The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Well, it could be Italdesign's VGT project, but again, unless we got proper confirmation fron PD themselves (i.e. a news article announcing the car's unveiling as a Vision GT project), we can't be 100% sure of such. That thought did cross my mind when I heard about the concept in a car magazine's article regarding Geneva...

Capture.PNG
lol.PNG
Ross and Bell.PNG
Ross Bell.PNG

1486c327193535.56361447a972e.jpg
e0d6c127193535.56361d3e0bfdb(1).jpg
eb70c427193535.563614404c305.jpg
54dff827193535.5636144042486(1).jpg

80cd3530242805.561a4b071317e.jpg
D-Type.PNG
Jag.PNG
Jag2.PNG
Jag3.PNG
JagA.PNG
JagB.PNG
JagC.PNG

Not sure if these are actually going to make it into the game, as some are mere thesis projects.​

The Skoda has been posted before, and it was confirmed as nothing more than a college project (a good one mind you, but a college project nonetheless). Bell & Ross's has been announced as having ties to Gran Turismo (according to information posted on the GTSport main thread), while the Jag belongs to Felipe Amback, another Design graduate with no ties to Jaguar.

If anything, only Bell & Ross's project is a true VGT from what I gathered (seeing that it has its own teaser trailer), and that is by far the most shocking of all things...

Bell & Ross's has been announced as having ties to Gran Turismo (according to information posted on the GTSport main thread),
Link?
If anything, only Bell & Ross's project is a true VGT from what I gathered (seeing that it has its own teaser trailer), and that is by far the most shocking of all things...
Ummm... having a teaser doesn't make it a VGT.

Edited my post with the link others have mentioned.

Ummm... having a teaser doesn't make it a VGT.

Well, it makes the project slightly more credible than solely design sketches, don't you think? But again, we have to wait and see whether or not these ties are official or mere media misguidance. I am just going by what TF1 is claming, and to their credit, they did catch a glimpse of Alpine's final VGT design before its unveiling... But don't worry, I do have my salt shaker at hand.

Well, it makes the project slightly more credible than solely design sketches, don't you think? But again, we have to wait and see whether or not these ties are official or mere media misguidance. I am just going by what TF1 is claming, and to their credit, they did catch a glimpse of Alpine's final VGT design before its unveiling... But don't worry, I do have my salt shaker at hand.
Yeah, it's more credible as a concept car, but that still doesn't mean squat in relation to being a VGT.

Personally, I think it's not a VGT, beacuse there is no single mention of Gran Turismo in teaser or sketches.
So the whole source of this hype is an article mentioning Gran Turismo 6 without elaborating any details?

Yeah, I'm not convinced either...

Keep in mind that TF1 was the first source to reveal the Alpine VGT, which did end up happening. Also, TF1 is quite a reputable news source in France, so I'd say it's likely that it is, in fact, going to be a VGT.

Plus, I think they added a "GT" designation to the name (which wasn't there in the design sketch) for a reason... and I don't think it's because this is a Grand Tourer.

Also,

Not sure if these are actually going to make it into the game, as some are mere thesis projects.​

Yeah, it's more credible as a concept car, but that still doesn't mean squat in relation to being a VGT.

So the whole source of this hype is an article mentioning Gran Turismo 6 without elaborating any details?

Yeah, I'm not convinced either...

There are quite a lot of details in that article actually... like how this car will also debut at the Festival Automobile International (which is sponsored by Bell & Ross) this year, which is where the Alpine VGT was revealed last year.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that TF1 was the first source to reveal the Alpine VGT, which did end up happening. Also, TF1 is quite a reputable news source in France, so I'd say it's likely that it is, in fact, going to be a VGT.
Difference being an Alpine VGT was confirmed before they leaked photos of it.

Plus, I think they added a "GT" designation to the name (which wasn't there in the design sketch) for a reason... and I don't think it's because this is a Grand Tourer.
Wow, your logic is seriously flawed. GT doesn't have to relate to either Grand Touring or Gran Turismo nowadays, it's just a marketing tag.
There are quite a lot of details in that article actually... like how this car will also debut at the Festival Automobile International (which is sponsored by Bell & Ross) this year, which is where the Alpine VGT was revealed last year.
I should elaborate, details of it being for Gran Turismo.

Wow, your logic is seriously flawed. GT doesn't have to relate to either Grand Touring or Gran Turismo nowadays, it's just a marketing tag.

