The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
NOTE: The Celica's stock configuration is Racing Hards at 599PP... That seems hopelessly underpowered, but I wonder if any of the regulars in this thread can win this race using the stock config :mischievous:
Challenge completed :D
A bit slower than the test run, I try to avoid AIs as much for the video run.
Screenshot_20221221-175957_YouTube.jpg

On numbers power aren't the problem, the lowest HP I did with RH non stop run was the NA MX5 with 221HP.
For a rally car it handles well on road and surprisingly good top speed with the stock gearbox setting. (Maybe it's a tarmac setup?)

The brakes are a little bit too powerful front tires will heat up even with ABS.

I've pretty much stopped doing this race since the CRB became such a chore. I'm trying to grind as fast as poss as the moment so I'm sticking to tried and true Sardegna.

Although I'm starting to now build up a fleet of cars ripe and ready for this race...

And again and again…

1:58.941 😅😇😁

View attachment 1217828

I'm beginning to think that I'm chasing an alien... :D

Good job breaking the 2-minute barrier with the Fiat :cheers:

I came back to the K20 God Fiat after a break. My progress is slow. I've figured out a tune that minimizes the hopping at mid-corner, but the car's handling is still too loose for my driving style once the tires wear out. I've tweaked the gearing, and LSD, but I am struggling for traction at the final hairpin. I'm even running anti-lag now.

I have no idea where I'm supposed to find those extra several seconds, but I'll keep trying. I am THIS close to fitting the Special Camshafts and Titanium Connecting Rods just to catch up to you. :lol:

Best Time: 26:07.375
Fastest Lap: 2:01.978

I'm approximately one week behind your progress. Very close to your previous run before you ascended :lol:

1672228934848.jpeg

This is your fault, by the way:

1672229920560.jpeg

This car is a small god. ❤️

1672230005979.jpeg

Which tune are you using, could you tell me, I tried with the M4 and without success
When I was setting up the M4 for the Nordschleife 600 race, I came across this glitch. Later I experimented with Pariano's setup. This is a variation of it. I had my best go in Tokyo when I put IMs on the rear axle. After 6 laps into the pits and then on Sport Soft. All attachments type A, except side - standard here. Original wheels, the rest as on the screenshots. Greetings and happy new year to all.

07B90A87-1C48-41CE-A9E2-3A168E55D8A1.jpeg
F1B55D4B-7800-49A7-BE98-B603D79EB781.jpeg

I'm beginning to think that I'm chasing an alien... :D

Good job breaking the 2-minute barrier with the Fiat :cheers:

I came back to the K20 God Fiat after a break. My progress is slow. I've figured out a tune that minimizes the hopping at mid-corner, but the car's handling is still too loose for my driving style once the tires wear out. I've tweaked the gearing, and LSD, but I am struggling for traction at the final hairpin. I'm even running anti-lag now.

I have no idea where I'm supposed to find those extra several seconds, but I'll keep trying. I am THIS close to fitting the Special Camshafts and Titanium Connecting Rods just to catch up to you. :lol:

Best Time: 26:07.375
Fastest Lap: 2:01.978

I'm approximately one week behind your progress. Very close to your previous run before you ascended :lol:

View attachment 1218952

This is your fault, by the way:

View attachment 1218956

This car is a small god. ❤️

View attachment 1218957
How does it compare to the Mini with the engine swap?I`ve tried and tried with the mini but cant seem to get the power down in the corners or the handling to a`stable`setting.

How does it compare to the Mini with the engine swap?I`ve tried and tried with the mini but cant seem to get the power down in the corners or the handling to a`stable`setting.
I haven't tried the swapped Mini yet. I'll test it later.

Aside from the Fiat, I've only run the rotary swapped Cappuccino and the K20 swapped Honda Beat. They're all twitchy, but I believe the Fiat starts out as the worst driving out of those three because of the short wheelbase and added fun of roll-overs. The Fiat is the only one of those three that I set up on my own.

As I'd assume, and as you've mentioned, the Mini starts out with traction problems in addition to the short wheelbase. Sounds like another (entertaining) tuning nightmare.

Anyone tried (and won) with the Lexus LC500? I'm having a bash, but no luck yet. Best I managed is fourth, 16s off the lead.

EDIT: Best now second, 8s off the lead. Added Stage 3 weight reduction and reduced power slightly to compensate, plus adjusted the gears to balance better.

Last edited:
Anyone tried (and won) with the Lexus LC500? I'm having a bash, but no luck yet. Best I managed is fourth, 16s off the lead.

