The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,462 comments
309A3076-Edit.jpg

Sadly these are only digital renders, but what a great idea. Stick a NASCAR cup car under your Buick Roadmaster. Keep the wood paneling and roof rack and chrome grill. Why not? Created by digital automotive designer Abimelec Arellano (@abimelecdesign), you can find their original Instagram post about it here.

Sadly these are only digital renders, but what a great idea. Stick a NASCAR cup car under your Buick Roadmaster. Keep the wood paneling and roof rack and chrome grill. Why not? Created by digital automotive designer Abimelec Arellano (@abimelecdesign), you can find their original Instagram post about it here.

I’m not sure how much more American you can get.

In 1967 AMC tried something new with their Rebel wagon. In addition to the usual Cross Country wagon, they offered three "regional" models. Each had its own colors, trim, interior, and badging. The Briarcliff was sold in major cities in the Eastern and Southeastern US, the Westerner was sold west of the Mississippi, and the Mariner was sold in major markets on both the east and west coasts. As a marketing tool, it was a success. Not only did they sell each one, but it brought people into showrooms to see what else AMC had to offer.

1967 AMC Rebel Briarcliff. 400 built.

1967 AMC Rebel Westerner. 500 built.

1967 AMC Rebel Mariner. 600 built.

This is the first time that i like Deep Fake...
At the same time, it's frustrating that no one has gone forward to do this in real life yet... This needs to happen !

I've watched a few of his videos. Personally I think he's (way) too concerned about character lines which I think is symptomatic of the current rut automotive design is stuck in...

I noticed that i have agreed pretty much with all your posts on GTP so far, but
Another first time: I respectfully disagree with you and found the Sketch Monkey to be right about character line(S)... i dont always agree with him, but i tend to find cars without character lines to be boring and forgettable...

you are try to convince me otherwise...

In 1967 AMC tried something new with their Rebel wagon. In addition to the usual Cross Country wagon, they offered three "regional" models. Each had its own colors, trim, interior, and badging. The Briarcliff was sold in major cities in the Eastern and Southeastern US, the Westerner was sold west of the Mississippi, and the Mariner was sold in major markets on both the east and west coasts. As a marketing tool, it was a success. Not only did they sell each one, but it brought people into showrooms to see what else AMC had to offer.

1967 AMC Rebel Briarcliff. 400 built.

1967 AMC Rebel Westerner. 500 built.

1967 AMC Rebel Mariner. 600 built.

Why does it say "Rambler" on the front of the hoods ?

I am sorry if i am going to offend anyone here with the following photos (including myself first and foremost), but i find the design of this car to be quite pleasing... if not among the best... This is especially hard to admit personally, because i have this love and hate relationship with Volvo and what the brand stands for:

V90

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Where i am, i barely see any 2020 Lexus LS500, and even less (if any at all) modern recent Volvo SUVs...
it's unfortunate since they are among the best designed cars anywhere/anytime IMHO.

If i could, i would like to own one of these V60/V90 Station Wagons

The V90 is a much better, fully formed designed, as opposed to the V60, which clearly is a scaled down design from the V90 and therefore compromised lines, but both are still beautiful/artful lines over anything on the road right now.

V60

v60-ice-hero-desktop-21x9.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

and if i am really honest, Volvo should be the brand that is the most fervent defender of the Station Wagon.
Volvo, IMO, should put more emphasis on the Station Wagon for all to see, and try to steer people toward these types of vehicle.

When you say Station Wagon, Volvo should be among the top brands

Volvo_V90_4WD_ceika_coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_4WD_with_Ceika_Coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_with_CEIKA_custom_Coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_CEIKA_custom_coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_CEIKA_Custom_coilovers.2_2000x.jpg

We dont see enough of these on the road, and i am very sad... I dislike the popularity of SUVs...

