The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
It's not on your system, the slot for it and is for file dump. There's nothing there to generate it's existence besides text.

To come up with a theory on how it's funded? These never work out,

ok, nevermind ... not on the system fair enough, i still think everything is already available at PD ... else they would never have presented it already .... I just think there are requirements on when they release which content ... probably commercial reasons

They have never failed to bring something they said they would bring ... yes often with a certain delay ... which takes ages in some cases .... but they will bring the content ...

What I tried to bring across as a suggestion is that the manufacturers have a say in when to release it as well and they probably paid to be involved also ... you don't think we are the only ones paying for the game right?

That's something I didn't imply .... I think its already on your system, just not unlocked yet ..... I'm only suggesting how they could have funded it ...

edit: I didn't say or mean to say the very first few vgt cars depended on sales ... I think the ones we are waiting on did ...
We only have 1 vgt so so we're waiting for 27 more. I doubt anything but the merc was already there.

They have never failed to bring something they said they would bring ... yes often with a certain delay ... which takes ages in some cases .... but they will bring the content ...

They most certainly have, unless you're going to use the caveat that until the world ends they haven't failed to bring them.

GT5 was meant to have matchmaking online, it never got it and I'm pretty sure they won't add it before the servers go offline in May. There was also a "GT Drivers Club" advertised as coming soon, never to be heard of again. Those are just two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

They most certainly have, unless you're going to use the caveat that until the world ends they haven't failed to bring them.

GT5 was meant to have matchmaking online, it never got it and I'm pretty sure they won't add it before the servers go offline in May. There was also a "GT Drivers Club" advertised as coming soon, never to be heard of again. Those are just two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.
I completely agree ... I meant anything presented in game ... teased in-game ... has always been delivered ... I'm just as upset as you guys with the current content and state of GT6 ...

I completely agree ... I meant anything presented in game ... teased in-game ... has always been delivered ... I'm just as upset as you guys with the current content and state of GT6 ...

GT Drivers Club was teased in game, in the notification thing of GT5. Not that it was going to be anything amazing, more than likely.

GT Drivers Club was teased in game, in the notification thing of GT5. Not that it was going to be anything amazing, more than likely.
I didn't know that ... my mistake.

Yawn... give up on GT6 people... total waste of time. GT7 won't be much better.

Personally, I'm more gutted that Project Cars has been ditched for PS3.

GT lost their way time ago, it's not even remotely a racing game anymore... fancy snowless slalom driving is all it is these days...

still waiting on 95% of the Vision cars, no drivers club, no b spec mode still and for this day and age a truly shockingly bad damage engine.... i mean it's not even remotely good in ANY sense... oh that panel really does look like it's got a tiny ding in it though... yeah, but that was the result of a 200mph crash!!

GT have lost their way, Grid 2 sucked and I'm not (yet) prepared to switch to Xbox just for Forza. If I get a PS4 it will be Project Cars and fingers crosses ALL THE WAY.

Heck not even tacking advantage of the money glitch is enough to save this game anymore....

Thanks for the memories Gran Turismo/Polyphony over the years, but the signs were there in GT4 and prologue that maybe their time was passing and in hindsight, they are now a long way behind the competition, Gran Turismo you are now officially dead to me.

This is not new.......

From the official site:

"The worlds automotive manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Gran Turismo's one after another. Vision Gran Turismo is a 15th anniversary festival that will be hosted by automotive manufacturers, Gran Turismo, and users around the globe. The cars delivered will appear one after another in Gran Turismo 6, and as everyone drives these cars, the ring of the festival will continue to grow.

So, they really only exaggerated 3 words... what's the big deal??!!

You borrow me some money and I agree to pay it all off in monthly installments. After 2 months I stop paying you completely and make no attempt to explain why...what's the big deal?

The big deal is after four months most players have lost interest in the game, so for the manufacturers the advertising aspect of this project is gone. For players that have stuck around it's just more frustration and discontent towards PD.

You borrow me some money and I agree to pay it all off in monthly installments. After 2 months I stop paying you completely and make no attempt to explain why...what's the big deal?

