The Worst Car You Have Driven On Gran Turismo

• Thread starter JR98
  • 327 comments
Every MR drivetrained have horrible handling
Quick fix for MR cars:
-Increase rear Toe to 0.60
-Increase rear Dampers - Ext. to be at least two values bigger than rear Dampers Comp.
-increase Drivetrain Brake Sensitivity to 25 / 30. (45 for NSX Super GT)
-Profit.
GT by Citroen Race car.
Strangely enough I've driven it this evening and I think it's one of the best handling cars in GT6.
You can force corner entry almost like a prototype and manage mid corner with a bit of lift off oversteer if necessary.

Last edited:
Chaparral 2X VGT

Are you joking!?

This car is so quiet, has ridiculous acceleration, although it has the slightest of under steer its really stable when it corners.
Its a predictable car when driving, unlike the Lamborghinis that oversteer and understeer at the same time.

I was talking about going fast on a track, not drifting.
As I suppose you know, drifting has nothing to do with being fast

I thought you were generally speaking, that a Tank Car is useless in the game no matter for which purpose.

Btw. you should test this car in arcademode against cars like Lamborghini on Midfield. It's a great challenge. (Tyrechoice Rh or RM)

I thought you were generally speaking, that a Tank Car is useless in the game no matter for which purpose.

Btw. you should test this car in arcademode against cars like Lamborghini on Midfield. It's a great challenge. (Tyrechoice Rh or RM)
Well, wining a normal race in a tank car is always a challenge no matter the rival cars I guess.

I once bought a Jaguar XFR for no reason at all. I maxed it out and played around with the suspension. The result: a terribly understeering, hard to drive monstrosity. And it isn't any better stock.

If you tune it properly, and adjust your driving style to it, it's not difficult to drive at all!

You can't drive every car the same! This is why many falter in the Deltawing!

It can take corners like no other LMP that is in the game, even the LM55.

I don't think there are bad cars in GT6. It just the driver that needs to get used to it or make a good setup.
There's one exception to this:
038_pt_cruiser.jpg

I retract my previous statement about the 07' mustang being the worst for I have found somethings much worse. I now say that the Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 is the worse car I have driven. I drive FF cars often, but this is a brick that cannot be tuned.

Red Devil. The only car I seem to be unable to get to behave. I would rather drive a fully tuned BTR with 200kg rear ballast on CH.
I have to agree with this, for as good as the 69 Z28 is this is horrendously awful. Too much power, cannot soften springs enough and has no rear grip on throttle. As a Chevy guy, I really tried hard but gave up. On the bright side, it's still better than the Transcammer and the C63 AMG.

Ok I have another for GT6. The Corvette Stingray Racing Concept '59. A complete lack of grip no matter the tires. It is a very nice looking car which adds to the frustration to make it competitive. It is not the worst car dynamically, but it's good looks drive you to keep trying to win it over. A cruel mistress this one...

Ok I have another for GT6. The Corvette Stingray Racing Concept '59. A complete lack of grip no matter the tires. It is a very nice looking car which adds to the frustration to make it competitive. It is not the worst car dynamically, but it's good looks drive you to keep trying to win it over. A cruel mistress this one...

Quite an odd looking cat that. I've seen it but never bought it.

Quite an odd looking cat that. I've seen it but never bought it.

You get it for free by getting gold at Goodwood events. Not real hard to win it. It is not that bad offline since you can run it in a lot of events. But it is a race car and against other race cars online is where the shortcomings come out.

Tip, do not go over 500ok and run on SS or RH. With the right tune its not bad, but keep in mind it's from the '50s and likely modeled on bias ply tires.

I have been playing GT6 since release and have all in the money in the world and have yet to buy the Red Devil. Is it really that bad?

I can drive the car fine. What makes it awful is that it is virtually untunable. It is like a rebellious teenager, doing it's own thing all the time. The '69 Z28 being so good is what really makes you mad at it.

I have to agree with this, for as good as the 69 Z28 is this is horrendously awful. Too much power, cannot soften springs enough and has no rear grip on throttle. As a Chevy guy, I really tried hard but gave up. On the bright side, it's still better than the Transcammer and the C63 AMG.

I love the C63 AMG - I normally drive it at 500PP with 200kg of ballast. I also like the Transcammer - the gear ratios are odd, but it is enjoyable on standard settings - I have a race series planned for it at 380bhp on SM tyres.

Some of the difficult / unpleasant cars to drive become nice if you drop the tyre grade by one or two e.g. from SH to CS and limit the power - some are inflated by PD.

Maserati Gran Turismo S. It's got about the same body roll as an El Camino and the gear changes are unrealistic and slow. It also has absolutely no horsepower or torque that you can feel. It's just gutless. About the same weight as a C63, same power, yet slower. The exhaust note is horrid too.

Back