The Walking Dead *spoiler alert*TV 

• Thread starter slims
  • 859 comments
look, honestly cliffhangers are fine if it set a purpose for season 7 story. In this case it's a cheap way to make the audience interested. Gimple said that the death will be the start of the story in season 7. Well guess what ? Showing the death in season 6 finale could also kickstart season 7 !

I cannot fathom what is up with Gimple and the writers.

Gimple said that the death will be the start of the story in season 7. Well guess what ? Showing the death in season 6 finale could also kickstart season 7 !

I cannot fathom what is up with Gimple and the writers.

Kirkman defended it the same way,saying the comics end on cliffhangers too and you wait 6 months too.

But issue n°100, made it very clear at the end who died. And guess what, I was more hyped, it had more suspense and that scene made quite the impression with people.

Still really pissed that they managed to make an iconic scene into a cheap shock fest intended for season 7 premiere views.

Still can't end a season properly, good show AMC.

The next episode has the potential to piss off the fans in ways the writers can't even imagine, effectively turning what could be one memorable episode into, arguably, the worst two episodes of the show.

Thank God I stopped watching the series, I'm only interested in the season finales now.

It's a good thing that they amped up the acting a little bit in the finale. Makes me interested in Rick vs Negan live version. But i'm not gonna watch it in the same manner i used to. I thought Dumpster fake death was ridiculous and i didn't even watch TWD back then.

It was a great season, especially the second half, but that last episode with the 6 month cliff hanger left a bad taste in my mouth. It's one thing to do it when I have to wait a week or hell, when there's a two month break that splits the season in half, but this is ridiculous. Everyone will know who it was anyway when one actor inexplicably doesn't need to shoot scenes for the next 6 months.

The Negan scene was pretty good though. Talking Dead said it took 15 hours and all the actors were there the whole time to endure it.

Anybody watch the Comic Con interviews ? They're not even trying to hide it. Two certain people aren't too happy to be there.

Can we assume that Season 6 will end up on Netflix around the same time Season 7 debuts?
Almost finished with S6 now. They put them up last week. Episode 13 was fantastic.

Edit: was that Trevor from GTAV in the last episode?

Last edited:
Just in case...

So pretty much every person speculating as to who was going to die ended up being right. Doesn't make it any easier though. I know it will be a long time for this to sort itself out, but I can't wait for Rick's group to get payback for tonight. I have a feeling that Carol and Morgan may have something to do with it.

Thanks to Sling for the free preview. :P (even though I missed the first 15 minutes downloading their app...)

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but I wasn't expecting the outcome.

I stopped watching two seasons ago (it just got so monotonous), but I've quickly looked on Youtube.

Yep, figured.

Putting my thoughts in spoiler.
They did a good job playing both sides of the coin with all the debate around whether or not they would follow the comics with Lucille. The scene between Rick & Coral had to be the most intense scene in a very long time as well. Negan is definitely the best villain the show has ever had; absolutely ruthless.

Bit of a shame, that.

In that the first death we were teased with was so swiftly overshadowed by the graphically accurate second many expected to be the cliffhanger death scene. I don't imagine it added any gravity to Abraham's demise compared to his fate in the comic either. But for the episode itself it did help add some emphasis to the bleak outlook from the start, even though I'm not convinced it was necessary given everything else that happened later to convince us of Negan's ruthlessness.

Back