The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
@ Shadynader

Very well said my friend 👍

I was very suprised there wasn't a GT5 online thread so started it. It is odd that it's not gained much interest but I guess we dont have much info to discuss and at least it isn't full of inane chat.

;)

It wouldn't hurt to have improved public relations between PD and the fans/customers either :rolleyes: :lol: Instead we are stuck with an informant (no disrespect) who gives us these cryptic messages which still don't mean much in the end, as PD is up their usual ways of doing things, with countless delays and setbacks on end.

There wouldn't be so much animosity toward toward PD and the subject of GT5 if they could be a bit more loyal and caring to their fanbase (the ones who keep them in business), by providing a bit more info about the game, instead of leaving them out in the cold for years on end. They are so worried about how much money they can possibly make and how much they can fulfill their perfectionist ego's by making the game better than anything else, they could care less about how upset the fans are, as long as they buy the game in the end :ill:

Bravo,sir , bravo.

It wouldn't hurt to have improved public relations between PD and the fans/customers either :rolleyes: :lol: Instead we are stuck with an informant (no disrespect) who gives us these cryptic messages which still don't mean much in the end, as PD is up their usual ways of doing things, with countless delays and setbacks on end.

There wouldn't be so much animosity toward toward PD and the subject of GT5 if they could be a bit more loyal and caring to their fanbase (the ones who keep them in business), by providing a bit more info about the game, instead of leaving them out in the cold for years on end. They are so worried about how much money they can possibly make and how much they can fulfill their perfectionist ego's by making the game better than anything else, they could care less about how upset the fans are, as long as they buy the game in the end :ill:

Bravo,sir , bravo.

Sorry but those sentiments sure as hell do not represent what I feel so speak for yourselves. I believe PD actually cares MORE because of the amount of detail and ungodly amount of immense EFFORT they put INTO making this great game FOR US! Rather than getting some lame @$$ $#@! like Forza every 2 years....I personally don't mind waiting for what will be THE BEST RACING GAME in the history of consoles rivaling PC's in terms of driving physics, track accuracy & DEFINITELY graphics.

Sorry but those sentiments sure as hell do not represent what I feel so speak for yourselves. I believe PD actually cares MORE because of the amount of detail and ungodly amount of immense EFFORT they put INTO making this great game FOR US! Rather than getting some lame @$$ $#@! like Forza every 2 years....I personally don't mind waiting for what will be THE BEST RACING GAME in the history of consoles rivaling PC's in terms of driving physics, track accuracy & DEFINITELY graphics.

And that's where your problem lies. GT is Kazunori's baby. He's trying to create his dream game as best as he can. Making money off of us is a secondary thing.

So was there any point at all to your thread resurrection after 3 and a half months of inactivity, other than to make a thinly veiled attack on someone who's brought us more information about GT games than any other source?

Again, you misspeak, Mr. Famine. I never ridiculed him nor would I ever. He ,(Amar), is just a man like you and I and it's silly to trust him with EVERYTHING GT5. No man should have that burden (except maybe Kaz:sly:). All I did was merely post what the winds speak about now-a-days. And that speak has pretty much been silenced until the winds stir up again. Soon.

Unless you speak Japanese, I don't know whether you can talk much about fan relations between PD and its fans... since, last I looked, GT is still a japanese game (one that just happens to sell worldwide).

And nobody pays attention to us Filipino fans in Asia. Come on, PD, EA and Turn10... learn Filipino! :lol: [/sarcasm]

There wouldn't be so much animosity toward toward PD and the subject of GT5 if they could be a bit more loyal and caring to their fanbase (the ones who keep them in business), by providing a bit more info about the game, instead of leaving them out in the cold for years on end.

Let's see... updates every game show... press releases... they don't seem like monks to me....

They are so worried about how much money they can possibly make and how much they can fulfill their perfectionist ego's by making the game better than anything else, they could care less about how upset the fans are, as long as they buy the game in the end :ill:

The two are mutually exclusive. You want a perfect game, you spend more time... and money (programmers don't work for peanuts, you know) developing it. You want a profitable game, you take shortcuts and sell it to the lowest denominator... (A.K.A.: NFS fans, pre-SHIFT... yes, I play NFS... I've played almost all the NFS games)

I've spent my personal money on GT4 and GT5P. In the time between those games, I've bought four NFS titles and skipped a few I didn't like. That means I've given EA twice the money I've given PD... and if I'd bought all of the NFS titles (including the wrteched Pro-Street), I would have given them four times the money that I've given PD.