Yah, I was kidding above. But your analogy doesn't quite fit. Now if you said, you borrow me some money with terms for repayment that were vague at best.... and then I stop receiving payment with no explanation. I get annoyed BUT then remember that you've been a horrible lender over the last 10 years and that I should have learned to not borrow money from a snake. THAT makes more sense, but its not a big deal and certainly not a surprise.

This is hilarious. What have PD got themselves into. There failing so hard, I can't even laugh anymore. Kaz was soooo touched by the car manufacturers making VGT cars, but all he got was one car and the rest ditched him. HAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:

This is hilarious. What have PD got themselves into. There failing so hard, I can't even laugh anymore. Kaz was soooo touched by the car manufacturers making VGT cars, but all he got was one car and the rest ditched him. HAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:

Take care Toko, you got no confirmation on that. :dunce:

Yah, I was kidding above. But your analogy doesn't quite fit. Now if you said, you borrow me some money with terms for repayment that were vague at best.... and then I stop receiving payment with no explanation. I get annoyed BUT then remember that you've been a horrible lender over the last 10 years and that I should have learned to not borrow money from a snake. THAT makes more sense, but its not a big deal and certainly not a surprise.

"one VGT car right after another, monthly DLC tracks etc etc."
So vague it hurts.

one after another.... yep, we've got one, are they lying if its one more a year from now?
A year!? I know it wasn't me you were quoting, but everybody will be playing different games (better games) by the time that happens, just sayin. :\

I just noticed that the VGT description was changed on the GT website. I quoted the description in the other VGT thread just 9 days ago:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-second-vision-gran-turismo-car.293709/page-9#post-9581978

The text then was:

Over 20 of the world leading companies in the automotive industry have designed special cars for Gran Turismo, celebrating its 15th anniversary. Over the course of approximately 1 year, cars from each company will be provided one by one in the game. This is a festival of cars only possible to experience within Gran Turismo.

Now the new paragraph reads as follows:

The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring cars in succession. “Vision Gran Turismo” is a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe. The cars presented will appear one after another in Gran Turismo 6, and as those cars will be driven by more and more people, the festival will get bigger and bigger.

I guess plans have changed yet again at PD. :lol:

I'd love to know what PD things of the whole VGT thing in GT6, if they're happy with it or what. It sounded grandiose but the implementation of it has felt so empty, like an afterthought no one cares about now. I'm puzzled by the whole thing. I hope there is at least ONE new car for VGT at some point. GT6 needs something positive and I hope it gets it soon. :indiff:

I just noticed that the VGT description was changed on the GT website. I quoted the description in the other VGT thread just 9 days ago:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-second-vision-gran-turismo-car.293709/page-9#post-9581978

The text then was:

Wow, Well spotted. So they're going to appear one after the other instead of one by one in GT6 now, well that's good to know... 1 per year it is!

The text then was:

Okay, BUT!:

The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring cars in succession. “Vision Gran Turismo” is a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe. The cars presented will appear one after another in Gran Turismo 6, and as those cars will be driven by more and more people, the festival will get bigger and bigger.

The manufacturers who have answered our call
who have answered our call
who have answered our call

The manufacturers' list is still the same :) Oh well, must be a matter of time :lol:

"who have answered our call"

scenario 1:
*ring ring*
*company picks up phone*
"Hello, this is Polyphony Digital, creators of Gran T-"
*hangs up*

scenario 2:
*ring ring*
*company picks up phone*
"yeah yeah yeah, whatever. sure okay whatever"
"thank you so much. You just need to make a few concept c-"
*hangs up*

"who have answered our call"

scenario 1:
*ring ring*
*company picks up phone*
*hangs up*

scenario 2:
*ring ring*
*company picks up phone*
"yeah yeah yeah, whatever. sure okay whatever"
"thank you so much. You just need to make a few concept c-"
*hangs up*
crying.gif

I'd love to know what PD things of the whole VGT thing in GT6, if they're happy with it or what. It sounded grandiose but the implementation of it has felt so empty, like an afterthought no one cares about now. I'm puzzled by the whole thing. I hope there is at least ONE new car for VGT at some point. GT6 needs something positive and I hope it gets it soon. :indiff:
I'd like to know what PD thinks of ANYTHING. Are the sound guys happy? What do the AI coders think of AI in GT6? GT/PD has one spokesman (two if you count his translator) and most of what he says is cryptic or misleading *laughs*.

Back