EDIT: Best now second, 8s off the lead. Added Stage 3 weight reduction and reduced power slightly to compensate, plus adjusted the gears to balance better.
Yes. Tried and won today. The PP system makes this car a bit of a dog. Major traction problems, overly heavy even at weight reduction stage 4, weird turn-in that prompts extreme LSD settings, a loose rear end + gimped top speed.

Fuel consumption is average. Tire wear is surprisingly great. I can go the full race on a single set of Sports Hards.

I had to do a pale imitation of Maestro Priano's tuning to make the car work. Gearbox needs seriously work. I just swapped the standard one for the Fully Customizable Manual.

My best results:

Best Time: 27:13.883
Fastest Lap: 2:09.810

The A.I. really didn't want me to win this: Gallo put down a 2:10:1xx. It's their revenge for the K20 God Fiat and the K20 Mini runs.

1672401576721.jpeg

My Tune:

1672401788836.jpeg

1672401812771.jpeg

1672401836516.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm still testing, but my initial impression from the K20 swapped Mini is it's much easier to drive than the K20 Fiat. Still twitchy, but easier to calm down with tuning and no need for ballast at the moment. I still rolled mine when I caught the red mist, but that was just once :lol:

Stock LSD settings are aggressive and will kill you, but initial suspension settings after fitting the Fully Customizable Racing Suspension are pretty good. They do a better job at hinting at what the car needs.

Tire wear is just as abysmal as the God Fiat, just now it's the front tires. The swapped Mini handles MUCH better on worn tires. Superior braking in terms of stopping distance and stability too.

NOTE: I went in weary of traction problems and wanted to get to know the car better / get a better set-up before throwing max power at it. My testing was done with max weight reduction, and all the bolt-on power and drive-train mods - NO turbo upgrades. I was running around 350hp. In the future, I want more speed on the Tokyo straights, so I'll add power incrementally. The likely resulting tire wear worries me.

TOKYO RESULTS:

Best Time:
27:02.203
Fastest Lap: 2:06.204

Pit Strategy: Intermediates + Racing Hards + Racing Mediums (yes...)
  • Start on Intermediates
  • Pit in at end of Lap 5 - Take Racing Hards + fuel
  • Pit in at end of Lap 8 - Take Racing Mediums
  • Sprint to Finish

1672402904645.jpeg

I'll post my current set-up later. Even time I took a screenshot of it, I'd do another race and make more changes.

When I was setting up the M4 for the Nordschleife 600 race, I came across this glitch. Later I experimented with Pariano's setup. This is a variation of it. I had my best go in Tokyo when I put IMs on the rear axle. After 6 laps into the pits and then on Sport Soft. All attachments type A, except side - standard here. Original wheels, the rest as on the screenshots. Greetings and happy new year to all.

View attachment 1219200View attachment 1219201

Thank you for the informations.I will test with the M4

I managed to finish the race with 3 cars
GTR 17 at 26
GTAm at 27
BRZ I don't remember the version, I know I suffered a lot on the straight, but on the curves it was the bug

Can anyone tell me what the fastest overall time is currently?
View attachment 1218855
The answer you get will depend on how you interpret the spirit of this race.

Closest to the spirit of this thread and among the fastest normal, non-Vision GT, non-swapped runs I've noted is @breeminator 's monstrously quick, fully tuned Toyota Celica road car. Maybe 26:1x.xxx.

Faster than that, the Aston Martin VGT maybe gets into the 25 minute range or better. Maybe slower now because of updates, but still really fast.

Faster than that, it's the engine swapped cars with crazy good fuel economy and/or extremely favorable treatment by the PP system. The Rotary Suzuki Cappuccino, the K20 swapped Honda Beat are both VERY quick. Low 25 minutes, with some getting into the 23 minute range. Updates may have changed that though.

Faster than those are the glitch builds like the Alpine A220.

Then there's wall riding and the patched-out Tomahawk... :lol:

Also in the spirit of this thread look up @BWM 's runs for super fast stock and near stock runs.

@engrmariano tests A LOT of stuff and often pushes the tuning and PP system to their absolute limit.

#RIP43

All the Gr.B cars that I have tried so far doesn't have very high top speeds and are not very economical with fuel.
This one has the same top speed issue but it has impressive handling and that makes up heaps of time on the rest of the circuit.
It's fuel consumption is surprisingly good. I Managed to do 9 laps on FM1.

Attachments

• Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg
    Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230106073713.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230106073713.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 10
Back