-

It's just a game. Get over it. Go out and play something else. :D

There wouldn't be so much animosity toward toward PD and the subject of GT5 if they could be a bit more loyal and caring to their fanbase (the ones who keep them in business), by providing a bit more info about the game, instead of leaving them out in the cold for years on end.
Yeah...

They give us some basic information, and a large number of members here go insane.

"What do you mean, 20 tracks?!"

"I thought Kaz said we were getting IRL!"

"I thought Kaz said online was the most important thing!"

"They said GT5 was coming out by December!"

"Are we getting weather or not??"

"That damage looks like crap!"

And then when something is stated early, then changed later on, Kazunori is called a liar.

I tell you what. If I was a game developer, I'd have a big bunch of you guys on ignore...

About the tracks...once again, lol
The official GT5 features list says "more than 20 locations". SO I ASK YOU, WHINERS, WHERE'S THE PROBLEM? Forza 3 has 21 locations! That's it! (Iberian-Ladera-Camino viejo are in the same location btw)
70 tracks? Where's the problem again? Forza 3 has dozens of useless tracks and variations among the over 100: squares, triangles and circles T10 made and also use like a photomode location with hangars.

I personally don't really care what you guys think (and neither should you care what I think if it really bothers you) because you are the type who would still be the biggest fanboys of PD and "Kazunori Sensai" (:bowdown:) even if GT5 was delayed another 5 years and the PS3 was already old news :lol:

TBH, I don't have much problem waiting for GT5...does this change my opinion of PD having a serious lack of PROPER (keyword) communication between their fanbase...Hell no!

Last edited:
TBH, I don't have much problem waiting for GT5...does this change my opinion of PD having a serious lack of PROPER (keyword) communication between their fanbase...Hell no!

You say it best. The time elapsed plus the lack of communication is doubly bad. I have all the patience in the world, and I have no doubt PD will deliver, but it is not the smartest move to place us in the dark. And you also said it best when you said that there are those here who would still kiss Kazunori's ass if he kept wanting to perfect GT5 until 2015. I think that [reasonable] time already passed at 4 years of development, but I will continue to wait like the rest of us.

I personally don't really care what you guys think (and neither should you care what I think if it really bothers you) because you are the type who would still be the biggest fanboys of PD and "Kazunori Sensai" (:bowdown:) even if GT5 was delayed another 5 years and the PS3 was already old news :lol:

When your fanbase covers dozens of countries and millions of players with dozens of native languages... do you actually expect PD to personally drop in on every foreign language site just to say: "Hi guys, we're here, sorry for the delay!".

(yes, English is a foreign language for Mr. Yamauchi.)

When your fanbase covers dozens of countries and millions of players with dozens of native languages... do you actually expect PD to personally drop in on every foreign language site just to say: "Hi guys, we're here, sorry for the delay!".

Oh, please, dont be ridiculous. Defend PD as much as you want but dont tell me you actually think that the lack of communication between PD and its fanbase is occurring because Mr. Yamauchi doesn't speak English.

If Kaz wanted us to know something about the game, all it would take from him is one short paragraph in a language of his choice.

Again, you misspeak, Mr. Famine. I never ridiculed him nor would I ever.

You used his phraseology to as the basis of a post to say nothing was happening, directly satirising him.

He ,(Amar), is just a man like you and I and it's silly to trust him with EVERYTHING GT5. No man should have that burden (except maybe Kaz:sly:).

Since that's not happening, it's not relevant.

All I did was merely post what the winds speak about now-a-days.

So the purpose of your post was to say "Nothing"? That's pretty squarely the definition of a useless post.

And that speak has pretty much been silenced until the winds stir up again. Soon.

I see. You have some insider information then?

Where's the love guys.
It's been delayed.

Haha, I read those together - made me :D

I get a bit miffed whenever there's a dry spell, or we get small tidbits of info drip-fed through various sources - but then I remember it's just a game, and it's entirely my own fault for being miffed. Then I get back to getting on with my life, until the next time.

In the good old days, we knew very little about a game before somebody playtested a final build. I understand that this constitutes "bad marketing" in some peoples' eyes, but why should that affect you?

Play the games you like, not the ones that get rammed down your throat at every turn.

Oh, please, dont be ridiculous. Defend PD as much as you want but dont tell me you actually think that the lack of communication between PD and its fanbase is occurring because Mr. Yamauchi doesn't speak English.

If Kaz wanted us to know something about the game, all it would take from him is one short paragraph in a language of his choice.

Running The GT Time Trial, GT Academy, appearing in races for publicity... having demos at major shows... and speaking about the game at shows isn't enough?

