The wierdest or most unique car you've ever Drifted? (Thumbnails)

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by ViXeN, Jun 29, 2005.

1. jayballash

jayballash

I checked out this car, and from the look of it, it looks like it is a pontiac GTO with a different styling package than the american model. and the pontiac GTO is a very driftable car. ( see formula D ). it seems they do this a lot in australia. they take an american model, slightly tweak the styling, and give it a new name.

2. sidewayzinCA

sidewayzinCA

i love your example of furmula D and the GTO being very driftable...LOL!!!

Rhys Millen spent more money on his car than anyone else including Sam Hubinette. that car only resembles a factory GTO, the car has gone through a rediculous amount of R&D and it still is just as good as the competition. Ryhs is a very good driver with a lot of experience coupled with the most expensive and manufacturer supported car in the series he pulls off the wins. the GTO is a piece of ****, you could drift it stock but apparently an expert driver feels that the car is better suite for drifitng when you change everything about the car.

if rhys wasnt gettting the car for free i guarantee that he would be using something else.

3. ferrari_chris

ferrari_chris Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's one of the funniest things I've heard all day! It's good to see you've done some research! :dunce:

The GTO is infact an Australian car exported to the US, and it is the yanks who put on the extra plastic bits, and call it new model.

General Motors Holden designed the Monaro, and built the chassis. The Americans liked the look of it, and decided if they put plastic bumpers on it, they can call it a new GTO.

It seems they do that a lot in the US - take another model, slightly tweak the styling, and give it a new name...

4. jayballash

jayballash

well excuuuuuusssee me!! :sly: lol well, thanks for the info on that. ill keep that in mind :tup:

5. sidewayzinCA

sidewayzinCA

no wonder it looks like **** a company worse than GM designed it... hahah

6. ekmatt9

ekmatt9

got some pics...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. luftrofl

luftrofl

s2k and M3?

I thought this was about cars that are unique :sly:

8. DriftingDreamer

DriftingDreamer

LOL perhaps he is still new to the drifting scene XD
    lol if the car has been drifted by the drift king...it is no longer unique...and i believe the drift king drifted both of those plenty of times

9. luftrofl

luftrofl

No, based on what I've seen him post on other topics, he's just a moron.

10. ekmatt9

ekmatt9

who are you callin' a moron?
    my fault, i thought this was post your drift pics up...i'm sorry i'm not as dumb as you are

11. Diego440

Diego440 Premium

easy, easy.... luftrofl, he's nos a moron, he's just new and hasn't quite got the hang of things... and ekmatt9, this thread is for different/unique cars drifitng, not your average drift wagon.

12. ekmatt9

ekmatt9

i just noticed that, I thought it was the "show off your drift techniques, thumbnail pics" thread...i apoligize since I was so excited about showing off my pics...

13. G-T-4-Fan

G-T-4-Fan

LOL, that part is sooo hilarious:tup::lol:

14. Carlos

Carlos Premium

Is drifting a Lotus Carlton 'unique'? The front of the car is exactly the same as an Opel Kadett.. And that was a sport hatch..

[​IMG]
    AWD drifting, pretty hard to control, but a master, like me :sly: , could do it.. :tup:

(The master thing, was a joke.. k?)

15. Diego440

Diego440 Premium

well, I'm not going to judge since this isn't my thread.... but a Skyline drifting? talk about hegemony.

16. luftrofl

luftrofl

Would you consider a Ginetta G4 as "unique?"

17. Diego440

Diego440 Premium

yeah, I guess... as long as it's a good drift... but I'm thinking the thread looks for "weirder" cars ti be drifted... the Nike One, the Tank Car, and the like. The Ginetta is a funny car, handles great (except on the 'ring, where it's a bouncy bastard), but as far as being driftable? I dunno, let's see...

18. Mad Murphy NZ

Mad Murphy NZ

Not really sure if it's unique or not but an MGF with stage 2 turbo, exhaust, stage 1 weight reduction, sports brakes and SM tyres is awesome to drift. It's the king of long and smokey drifts.

[​IMG]

19. ViXeN

ViXeN

Yeah, most definately...

Lotus Carlton, hmmm, Yeah I guess so...

P.S. it is my thread, so I say they unique... HAHA!!!

20. Diego440

Diego440 Premium

since you were absent , it wouldn't be fair to people having their questions unanswered for so long... still

21. ViXeN

ViXeN

They only posted their Q's yesterday? :indiff:

22. ferrari_chris

ferrari_chris Premium

Been there, done that.

But feel free to post your pics... :tup: :)

23. luftrofl

luftrofl

24. ViXeN

ViXeN

That's cool luftrofl, but you may wanna increase your brightness on the photo's to EV 0.8 - 1.0, that'll make em look better on the PC...

25. GT4HERO

GT4HERO

This is my little land speed breaking lol (51bhp) Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe in a drift with out NOS i think its a great looking car almost a mini version of an old school chevie with the big fanned out fenders were tha brake lights are.

Its a standard drift nothing spectacular i agree but hay try do better
    :dopey:
    [​IMG]
    ? :tup: ? :tdown: ?

26. JTG

JTG

If my old skyline from 1970 unique, i will post pics as soon as i get back home

27. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

I have a few right here for you. :sly:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also the E-Type
    [​IMG]

And my weird contributions: The Nissan Stagea 2.5 RS and the Lotus Carlton.

[​IMG][​IMG]

28. dylansan

dylansan Premium

Been done before, but I wanted to contribute, so here is my deux cheveux (2CV).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

29. spartan.dk

spartan.dk

I've done the caterham, just check my gallery and see the last page.

30. Niels

Niels

Save the pics in much higher quality plz;)

I tested the AC Cobra out yesterday, it's hard to keep a line but it even wants to oversteer at N3 tyres:dopey: