The Second Vision Gran Turismo car

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by SnakeOfBacon, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Cristobal1234

Cristobal1234

2. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

If PD can continue at this rate we might have all the VGT's before 2025

3. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

And that's being very hopeful. Realistically? Maybe 2050.

ukfan758, Jose Frias, JackC8 and 4 others like this.
  4. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

FTFY :rolleyes:

Anyway, what matters now is that we can be 99% certain that the next Vision GT car is going to be from BMW, now we can all sit and wait.

5. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

1 car /4 months = 28 cars/x months

I'll wait.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Lord Protector likes this.
  6. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Fair enough, but consider that releases could be much closer together eventually.

7. DingoDile

DingoDile

Maybe they want to celebrate 20th anniversary with VGTs in 2018! :D
    Seriously where are those cars?!! I think we will receive them in 5,6 car packages, not like Mercedes Benz VGT.

georgetigra likes this.
  8. Imari

Imari

And as soon as that starts happening, we'll all start revising the multi-year estimates downwards. At the current rate, they're looking at damn near 10 years to get them all out.

JackC8 and SnakeOfBacon like this.
  9. Samus

Samus

278 days until 01/01/15, 27 cars left. They need to average one every ten days if they want to get them all done this year, which I believe was the original plan?

10. JER_CREST

JER_CREST Premium

There is hidden Audi S1 Group B Base model and Audi R18 Base model can somebody post pics of those?

Lubeify100 likes this.
  11. Akira AC

Akira AC

I think is not PD problem, but rather the manufactures problem since they are the ones giving the CAD files to PD so they can convert them and code them for GT6 engine use.

Still, doesn't justify the delay of the glorified track editor, which can be all just thin air since no a single THING has been said from PD since release.

12. Samus

Samus

But we don't have enough data to decide whose fault it is. PD could have had the CAD models for a few months for all we know and they just haven't modeled them yet. I'm not saying that is the case, and you could be right, but we don't have enough information to make the judgement on who is at fault.

Zelalem likes this.
  13. Akira AC

Akira AC

Well, as far as I read it was PD asking manufactures for collaboration.

They responded with a few sketches since like ... October last year, VGT was released circa December, and still lacks the interior which was sketched, but not modelled. Having said that ... the Merc lacks the interior, and images and sketches of it suggested an existing interior design, plus they released the M4 with no interior, to then giving it one once the car's interior was accessible.

No idea what to make out of it, the Toyota and the M4 were nearly available once they were shown in Detroit Motor Show, like everything PD is all over the place with this.

14. Zelalem

Zelalem

PD could have 100 concept pictures of a VGT car and don't release them in the game, because the car is not finished yet. As Samus said... We don't know whose fault it is. It is possible that some manufactures only will make cars under certain conditions, in my opinion. For example: Sell 3 million copies of GT6.

15. Cjamesdixie01

Cjamesdixie01 (Banned)

Subaru's Vision GT looks like a Touring car concept!

16. Beat the Beat

Beat the Beat

Yes their website says 'The cars will be released by Polyphony Digital from 2013 to 2014' and has a quote from Kaz saying something similar.

17. Squach240

Squach240

Plans changed. Plans always change. You don't know if the things have been pushed forward (which they have, obviously), because if I also serve my memory right. PD does not control the release of these things.

This isn't like Forza or NFS where the supported title life is exactly 1 year.

SnakeOfBacon likes this.
  18. Harsk100

Harsk100

19. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

20. omgsean1

omgsean1

Delete

Harsk100 likes this.
  21. Harsk100

Harsk100

22. machschnel

machschnel

I think that might be because their DLC "season" starts relatively close to the games release date, not.... what is it now, 5 months nearly?

You can support a game for years, but if you wait too long to start releasing content, most people would have already moved on.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  23. Harsk100

Harsk100

But I heard that May 1st, we will have Senna's content... I hope that PD follows their word...

24. pyrates

pyrates

From the GT website:

So yeah they are actually supposed to come within a year.

25. machschnel

machschnel

The problem is most Gran Turismo players wouldn't know that. They wait a few months, check the PS Store (find nothing) and trade it in for the new flavor of the month.

26. BadDragonzxD999

BadDragonzxD999

I'm not way too optimistic about the DLC or Vision GT.. We get things way later than it should of been. :indiff: Either they don't have lots of staff, maybe they are too lazy and uncomunicative, or they just focus on GT7 way too much, that the GT6 gets forgotten in the dust. I think we get atleast some decent DLC in Autumn, Christmas or next year... (sorry, I am tired. I got to go to sleep badly.)

27. Gwenbors

Gwenbors

From the top it kind of reminds me of the Firebender masks from "Avatar."

firebender.jpg

audi5C and MrYasser like this.
  28. TurismoBad

TurismoBad

My speculation:

Patch the game first - course creator, online community, possibly other things and THEN start releasing VGTs so that the game can be advertised better alongside them in the press.

"Here we can see the new VGT car on a track made in GT6 course creator"

"BMW VGT with custom livery in GT6" etc

"Lamborghini VGT showcasing amazing GT6 sound update"

Let a man dream :drool:

29. Ferrari458Italia

Ferrari458Italia Premium

Well they did say a big patch is coming for Ayrton Senna 20 year tribute, so I wonder if we will get a lot more than just Ayrton Senna stuff.. like say course creator and such

30. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

It will happen.