The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Monatsende, Dec 14, 2013.

?

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

1. Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

272 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. No! Just no!

42 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. I don`t care!

98 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

I'll grant you that it's not as dramatic a concept as the AMG by a long way... but sorry if you think it looks like an M3 then I disagree, and I suspect you think it screams M3 more the M235i Racing because you are not familiar with the M235i Racing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or, an E92 M3?

[​IMG]

2. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

:drool:

e30 freek likes this.
  3. e30 freek

e30 freek

Eeeeeeeek there was a e30 in the video and kaz was right in front of it!!! He must know they exist now

Snaeper, Raggadish, GTGranpa and 5 others like this.
  4. andre_pt

andre_pt

The more i see, the more i like this new VGT car :drool:

e30 freek and fortbo like this.
  5. andre_pt

andre_pt

He thought: "What a nice skyline, what version is this?"

6. Imari

Imari

My apologies then, I thought you were being facetious with the M235 comment because it had stripes.

I'm not familiar with it, but having gone and looked it up you're right, it does bear more resemblance than just about any other BMW. There's a couple of cues added from the F30 M3/F32 M4 maybe, but to say that the VGT was a pumped up version of that M235i wouldn't be far off at all.

Again, sorry for misinterpreting.

Virghilian and MatskiMonk like this.
  7. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

It looks stunning. :drool:

8. INEEDNAWZZZ

INEEDNAWZZZ

I think its awesome; actually seems like it could be a feasible race car too, if they were to make it.

Whilst I can see the 2/3/4 Series design elements and understand the argument that it isn't very adventurous compared to Mercedes' offering, remember that this is BMW's own take on what 'GT' is; to them, it signifies their racing heritage, whereas Mercedes obviously wanted to hark back to their classic grand tourers and provide a modern spin on it.

CarloPlaya likes this.
  9. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

No worries, to be honest I've been expecting this for some time, I wasn't totally accurate but this is what I guessed a in August 2013.

Imari likes this.
  10. Switzer

Switzer

This thing does look like the M235i Racing. I must ask, if they are making concept cars that look nearly identical to real life cars, why don't they just put the current production cars in the game like the new M5 and M6 ? No matter how many updates this game gets, I feel that new current production cars is all that it needs. They're probably going to put them in GT 7 but being a long time GT fan I know that my assumptions and expectations are not always right.

Imari and CarloPlaya like this.
  11. DingoDile

DingoDile

Its very beautiful but its like a car that everyone can ride these days.
    I want more exciting and strange designs for a concept car. things like Mercedes Benz VGT.

12. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Shame it doesn't sound as good as it looks (but then neither does the new M3/M4). In fact it doesn't really sound like anything...

The look though, to me it's a beautiful combination of 3.0 CSL, M4 and M235i. Love it

13. Dhalism

Dhalism

As a car it looks pretty great, but it does feel dirty that they used this opportunity, what was supposed to be a flight of imagination into a simple marketing promotion for the new m4.

Divinus and Imari like this.
  14. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Let's make a name for it. Mine is BMW 3003 Turbo :D

e30 freek likes this.
  15. Squach240

Squach240

Now that the BMW VGT released.

I think this very car proves that these VGT's have absolutely nothing to do with major car shows.

tankuroded likes this.
  16. chzsln485

chzsln485

Am I the only person who thinks the concept sketch looks rather like a different car to the actual vehicle provided in the update? It seems a lot lower, wider, and altogether not that similar in design.

17. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

The VGT's body shape reminds me of an E30, 1 Series Coupé M, and your average 3 series sedan :D

Good design BMW. Hope you also have a Racing version at hand.

18. Monatsende

Monatsende

It`s like game trailers before release... Not very similiar to the actual game on your device.

19. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

I called the Merc the SGT AMG or the GT AMG or something.

This bimmer's alot tougher for me, F90 BMW M2?

20. chzsln485

chzsln485

A concept of a concept! It just took me by surprise a little because the Mercedes looked basically the same, and yet the BMW looks more like an i8 than a 2-Series in the sketch. Perhaps that's why it took so long to add to the game - it was redesigned somewhere along the line.

21. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

It's possible that BMW will show a full size version of this at Villa d'Esta later this month, or at the M-power festival next month.

It's along the same lines, IIRC someone here messaged BMW via facebook and BMW said that they'd 'changed direction' with it, and that's why we didn't get it in Feb.

I'm wondering if BMW didn't want to be out "Motorsport'd" by the Merc VGT racing version...

Sorry, but I've always disagreed with this, it's only my opinion, but the VGT NEVER looked much like an i8, it's always had the 2 series head lamps, and it always looked like being a front engined car.

chzsln485 likes this.
  22. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

This is one of the nicest looking BMWs I've ever seen, very clean and consistent looking lines all around and if it wasn't for the M colours, it would look very subtle.

23. andrea

andrea

It's a beauty.

e30 freek likes this.
  24. DrPuppetwarrior

DrPuppetwarrior

Off the hipe train with you :p

25. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

I will be the one to ask;
    How does it sound?

26. TorqueHappenS08

TorqueHappenS08

like the M4, but sounds like a jet engine on flyby...which makes it sounds like a viper..

27. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Or vacuum cleaner

28. apexpredator100

apexpredator100

Haven't had the time to download the update yet. Does the car handle pretty well?

29. Divinus

Divinus

Does the car have another colour schemes? If it has can anyone post pics, please?

No need, someone posted them on another thread.

30. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Its the turbo, silly.