• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,462 comments
2022-bmw-m3-touring-spied-testing-nurburgring-4.jpg

BMW M3 Touring 2022

iu

RS4 2018

View attachment 968444

Definitely digging those polycasts.
The 1978-1981 generation of A (later renamed G) platform cars are just about my favorite generation of all GM cars. Properly downsized, 500-1000 lbs less and a foot shorter than the previous generation. Clean, crisp styling. Still RWD for maximum fun and hotrod-ability.

1978 Chevrolet Malibu wagon

The 1978-1981 generation of A (later renamed G) platform cars are just about my favorite generation of all GM cars. Properly downsized, 500-1000 lbs less and a foot shorter than the previous generation. Clean, crisp styling. Still RWD for maximum fun and hotrod-ability.

1978 Chevrolet Malibu wagon
I go back and forth between them and the Colonnades when it comes to preference.

Hard to say where either sits for me in the grand scheme of things, but I know I prefer A-bodies from the late '60s and into the '70s before the Colonnades came around.

Admittedly I'm on a bit of an A/G kick right now, but I'm also looking to the Colonnades for something else.

The 500B looks more like a truck, to be honest...all big and boxy...:lol:

iu

1998 Suz-ki Cultus
iu

1959 Edsel Villager (I talked about wanting to do a resto-mod of this car in another thread and in doing so, pissing off Monty Hall because he hated this car)
iu

1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V Cartier Wagon
iu

1966 Plymouth Fury Wagon :mischievous:

VXR
A Hurst Vista Cruiser? I think the wagon might have peaked there and it's all been irrelevant since.
'69 was the peak for Cutlass. Miss my '69 coupe.

A couple Buicks. One of my cousin's built a '72 back in the early '80s. Had a water bed and tv in the back. Keystone Classics on BFGs. Painted the top half of the car black(including painting the windows :lol: ) and kept the wood grain on the bottom. Oh, it was ugly, but loud with the 455.
images - 2020-11-11T053614.111.jpeg
images - 2020-11-11T053656.343.jpeg

Being that FCA seems to be focusing on making SRT and other performance versions of every car in its lineup, I honestly think it's a possibility that a Charger-based Magnum would return to the market.

Did FCA ever make a SRT Caravan?
There was an R/T but no SRT. Caravan is out of production now anyways. Most recent SRT addition was the Durango Hellcat and it seems that an SRT Ram and V8-powered Wrangler (which could be an SRT) is in the works.

Speaking of FCA wagons, Chrysler sold a wagon version of the 300C called the 300C Touring. It was never sold in the US. I saw one once, when I was in Japan in 2010.

Last edited:
^ And because of that, 300C front ends are a direct bolt-on for American-market Magnums. I've seen a couple in person. Early LX Charger front ends are a somewhat-common conversion as well, but the fenders from the two cars have to be cut and blended in a specific way for the body lines to make sense. I was actually considering getting an R/T Magnum when I ended up buying my RSX in '12 and really got into researching that conversion, but the weight of the car kept putting me off. I do so want this, though:

8e34e006811178fa7a88f69e76b818bb.jpg

99c1575aca63041de1c7d29c3859ab54.jpg

While searching for those images, I found this rendering that includes the rear end as well:

2015-dodge-charger-srt-392-driver-profile-in-motion%20copy_zpsglsozmbs.jpg

Another dream wagon of mine, despite needing the manual transmission and V6 that were only sold in the sedan variant. I saw one in traffic the other day that sounded like it was at least manual-converted:

8072597790_267e7c68d6_o.jpg

Latest Posts

Back