
After some posts that claim information and dates, i noticed myself getting dissapointed, and for what?

In the disclaimer of GT6 is not mentioned that Sony/PD/KAZ need to mention the update times and days.
Only thing really mentioned is:"16.1 Software can be updated on specific times, wich can include, adding or removing functionality."
"Can be updated" and "Can add or remove functionality", can not will.
"Hear say" from kaz or PR or anyone, still is "hear say", It happens when the uploader starts FTP, selects the big file and hit's the upload button.After the upload the scripts changes so that your game connects to that big file.

The specific update time? start your PS3, start your GT6 and when the message appears "An update is available, press X to continue"? Then, and only then, the update is there for you.

I read this topic and keep wondering that so many members still fall for this speculation.
I almost fall again for speculation when the video of that sahara lap popped up at the front page, but i woke up.
We are only halfway september, still 15 days to go.And if not? Don't worry, update 1.12 will come eventually.

And here we go, again..

"but it will now be available tomorrow"

So I really hope this will be the final date, at least it looks like, cause they won't really post info like that if they don't know that from someone from Sony. They are just "Nissan" and they are partner with PD, so everything what they post there about Gran Turismo is right from Sony PR.

And here we go, again..

"but it will now be available tomorrow"

So I really hope this will be the final date, at least it looks like, cause they won't really post info like that if they don't know that from someone from Sony. They are just "Nissan" and they are partner with PD, so everything what they post there about Gran Turismo is right from Sony PR.
But until there's a press release from Sony...

Yes, only speculation. But what they post on friday was almost for sure press release from Sony. It would be better if we stay calm but this looks really plausible

I'm sure I've read around here before that PD do indeed keep an eye on these forums, so they have an idea what state a core part of their fanbase is in.

If you believe that, just have a look at how many of the 'Ask Kaz' questions have been answered.

I'm going to hope 1.12 will be out tomorrow since they (Nissan) said "it will now be available tomorrow. If you entered GT Academy you'll be able to download it for free as part of the latest update". Let's wait and see.

If it actually comes out tomorrow, I hope there's going to be more than the VGT, Zahara and other stuff that someone said would potentially be in the update. Now, I'm looking forward to drive the Toyota VGT and I just hope that there will be a detailed interior view and the ability to change the number and color of the car/rims.

I hope/wish we'll get some more customization options in 1.12... but that's only hope and personal wishes, we can't have it all, can we?

As far as what is confirmed:
Toyota VGT
Toyota FT-1 Graphite.
Both to be released in a 'September' update.

That is it.
Nothing else confirmed.

Yes we saw an image of the NISMO in-game.
Yes we saw an image of 'Quick Match' in-game.
Yes we saw cars running on Zahara.

Was this in-game footage on a PS3 console running v1.12?
Or was it on a dev. kit?
Completely unconfirmed for v1.12 unless someone has proof otherwise.

All we know is that 2 cars are coming in September.
End of story.

*Edited to add*
Regarding the appearance of the 'Maintenance' notice.
I've noticed this before over recent times.
It's becoming a regular thing for PD to resurrect this original notice on their website the day before regular maintenance as an easy form of notification reminder.
I wouldn't read anything into it.

Last edited:
If you believe that, just have a look at how many of the 'Ask Kaz' questions have been answered.
Maybe the questions on this board are not a priority and they take questions more from other sources like the PlayStation official forums, and or the site the answers are posted.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back