The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,460 comments
Not only Audi wagons have 5 cylinder engines ... (and about 300 hp and AWD powertrain in estate wagons)

Volvo V70R stock Exhaust sound - YouTube

Volvo V70 R.jpg

1983 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit Estate. It was auctioned off by Auctionata about six years ago. Per Petrolicious, the name of the original owner and the coach builder who did the conversion were not listed in the auction listing (and that listing is no longer available), but we do know the buyer had it converted to an estate to serve as race support for his auto racing endeavors. As such, it got an integrated trailer hitch and self-leveling suspension. For unknown reasons, he also had the venerable Rolls-Royce 6¾ liter V8 converted to run on Liquified Petroleum Gas aka LPG. The owner put over 80,000 miles on it, so it didn’t just take up room in the garage. I think the lines of the car are excellent, and I am especially fond of the ebony on light olive green two tone paint. The car was listed with a £10,000 minimum, it was expected to go for £20,000, but ended up being gaveled at €34,500 (approximately £39,900 or $41,600.)

Last edited:
That's a fairly nice green, really wish BMW sold Tourings in North America again...

Last edited:
Love the ashtrays in the back and only the vent windows open. 🤣
Was murder in my Grandfather's Cutlass Supreme 4-door, during Orlando Summers. :mad:

1644265122672.png

1644265242510.png

r21txi.png

1644265758437.png

Renault 21 TXI Quadra Nevada. This is rarer than Turbo and Turbo Quadra by lot. The green picture was made by myself with paint from brochures. R21 Alize and Nevada Turbos and Turbo Quadras would be interesting machines. R21 is generally rare, but many were abused very much.

VH Valiant
1644889986431-png.1114299
I'm familiar enough with the fastback and the sedan, but I don't think I've ever seen a wagon. That's ****ing fantastic! It manages to retain the sporty styling of the fastback and not get all frumpy toward the rear like the more-door does. I love that it also has the wind deflector on the roof like the US market fuselage longroofs instead of the pillar deflectors used on the Aussie Safaris.

I'm digging that hearse too but the front end lets it down. It could use VE or even US market '67 Plymouth Valiant sheetmetal.

plymouth-valiant-v100-signet-10567-1510674203.jpeg

Edit: I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to pull off the styling of that VH wagon.

:lol:

It's obviously no shorter than the sedan or hardtop. It doesn't have the fastback's short wheelbase to take advantage of, but I guess being a wagon means the crease in the haunches doesn't have to drop off as much when it doesn't have a trunklid.

I kind of need one now.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back