The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Last edited:
I give you the BMW
Screenshot_2014-05-14-10-08-10.png

i1kLWn1gYQtCH.jpg
i1lJ1P6UpraWb.jpg

A powerful three-litre six-cylinder inline engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology delivers a maximum power of 404 kW/541 BHP between 6,200 rpm and 7,300 rpm. Its peak torque of 680 Nm/69 kgfm is developed at just 1,900 rpm. A sequential six-speed transmission, operated by gearshift paddles on the steering wheel, distributes engine power to the driven rear axle.

The outstanding performance characteristics of the BMW Vision Gran Turismo, which weighs only 1,180 kilograms, include perfect 50:50 axle load distribution.

I like that the headlights are shaped like the "V" in the word Vision. Or is that just me / coincidence? Thought it was similar to what Mercedes did with the 4 playstation symbols in the headlight trim.

Sigh.

BMW, you could have made anything you wanted. ANYTHING.

So you make an M3 with a widebody kit. Woo. Colour me unexcited.

I didn't really like the look of the Merc either, to be honest, but at least it was radical and unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It was a true expression of a designer letting themselves go. It was a refreshing look at what a car could be like if money and real world considerations were no object at all, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I expect to be pilloried for not liking it, but there you have it. I expect someone to have made that bodykit for an M3 within a month.

Sigh.

BMW, you could have made anything you wanted. ANYTHING.

So you make an M3 with a widebody kit. Woo. Colour me unexcited.

I didn't really like the look of the Merc either, to be honest, but at least it was radical and unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It was a true expression of a designer letting themselves go. It was a refreshing look at what a car could be like if money and real world considerations were no object at all, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I expect to be pilloried for not liking it, but there you have it. I expect someone to have made that bodykit for an M3 within a month.

An M3 with a wide body kit?

It's clearly an M235i Racing with an even wider body kit :D

BMW_M235i_Racing_1.jpg.resource.1390227700932.jpg

edit: yeah, it looks nothing like an M3 BTW..

i1kLWn1gYQtCH.jpg
i1lJ1P6UpraWb.jpg

A powerful three-litre six-cylinder inline engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology delivers a maximum power of 404 kW/541 BHP between 6,200 rpm and 7,300 rpm. Its peak torque of 680 Nm/69 kgfm is developed at just 1,900 rpm. A sequential six-speed transmission, operated by gearshift paddles on the steering wheel, distributes engine power to the driven rear axle.

The outstanding performance characteristics of the BMW Vision Gran Turismo, which weighs only 1,180 kilograms, include perfect 50:50 axle load distribution.

The bodykit reminds me of a modern version of this.

sunday-historics-09-37.jpg

edit: yeah, it looks nothing like an M3 BTW..

640px-2009_BMW_M3_coupe.jpg

You see what you want to see.

The Merc looked nothing like any Merc ever produced before, that I'm aware of anyway.

The BMW VGT is very, very clearly strongly related to the BMW 3 series. You could make the argument that the nose is more Z4 than M3, but the overall style of the thing screams M3 to me. It could be a design prototype for the next M3, and I wouldn't see anything odd about that. Pull off the wing, narrow the flares down a bit and pull the splitter/diffuser up so that they'd clear road bumps and it'd make a fine M3.

But hey, if you think it looks nothing like an M3, then each to their own. Some people also think all 911s are very distinct, and others find them to have very similar design.

Back