A HellaFlush, tight fit stanced, lowered Cross Country V90 in Atlanta:
lgu80d6a8z151.jpg

1146029-15-2018-v90-volvo-t5-r-design-bc-racing-coilovers-work-zeast-st1-machined-black.jpg

9nDzn48.jpg

On Air:
Volvo%20V90%20AccuAir%20elevel%201221%20wheels%20Toyo%20Proxes%20EOSR6063%20crop.jpg

bba673f340633278f16cdaaa3b73bdda.jpg

When Nash and Hudson merged in the early 1950s, they created the American Motors Corporation. The Nash Rambler was so successful at the time, that Rambler became the brand name replacing both Nash and Hudson. By the mid-1960s, feeling the Rambler name was too old-fashioned, they slowly phased it out in favor of AMC. A lot of AMC cars still had "Rambler" on the hood right up through 1969, I believe.

And there's no need to apologize for liking Volvo's current designs. I would love to own a V90 wagon. It is one of the most beautiful wagons on the market right now.

Last edited:
@kikie posted this in the Car Association thread and I thought it was too good not to share in the wagons thread. It's a Dodge Coronet woody wagon, all packed up and ready for a vacation. I really want to jump in that car and go.

Last edited:
My mother told me some of the station wagons here father owned when she was a kid and teen. He owned multiple Ford Country Squires with the last one being a 1978. She told me she was the one in her family who always had to sit in the back luggage area.
upload_2021-1-31_21-13-53.jpeg

She also told me when she was about 4 or 5 years old, her grandfather owned a black 1949 or 1950 Mercury station wagon. She says she remembers running her hands along the woodgrain paneling.
upload_2021-1-31_21-17-57.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the first time that i like Deep Fake...
At the same time, it's frustrating that no one has gone forward to do this in real life yet... This needs to happen !

I noticed that i have agreed pretty much with all your posts on GTP so far, but
Another first time: I respectfully disagree with you and found the Sketch Monkey to be right about character line(S)... i dont always agree with him, but i tend to find cars without character lines to be boring and forgettable...

you are try to convince me otherwise...

I am sorry if i am going to offend anyone here with the following photos (including myself first and foremost), but i find the design of this car to be quite pleasing... if not among the best... This is especially hard to admit personally, because i have this love and hate relationship with Volvo and what the brand stands for:

V90

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Where i am, i barely see any 2020 Lexus LS500, and even less (if any at all) modern recent Volvo SUVs...
it's unfortunate since they are among the best designed cars anywhere/anytime IMHO.

If i could, i would like to own one of these V60/V90 Station Wagons

The V90 is a much better, fully formed designed, as opposed to the V60, which clearly is a scaled down design from the V90 and therefore compromised lines, but both are still beautiful/artful lines over anything on the road right now.

V60

v60-ice-hero-desktop-21x9.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

Default.jpg

and if i am really honest, Volvo should be the brand that is the most fervent defender of the Station Wagon.
Volvo, IMO, should put more emphasis on the Station Wagon for all to see, and try to steer people toward these types of vehicle.

When you say Station Wagon, Volvo should be among the top brands

Volvo_V90_4WD_ceika_coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_4WD_with_Ceika_Coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_with_CEIKA_custom_Coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_CEIKA_custom_coilovers_2000x.jpg

Volvo_V90_CEIKA_Custom_coilovers.2_2000x.jpg

We dont see enough of these on the road, and i am very sad... I dislike the popularity of SUVs...

A HellaFlush, tight fit stanced, lowered Cross Country V90 in Atlanta:
lgu80d6a8z151.jpg

1146029-15-2018-v90-volvo-t5-r-design-bc-racing-coilovers-work-zeast-st1-machined-black.jpg

9nDzn48.jpg

On Air:
Volvo%20V90%20AccuAir%20elevel%201221%20wheels%20Toyo%20Proxes%20EOSR6063%20crop.jpg

bba673f340633278f16cdaaa3b73bdda.jpg
It's a shame Nissan are in the state they're in. Could make a great case for a new Stagea. The Volvos look very similar. Imagine a current NISMO Stagea.
Stagea-015.jpg

Back