The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
View attachment 156194

You see what you want to see.

The Merc looked nothing like any Merc ever produced before, that I'm aware of anyway.

The BMW VGT is very, very clearly strongly related to the BMW 3 series. You could make the argument that the nose is more Z4 than M3, but the overall style of the thing screams M3 to me. It could be a design prototype for the next M3, and I wouldn't see anything odd about that. Pull off the wing, narrow the flares down a bit and pull the splitter/diffuser up so that they'd clear road bumps and it'd make a fine M3.

But hey, if you think it looks nothing like an M3, then each to their own. Some people also think all 911s are very distinct, and others find them to have very similar design.

I'll grant you that it's not as dramatic a concept as the AMG by a long way... but sorry if you think it looks like an M3 then I disagree, and I suspect you think it screams M3 more the M235i Racing because you are not familiar with the M235i Racing...

BMW-M235i-Racing-Car-31.jpg

i1GX4pSoXhbON.jpg

BMW-M235i-Race-Car-image-1.jpg

i1PUQEmtMbT7d.jpg

Or, an E92 M3?

white4yr2.jpg

I'll grant you that it's not as dramatic a concept as the AMG by a long way... but sorry if you think it looks like an M3 then I disagree, and I suspect you think it screams M3 more the M235i Racing because you are not familiar with the M235i Racing...

BMW-M235i-Racing-Car-31.jpg

i1GX4pSoXhbON.jpg

BMW-M235i-Race-Car-image-1.jpg

i1PUQEmtMbT7d.jpg

Or, an E92 M3?

white4yr2.jpg

My apologies then, I thought you were being facetious with the M235 comment because it had stripes.

I'm not familiar with it, but having gone and looked it up you're right, it does bear more resemblance than just about any other BMW. There's a couple of cues added from the F30 M3/F32 M4 maybe, but to say that the VGT was a pumped up version of that M235i wouldn't be far off at all.

Again, sorry for misinterpreting.

I think its awesome; actually seems like it could be a feasible race car too, if they were to make it.

Whilst I can see the 2/3/4 Series design elements and understand the argument that it isn't very adventurous compared to Mercedes' offering, remember that this is BMW's own take on what 'GT' is; to them, it signifies their racing heritage, whereas Mercedes obviously wanted to hark back to their classic grand tourers and provide a modern spin on it.

My apologies then, I thought you were being facetious with the M235 comment because it had stripes.

I'm not familiar with it, but having gone and looked it up you're right, it does bear more resemblance than just about any other BMW. There's a couple of cues added from the F30 M3/F32 M4 maybe, but to say that the VGT was a pumped up version of that M235i wouldn't be far off at all.

Again, sorry for misinterpreting.

No worries, to be honest I've been expecting this for some time, I wasn't totally accurate but this is what I guessed a in August 2013.

MatskiMonk
It's obviously a badged as an M car (the badge is visible on the grille), and of course it bears the M colour stripes. The grill surrounds though are blue, going on BMW's recent concepts the blue detailing would point to something of a Hybrid.

So, it's also rumoured that BMW is working on a supercar to celebrate their 100th birthday, do I think this is that? No.

The shape of the headlights and the grille is very similar to the soon to be unveiled 2 series coupe (which there will be a full M version of). The nose looks too bulky for it to be a mid-engine car also IMO.

The aggressive front air-dam area and the rear wing are reminiscent of the old CSL batmobile racers too..

So, I think BMW will use this as a Hybrid-M concept Race car, that bares a passing resemblance to the 2 series, which is probably a fact they will use to market the new small coupe to affluent younger audiences.... that play GT.

I could be entirely wrong of course.

This thing does look like the M235i Racing. I must ask, if they are making concept cars that look nearly identical to real life cars, why don't they just put the current production cars in the game like the new M5 and M6 ? No matter how many updates this game gets, I feel that new current production cars is all that it needs. They're probably going to put them in GT 7 but being a long time GT fan I know that my assumptions and expectations are not always right.

Its very beautiful but its like a car that everyone can ride these days.
I want more exciting and strange designs for a concept car. things like Mercedes Benz VGT.

As a car it looks pretty great, but it does feel dirty that they used this opportunity, what was supposed to be a flight of imagination into a simple marketing promotion for the new m4.

Am I the only person who thinks the concept sketch looks rather like a different car to the actual vehicle provided in the update? It seems a lot lower, wider, and altogether not that similar in design.

The VGT's body shape reminds me of an E30, 1 Series Coupé M, and your average 3 series sedan :D

Good design BMW. Hope you also have a Racing version at hand.

Am I the only person who thinks the concept sketch looks rather like a different car to the actual vehicle provided in the update? It seems a lot lower, wider, and altogether not that similar in design.
It`s like game trailers before release... Not very similiar to the actual game on your device.

It`s like game trailers before release... Not very similiar with the actual game on your device.

A concept of a concept! It just took me by surprise a little because the Mercedes looked basically the same, and yet the BMW looks more like an i8 than a 2-Series in the sketch. Perhaps that's why it took so long to add to the game - it was redesigned somewhere along the line.

Now that the BMW VGT released.

I think this very car proves that these VGT's have absolutely nothing to do with major car shows.

It's possible that BMW will show a full size version of this at Villa d'Esta later this month, or at the M-power festival next month.

It's along the same lines, IIRC someone here messaged BMW via facebook and BMW said that they'd 'changed direction' with it, and that's why we didn't get it in Feb.

I'm wondering if BMW didn't want to be out "Motorsport'd" by the Merc VGT racing version...

A concept of a concept! It just took me by surprise a little because the Mercedes looked basically the same, and yet the BMW looks more like an i8 than a 2-Series in the sketch. Perhaps that's why it took so long to add to the game - it was redesigned somewhere along the line.

Sorry, but I've always disagreed with this, it's only my opinion, but the VGT NEVER looked much like an i8, it's always had the 2 series head lamps, and it always looked like being a front engined car.

This is one of the nicest looking BMWs I've ever seen, very clean and consistent looking lines all around and if it wasn't for the M colours, it would look very subtle.

Sigh.

BMW, you could have made anything you wanted. ANYTHING.

So you make an M3 with a widebody kit. Woo. Colour me unexcited.

I didn't really like the look of the Merc either, to be honest, but at least it was radical and unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It was a true expression of a designer letting themselves go. It was a refreshing look at what a car could be like if money and real world considerations were no object at all, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I expect to be pilloried for not liking it, but there you have it. I expect someone to have made that bodykit for an M3 within a month.
Off the hipe train with you :P

Does the car have another colour schemes? If it has can anyone post pics, please?

No need, someone posted them on another thread.

Back