Except I'm not saying "Look, it's Gran Turismo-related because it says GT!!"... I'm making observations after a reputable source stated that this car was a Vision GT. The car was originally named "Aerocar", but is now debuting as AeroGT with TF1 is saying it's a VGT... doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Anyhow, March 16th is around the corner, so we'll see.

Except I'm not saying "Look, it's Gran Turismo-related because it says GT!!"... I'm making observations after a reputable source stated that this car was a Vision GT. The car was originally named "Aerocar", but is now debuting as AeroGT with TF1 is saying it's a VGT... doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Anyhow, March 16th is around the corner, so we'll see.
Well, my point was GT is a meaningless tag, this is after you mentioned it being there for a reason other than the car being a Grand Tourer.

As for the source? Sure it's reputable but not going into any specifics other than saying it's for GT6 doesn't inspire confidence.

Well, the myth has seemingly been busted; Bell & Ross's concept is real, but it is not a Vision GT. Its press release does not feature any GT mentions nor does its teaser video. Not that I was expecting it to be part of the project from the get go, but there was some mystery behind it due to TF1's claims of the car being denoted as such. But as it stands, the AeroGT seems to be nothing more than an elaborate marketing scheme with ties to the brand's latest set of limited edition watches...

*Sigh* Are people so desperate that posting anything designed by some college kid is them somehow breaking news of a new VGT?

Last edited:
It's like nobody even tries anymore...

It would hurt less if there was a lack of information regarding the car, adding a cloud of doubts over its credibility (or lack thereof), but the article is so blunt there is no reason to think that this project is official. I mean, look at the very first sentence;

The Lamborghini Missile is a concept car from South Korean designer industrial design student Youngjai Jun.

I mean, this is not even a red flag, it's an entire factory that produces them...

*Sigh* Are people so desperate that posting anything designed by some college kid is them somehow breaking news of a new VGT?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how are they supposed to know they were drawn by a college kid?

PS: we are desperate

By the way, I just went to the website for the New York Auto Show, and noticed that Hyundai is having the Hyundai Racing Experience. When I read the description, however, I noticed that, "attendees will be able to test their gaming skills while driving the GT 2025 in the current version of Gran Turismo 6 for Sony PlayStation 3." It may be possible that the Hyundai Vision GT is playable, but I do not know for sure and not getting my hopes up since it might be just a typo on the site. Here is the link:

http://www.autoshowny.com/events/hyundai-racing-experience/

I plan on going on Saturday to the show to see what is going on at the booth, but if anyone previously discussed this, please disregard. I did a quick search in the forum and did not see this posted.

By the way, I just went to the website for the New York Auto Show, and noticed that Hyundai is having the Hyundai Racing Experience. When I read the description, however, I noticed that, "attendees will be able to test their gaming skills while driving the GT 2025 in the current version of Gran Turismo 6 for Sony PlayStation 3." It may be possible that the Hyundai Vision GT is playable, but I do not know for sure and not getting my hopes up since it might be just a typo on the site. Here is the link:

http://www.autoshowny.com/events/hyundai-racing-experience/

I plan on going on Saturday to the show to see what is going on at the booth, but if anyone previously discussed this, please disregard. I did a quick search in the forum and did not see this posted.
The Hyudai VGT www playable at the Chicago Autoshow so I'd assume it would be there too. It was not a pleasant car to drive in my opinion. It was way too twitchy.

The Hyudai VGT www playable at the Chicago Autoshow so I'd assume it would be there too. It was not a pleasant car to drive in my opinion. It was way too twitchy.

Thanks for the info. Sorry I did not see your posts about it earlier when I was searching for the information on the car. I will see if I can get video from my phone when I drive the car, but I cannot guarantee it.

We know at least two are finished and have been playable at games shows for months, but haven't been added to the game, nor has anything else since September 2015. The newest car of any kind was June 2015. Seems pretty safe to say they're done.

I think the only slim possibility is that when they inevitably debut in GTS they are simultaneously added on GT6. There won't be any more exclusive to GT6 though, I'm pretty sure.

I asked exactly this question to GT's facebook page a week ago, but there is no "answer Friday" this time. Maybe tomorrow.
Couldn't you just use common sense to answer the question?

I mean there are quite a few companies who haven't submitted their VGT cars.

Latest Posts

Back