The Worst Car You Have Driven On Gran Turismo

• Thread starter JR98
  • 327 comments
The Tank Car is absolutely useless outside of drifting, and PD use a length restriction to keep it out of play there now.

As for that Shelby, PD doesn't really model a cars suspension correctly, rigid axle cars do not generally have rear camber, it has plenty baked in. So you can't really blame the axle, the car is just heavy with low front grip.

Edit: The reason I say generally is because Nascar teams were able to get a little negative camber on the right rear with clever manipulation of the axle housing. The practice was banned almost immediately I recall.

Last edited:
I only made the comment about the Live Axle because:

A: The car still handles like 🤬 with it's wayward handling. Anyway, I typically really like Heavy FR cars.
B: The car features a Live Axle in real life which still boggles me.

I don't necessarily hate on cars with Live Axles. Hell, I think the Mustang Boss 302 is very good in the game. Don't even get me started on classics.

Edit: Looking back, I could have just said the GT500 handled like 🤬 and has too much :censored:ing power. Oh well.

I didn't say you were, I was just pointing out it may as well be IRS in GT6 due to having rear camber and toe that would be pretty much impossible to achieve being a true rigid axle. The same goes for most racing games btw, Forza is just as guilty on suspension tuning possibilities for rigid axles.

The '59 Stingray seems to have bicycle tires, RS feels just like CS on it.

The '63 just needs a tune is all.

The '59 Stingray seems to have bicycle tires, RS feels just like CS on it.

The '63 just needs a tune is all.
I've tried tuning the '63 multiple times. With and without chassis work, as well as full power/half power and different downforce levels. It's just garbage.

Both the Kubelwagen and Scwimmwagen or however it is called. Total waste of the money they cost.

I've tried tuning the '63 multiple times. With and without chassis work, as well as full power/half power and different downforce levels. It's just garbage.

I had it working ok. Try dropping differential accel down below 10, that should keep the rear from stepping out so much. The biggest problem it really has is that the '69 Z28 RC is superior in every way for much less credits.

Ferrari F40...

Driven it today, SH tires, fully stock... My God the rear end just won't stay in line, I have no idea how a car with such a massive rear wing has such little grip on it's rear tires, which are wide as **** by the way.

Ferrari F40...

Driven it today, SH tires, fully stock... My God the rear end just won't stay in line, I have no idea how a car with such a massive rear wing has such little grip on it's rear tires, which are wide as **** by the way.
Well, to be fair, a car like that needs finesse to be driven properly. Also, I don't think the F40's wing actually applies downforce.

The fact you can nearly hit 200mph in 3rd with F40 makes you wonder if they swapped in the transmission from 2J by accident at first. 5th gear seems ready for intergalactic travel.

Ferrari F40...

Try changing the rear tires to SM and leave the fronts as SH. This might help tame it.

The F40 isn't one of my favorite Ferrari offerings in GT, but it's fun to experience it regardless. Probably would be more fun to feel the turbo lag IRL.

Am I the only one who finds the F40 surprisingly tame?
I tried it with SH tires and I literally did not expect it to be that easy to drive. I did no modifications whatsoever.

Mmmm Option Stream Z.

Mmm turbo lag.

Mmm corners that require less than full throttle, only to have no acceleration at all. Which is an awful lot in this game :lol:

I wish to change my answer to the Jaguar XKR Coupe '10.
I drove it last night and was confused, thought maybe I had bought a Tesla Roadster. There is virtually no sound from the engine. Unutterably mundane.
I know GT6 doesn't have the best engine sounds but come on, it's a 5 litre V8 petrol engine. Barely a whir.

The Volvo S60 T-5 was ruined with the last update (which was about 7 months ago). The turbo lag is unbelievable, the clutch is really difficult to engage when coming from a stop, the reverse gear is disproportionately adjusted, and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner, now.
Of course, this is just one of many, many, many cars in GT that sound terrible. Even though the previous exhaust definitely wasn't realistic, it sounded cool!

I could go on with about 20 more cars, but the second car is the VW GTI MK5. With the last update I was hoping for the rasp of the engine, but, this being GT, it sounds more like my Ninja Blender than a car.

The Honda Fit deserves mention as the worst first car in my whole GT experience.

Before I was into golding licenses I would usually pick a spunky FR, a Skyline GTS25 type S in every game it was available. In GT3 I grabbed a
Trueno before I knew it was the first prize car.

The Fit is a decent car, it makes a nice 400pp sleeper. But it was the worst first car I ever had in a GT game. The fact it is mandatory does not excuse it.

Meme Answer: Nissan Cube.

In reality, I agree with LM7325. That Honda Fit was dreadful. Thankfully for me, i just used my Anniversary Edition Stratos (A car that seems to get a lot of hate, but I rather like). It also doesn't help that my first cars in the other 3 Gran Turismos I've played were a Mitsi GTO, a Focus ST and a MX-5.

Plus I think the F40 is quite tame as compared to other 80s Supercars (288 GTO, Countach etc) and rather like it.

In my opinion PD ruined a lot of older cars (those ported from GT4). Like the Amuse Carbon or the Saleen S7.

They messed something up so that cars like These both unsersteer way to much and are hard to tune. Also Praiano told me so, that PD did something wrong with many ex-GT4 cars. they are often too stiff and too understeery. Even he had Problems to find a good tune for some older cars...

C-West Razio Silvia. Understeer machine, 2 seconds slower than other 300hp JGTC cars around Apricot Hill.
Even with all oversteer settings it turns in slowly and looses it on the exit :D
Dont waste time on that one

In my opinion PD ruined a lot of older cars (those ported from GT4). Like the Amuse Carbon or the Saleen S7.

They messed something up so that cars like These both unsersteer way to much and are hard to tune. Also Praiano told me so, that PD did something wrong with many ex-GT4 cars. they are often too stiff and too understeery. Even he had Problems to find a good tune for some older cars...

I have noticed it too, many cars have odd weight distribution, 52/48 on some MR cars and 59/41 on a few FR cars that are closer to 54/46 in reality. Grip levels are also hit or miss with some.

With 1200+ cars mistakes are expected, but some are downright appalling.

Back