Let me get this straight... the president of a software development group is obliged to dictate press releases on a weekly basis? If I recall, the last press release was just a month ago. The latest screens released just a week ago or so... and the last media item (the Citroen GT thingy) less than a week ago. Yeah... that's being silent.

I'm just as pissed as anyone about the delays... I waited years for GT3... years for GT4... but there's nothing you or I can do about it... and not a snowball's chance in hell that a Japanese game executive is actually reading our words out of the billions of words wasted on video games on the internet... so I just chill and do other things.

Things like working on my photography... surfing... playing other videogames... driving... did you know the facelifted NC MX-5 is better than the previous one? This one can actually do clutch-kick drifts on dry asphalt. Fascinating. :lol:

-

It could be worse. We could be waiting for Duke Nukem Forever. :D

About the tracks...once again, lol
The official GT5 features list says "more than 20 locations". SO I ASK YOU, WHINERS, WHERE'S THE PROBLEM? Forza 3 has 21 locations! That's it! (Iberian-Ladera-Camino viejo are in the same location btw)
70 tracks? Where's the problem again? Forza 3 has dozens of useless tracks and variations among the over 100: squares, triangles and circles T10 made and also use like a photomode location with hangars.

Forza Motorsport 3 - Two years, five months. (Since Forza Motorsport 2)
Gran Turismo 5 - 5 years, two months and counting. (Since Gran Turismo 4)

There's the problem. And if you think mentioning Forza 3's flaws will make GT5 look better, you are wrong. Coupled with the fact that many members consider Forza 3 to be crap, it's not even a funny comparison.

Stop. mentioning. Forza. in. your. posts. It makes you look like you love the game.
If people on this thread were real GT fans, and not fanboys, they would be still posting in the GT4 forum, instead of posting for a game that has not even been released, and complaining about it.

Last edited:
You used his phraseology to as the basis of a post to say nothing was happening, directly satirising him.

Take it as you may.

So the purpose of your post was to say "Nothing"? That's pretty squarely the definition of a useless post.

No, there's meaning in every post I've ever typed. Check my history.

I see. You have some insider information then?

What a great question!

Bold black =me.

Can't you just admit you are wrong, man? There's no meaning at all in that post you made, at least no meaning that we didn't know about before.

Forza Motorsport 3 - Two years, five months. (Since Forza Motorsport 2)
Gran Turismo 5 - 5 years, two months and counting. (Since Gran Turismo 4)

There's the problem. And if you think mentioning Forza 3's flaws will make GT5 look better, you are wrong. Coupled with the fact that many members consider Forza 3 to be crap, it's not even a funny comparison.

Stop. mentioning. Forza. in. your. posts. It makes you look like you love the game.
If people on this thread were real GT fans, and not fanboys, they would be still posting in the GT4 forum, instead of posting for a game that has not even been released, and complaining about it.
Why should I stop? I have the right to say what I think.....and there's nothing wrong with my post (#3429). What makes you think I'm a fanboy since I own both systems and both series? Assumptions. Assumptions. Assumptions. Why do you even bother with that?

Now I tell you, please. stop. trying. to. tell. me. what. to. do.
You're just unhappy with what I say. From now on I won't care anymore. Ignored.

Last edited:

Oh please. You should quit trying so hard to come up with excuses, which are quite laughable at that. You act as if the Japanese know something we don't when it comes to GT5...and that only the Japanese fans are in the loop when it comes to GT5 news because of the language barrier :lol:

The fact that this thread was even started only ~ a half year ago, with 173 pages of members trying to decode some cryptic message about the most basic elements and features of GT (after 5+ years of development), is quite frankly the epitome of there being a lack of proper PR between PD and their fanbase.

Last edited:
What makes you think I'm a fanboy since I own both systems and both series? Assumptions. Assumptions. Assumptions. Why do you even bother with that?

What makes you think I think of you as a fanboy? Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. I only said that if people were true fans of the series, they would be posting in the GT4 section, instead of being here, complaining about things.

You're just unhappy with what I say.

I don't understand how could I. Assumptions.

From now on I won't care anymore. Ignored.

Funny. You can't care, because you put me in your ignore list. If you truly didn't care anymore, you wouldn't ignore me via a button. And that, my friend, isn't an assumption.

Someone please just close this thread, its become nothing more then a bash fest. At this rate, bicking and not actually doing anything about it doesn't help at all so you are all wasting your time here.

haha Amar was right all along! Suckers..

The "winds" thread proved to be one of the most reliable prophecies ever. Still can't believe track editors and weather are in.

Back