The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by amar212, Apr 16, 2009.

1. patriotzero

patriotzero

Thats like what i said. 2010 March release date. i confused about 600+ cars its a good thing. and 90+tracks if it is true there will be Chaos! a lot info will be at e3 waiting for us..Legend is back. Thanks for tips Amar,

2. Denur

Denur Premium

I'm not so sure about the mentioned release dates.
    Which start date for counting those 12 months is he referring to? Yes, it could be the first of januari this year and it could be today, but it could also be the day Spec III was released (being Oct. 30 last year), in which case the game will be released October 1st this year. :dopey:

3. Hun200kmh

Hun200kmh

[silly posting]

Oh, and no mention of working reverse lights, Amar, I'm very dissapointed now !!!!

[/silly posting]

Amar, thanks a lot, once again. I'm still unsure about what is the date implied in the first wind, but I don't really care that much. Everything else (apart from the PSP2 bit I don't care about either) is great to know.

Especially the one thing that is really NEW, the track editor. I bet we will see some amazing work being made by players and I only hope that the custom track files can be transferred from PS3 to PS3, or storable in a flash drive and sent by email. We could build an entire custom-track database here in GTplanet, and use it for endless hours of fun.

Now, to all people that want to know if some particular features will be i the game (like damage/weather, etc.), of course you don't expect Amar to give us a full review on the games features. We'll all know something about that (and other things like day/night cycles, B-Spec, C-Spec, Photomode and everything else ... ) in due time, hopefully during the next E3.

PS - Famine, it's MORDOR, not MORTAR !! ;)

4. The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Totally agree with this post. It is exactly what I was thinking whilst reading Amar's post.

Grim

:tup:

5. Chronos

Chronos

Amar, can you say that these winds push clouds together that hamper the birds and the birdtamers control through these skypaths? And do we have lunar period for all skypaths?

6. Stevisiov

Stevisiov Premium

I like your thinking Chronos. ;)

7. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Awesome work, Amar :):tup:... great post :lol: I understood most of it, although I'm grateful for the interpretations contained in this thread too!!

The two versions idea sounds like the "Premium" and "Classic" versions mentioned during the development of GTHD... :idea:

As for all those skypaths and the ability to create your own skypaths, that sounds great... I just hope you are not talking about Nissan Skypaths :sick:

8. The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

I am just a little disappointed that there was no hint that there will be raging bulls (Lambo's) flying along skypaths.

Oh and how I long to see & here a Porche Carrera GT racing round in GT. :sad:

Grim :tup:

9. RAVELLRON

RAVELLRON

yep.... with more than 70 tracks we don't need track editor... we need livery editor maybe!!!!!!!!
    but however thanks Amar for this superb infos....maybe he tolds us only some winds...

10. weaselEST

weaselEST

I have just one wish Amar, please clarify the release date. I don't care about the exact features 'cause I know it'll be good.

11. AvanGard

AvanGard

I wish that was Polyphony official press release.:lol::lol::lol:

12. daan

daan Moderator

With all this talk of wind, sales of deflatine must be on the way up.

13. The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Oh my god, I hope they aren't going to cut down the number of Nissan Skypaths to 96. :D Surely They can come up with another 50 or so versions of the same car. :D

Grim

:D

14. dzidza

dzidza

Come on mate, what are 3 month to wait, that is three more month to add a feature :-)

15. weaselEST

weaselEST

It's a freaking quarter of a year :D

16. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

He can't.

GT5 info is currently under press embargo, as he works as a games journalist to do as you ask would effectively end his career.

Its for that reason that we get cryptic GT5 information (he doesn't just post like this for fun).

Regards

Scaff

17. AvanGard

AvanGard

Amar can birds be harmed or are they invincible?

:tup:Great post by the way.

18. spyrrari

spyrrari

3 months???....you know something we don't???...

if you mean "till the opening of E3" its 1 month and 3 weeks...:sly:

spyrrari.

19. weaselEST

weaselEST

The message that started this topic isn't very well encrypted to my mind (except the release date) :D

20. dzidza

dzidza

From december 2009 release or march 2010

21. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Really!

Quote me one part in which amar212 is either specific in what he says or even mentions Gran Turismo.

I understand that you are new here, but amar212 has been a wonderful source of information for a very long time. So please take my advice and don't push the good fortune that we have.

Thanks

Scaff

22. weaselEST

weaselEST

Ok, no problem :)

23. UnoMOTO

UnoMOTO Premium

My first thought of a track editor was that it sucks because I don't think I would use it....BUUUUTTTT...with the success of user created levels for Little Big Planet, I would welcome the chance to run a course online from people around the world. It turns the online experience into an endless experience.

24. Earth

Earth

amar212 has contact with alot of insiders, and each one has his own bit of info about GT5

The first insider says GT5 will be released November 2009, or March 2010. GT5 Will be released simultaneously worldwide for the first time.

This is the best news to me.

amar's second insider says there will be more then 600 cars at the initial launch. However some cars may not quite be up to GT5/ps3 spec and may resemble GT4? I'm not sure. 96 tracks, most of that variations im sure

Drivers will be able to create alternate versions of exisiting GT5 tracks.

GT5 online will feature voice chat and an extensive online team feature.

Drivers will have the choice to pay either a one time large fee to have unlimited access to future GT5 updates, or pay a smaller fee to just get GT5, while having to pay for every extra feature that is added on

I like this, i dont feel like being nickeled and dimed. I'd glady pay $100 to have any future updates/car packs etc free.

GT Mobile on PSP

Thanks amar

25. Soundtrack

Soundtrack

Thank you so much, Amar!:tup::)

26. daan

daan Moderator

Is there going to be a Skypath Nür edition?

27. Hotrails17

Hotrails17

all i can say is wow... 1000 :tup:'s to Amar! You are my savior :p

28. Stevisiov

Stevisiov Premium

Yes its already confirmed. :tup:

29. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

I really hope that you're alluding to the calendar (and not fiscal) year with the "first wind" riddle.

Oh god I really hope.

30. Pat_f40

Pat_f40

I think there will be no track editor... I think that wind says:
    We will have all versions of each track is included in GT5. So, all the configurations that actually exist or have existed of every single track (like in GT4, Fuji '80, Fuji '90, you know what I mean?)