The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
^I always thought the Coming Soon box in Quick Match is referring to upcoming event rosters, not that they are planning a fifth event.

I wish PD would just straight up announce "No more VGTs are coming to GT6. Please look forward to the Bugatti and Hyundai, along with the rest in GT Sport and 7". That would stop any further speculation and disappointments and finally give closure to this game. Otherwise we are all left hanging until who knows when...

^I always thought the Coming Soon box in Quick Match is referring to upcoming event rosters, not that they are planning a fifth event.

Nope, here is a screenshot from the PS blog where it does have an extra event:

15032934308_b4e3337c27_b.jpg

So does it still say coming soon? I've not played for months, as I say.

I wish PD would just straight up announce "No more VGTs are coming to GT6. Please look forward to the Bugatti and Hyundai, along with the rest in GT Sport and 7". That would stop any further speculation and disappointments and finally give closure to this game. Otherwise we are all left hanging until who knows when...

That would go against another PD trait, communication.

Nope, here is a screenshot from the PS blog where it does have an extra event:

15032934308_b4e3337c27_b.jpg

So does it still say coming soon? I've not played for months, as I say.

That would go against another PD trait, communication.

Ah I never seen that picture before. Then again there are 3 events that uses the same picture, so clearly it's only a screenshot in progress.

I don't check the Quick Match section often, but a month ago it still only shows 4 events.

I know it goes against PD's traits :P That's why I said "I wish...". Kaz being Kaz, the best we get is probably something like "It's coming to a future Gran Turismo soon (TM)".

I love the Vision GT cars (despite no new ones added in the section in a while which is a bummer).
One thing though, I wish there were tuning upgrades available for them(Engine, Exhaust etc) as from what I've seen none of them have tuning upgrade options. Why is it they don't?

Is it only me or does anybody else wish they had tuning upgrade options?

Last edited:
I love the Vision GT cars (despite no new ones added in the section in a while which is a bummer).
One things though, I wish there were tuning upgrades available for them as from what I've seen none of them have tuning upgrade options. Why is it they don't?

It`s not only you... 👍

One thing though, I wish there were tuning upgrades available for them(Engine, Exhaust etc) as from what I've seen none of them have tuning upgrade options. Why is it they don't?

Only the Mercedes AMG GT have extensive tuning from what I recall, and that's because it's a road car. Most of the others are race cars or experimental cars, and these usually don't have much tuning options anyway. The only road cars besides Mercedes are Infiniti, Aston Martin and Nissan. I don't know why PD didn't have tuning for these, but it's probably licensing or time issue.

Only the Mercedes AMG GT have extensive tuning from what I recall, and that's because it's a road car. Most of the others are race cars or experimental cars, and these usually don't have much tuning options anyway. The only road cars besides Mercedes are Infiniti, Aston Martin and Nissan. I don't know why PD didn't have tuning for these, but it's probably licensing or time issue.
Odd because newer real cars also dont have one at all, even the turbos like almost all of race cars. GTR LM NISMO, TS030, and Zytek comes to mind.

Odd because newer real cars also dont have one at all, even the turbos like almost all of race cars. GTR LM NISMO, TS030, and Zytek comes to mind.

My guess is with the older race cars (e.g. Group C) stock setup is race trim, while high RPM turbo is supposed to simulate qualifying trim with 1000+ HP. With these newer cars they run the same setup for quali and race, so they don't have any upgrades.

i1tZFmuflqaZDG.jpg

TOKYO, Japan (January 23, 2016) – Gran Turismo was presented with the Golden Marker Special Award at this year’s ceremony of the Japan Car Design Awards held at The Gallery Too in the Minato district. Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi was on hand to accept the prestigious trophy.

According to the judges, Gran Turismo was recognized for working effectively with the world’s most reputed brands since 2013 and “being an instrument to teach how to drive a car for those who are below the legal driving age” and “for educating about cars in general.” They also noted how the popular driving game provided opportunities to car designers around the world to express their wildest imaginations, while broadening the vision of the market.

2015-2016 Japan Car Design Awards

The Award Winners
- Golden Marker Award for Production Cars: Mazda CX-3
- Golden Marker Award for Concept Cars: Yamaha Sports Ride Concept
- Golden Clay Award: Mazda RX-Vision
- Golden Marker Special Award: Gran Turismo

The Judges
Head Judge: Kyoichi Yamaguchi (Motor Journalist)
Judges: Hideo Kodama (Car Designer), Tsutomu Aoto (Car Designer), Kiyokazu Maki (Coachbuilder), Noriyoshi Kurihara (Car Designer), Masatsugu Arimoto (Design Journalist), Toshiaki Sato (Product Designer), Hayato Furusho (Freelancer Writer), Hironobu Matsunaga (Car Styling Chief Editor).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8192785.html

Last edited:
i1tZFmuflqaZDG.jpg

TOKYO, Japan (January 23, 2016) – Gran Turismo was presented with the Golden Marker Special Award at this year’s ceremony of the Japan Car Design Awards held at The Gallery Too in the Minato district. Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi was on hand to accept the prestigious trophy.

According to the judges, Gran Turismo was recognized for working effectively with the world’s most reputed brands since 2013 and “being an instrument to teach how to drive a car for those who are below the legal driving age” and “for educating about cars in general.” They also noted how the popular driving game provided opportunities to car designers around the world to express their wildest imaginations, while broadening the vision of the market.

2015-2016 Japan Car Design Awards

The Award Winners
- Golden Marker Award for Production Cars: Mazda CX-3
- Golden Marker Award for Concept Cars: Yamaha Sports Ride Concept
- Golden Clay Award: Mazda RX-Vision
- Golden Marker Special Award: Gran Turismo

The Judges
Head Judge: Kyoichi Yamaguchi (Motor Journalist)
Judges: Hideo Kodama (Car Designer), Tsutomu Aoto (Car Designer), Kiyokazu Maki (Coachbuilder), Noriyoshi Kurihara (Car Designer), Masatsugu Arimoto (Design Journalist), Toshiaki Sato (Product Designer), Hayato Furusho (Freelancer Writer), Hironobu Matsunaga (Car Styling Chief Editor).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8192785.html

The event was hosted by the magazine Car Styling, one of my favourite car design magazines :)

Check it out if you're interested in car design: https://www.carstylingmag.com/

I'm pretty sure VGT has evolved from an early GT6 project to an on-going collab project with the Gran Turismo franchise as a whole. I don't think anymore content is coming to GT6.

I'm pretty sure VGT has evolved from an early GT6 project to an on-going collab project with the Gran Turismo franchise as a whole. I don't think anymore content is coming to GT6.

That's a pity. As I said before, if so they should just remove the bloody extra "coming soon" slots that taking up about half of the VGT section already and call that George instead of trying to fool up people. At least it will seem more credible.

The only gear was drive, it was not as fast as I expected, and was somewhat hard to control. This was a demo build at the Chicago Autoshow.

...Okay, thanks. Out of curiosity, was it a GT6, or a GT:S build? :mischievous:

It looked like GT6. Still had flickering shadows.

...:irked:

Thanks for the update. I got a little more excited than I should be - ah well.

Single gear, eh. The car's supposed to be a hydrogen fuel cell powered, so that sounds about right. Although, I thought it was a mock LMP1 type car like LM55.

Back