The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
It's unchanged from what I could see. I Intentionally bumped some wall's and took out Hizal in the 22B. No penalty's and no CRB.
I was testing the new corvette c8 and the celica rally car on tokyo. There was contact in both races but only celica lost the CRB. This updated penalty system is pretty inconsistent.
Btw both cars are pretty good for farming tokyo if you still want to do it. Alfa Giulia not as much.

I was testing the new corvette c8 and the celica rally car on tokyo. There was contact in both races but only celica lost the CRB. This updated penalty system is pretty inconsistent.
Btw both cars are pretty good for farming tokyo if you still want to do it. Alfa Giulia not as much.
I Only tried the Alfa so far but it was quite disappointing. It looks gorgeous though. I'll try out the C8 and Celica soon. And yes, the CRB thing is bonkers.

Super easy now, after wasting time with bad car choices.
I do this on PS4 with controller and A/T. Easy to consistently lap in 2:12 - 2:15 range for an easy one stop win on SH tires.

See video for car settings....but I doubt they are very crucial. So long as your downforce doesn't limit your top speed too far below 180mph, you'll be fine. It's that easy.

Just tried this. Not the fastest on the straightaway, but it is quick in the corners. It did provide some close racing though. Had a 4 way battle with Gallo, Suswillo, and Kokubun. Gallo pitted headed onto the final lap and had to hold off Suswillo on the straightaway after that but managed to keep him behind me for the entire last lap. Strategy here is to pick your way through the field and take the lead as others take their pit stops. Pitted at the end of lap 10 for a splash of fuel and tires (great fuel efficiency since it’s a Group 4 car).

Attachments

• CA95FAAD-888E-4722-A8CB-F3C02F4B040D.jpeg
    CA95FAAD-888E-4722-A8CB-F3C02F4B040D.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Tested the bugatti chiron on sardegna, le mans and tokyo to see its potential as a farm car:

Sardegna: not recommended. Even at its minimum hp possible and fm6, it wont do more than 3 laps before needing to pit.

Le mans: easy win. Just go racing hard, lower power and increase weight until you drop bellow 700pp and go fm6. You will pit every 2 laps but you are so much faster than the ai.

Tokyo: easy win. Just do the same thing you did in le mans (above) and switch racing hard with confort medium tyres, and do fm3. Pit on lap 6.
You will have a bit of trouble getting rid of gallo and suswillo in the cornering sections but you will eat them in the long straight.

So the new Celica jumps from about 280 to 750 bhp when you install a high rpm turbo. Switch from RH to SH tyres and it’s almost eligible for Tokyo. I only did some gearbox tuning (installed the regular adjustable gearbox to stay in pp range) and tested the car: an easy 26:25 with a 2:05 fastest lap.
Some better tuning might turn this car into a real weapon!

I tried the Crown with the engine swap; I think if you drive gingerly enough you can make SH last the whole race as you can run FM1 the whole way without stopping, but I pitted at the end of lap 8 since I was driving without TCS and having fun with some oversteer on the corners. I did try IMs on the rear which grants much more stability in cornering, but they only last until lap 7 or so, and you can't change them in the pits.

This run was with weight reduction 1 which means you have less power, so a little easier to control. You do lose some speed on the top end though as I was 190mph+ before T1 and now I'm just shy of 190mph. The acceleration is a little slower than the Focus RS with the swap for me (which is noticeable at the beginning of the straight), but the RS loses steam around 160mph while this thing just keeps pulling.
1851c017ce760-screenshotUrl.jpg

1851c01d11a95-screenshotUrl.jpg

Much more engaging and fun for me than the Focus - I'll have to test all the weight reductions and see which one offers the best overall balance. I think with WR0 it's too difficult to control on exits with SH rubber.

Last edited:
Quick test drive the C8 and Alfa
Screenshot_20221217-040659_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221217-040733_YouTube.jpg

Both all stock non stop run. Good traction and balance on both the C8 more agile but brakes are bit weak. The Alfa feel heavy but still perform well.

For me the main course of 1.27
Screenshot_20221217-040800_YouTube.jpg

Tried to have a non stop run but the hellcat engine just too thirsty for fuel.
Basically drive like an overpower golf cart (that's why I paint it white), CG is high and unstable whatever you ask it to do.

Then the K20 abarth, the characteristics of an old 911 boost to 200%, and the front keep hoping under acceleration. May try a full run but the first impression gave me a very big headache.

Last edited:
The K20 swapped Fiat Abarth can win this with extensive tuning (200kg ballast in the nose to start...). But the price you will pay will be your time and your sanity.

The PP is low, as with the Rotary Cappicino and the K20 Honda beat, but the handing and tire wear are worse. The Fiat also struggles to reach 200mph in my hands with the High RPM Turbo. I haven't been able to stop the car from bouncing. Braking, even with full racing brake equipment, is abysmal. Think Veyron on Sports Hard Tires bad. You have enough spare PP to run racing soft tires, however if you try that, you WILL run into a gforce limit, the physics give up and Fiat will just roll over; like this:

f70b7d8b72e47291f75b216e27bf5a87_thumb.jpg

Stick with Racing Hards or ask Master Priano for help (make sure you give him a big bonus for making him suffer).

BWM is very correct:
BWM
Then the K20 abarth, the characteristics of an old 911 boost to 200%, and the front keep hoping under acceleration. May try a full run but the first impression gave me a very big headache.
Pit Strategy: 2 stops - IM then RHs - Fuel Map 1 for entire race
-Start race with Intermediate tires
-Pit at end of lap 4 to take Racing Hard tires and fuel
-Pit in at end of Lap 8 to take Racing Hard tires
-Sprint to finish

Notes:
Tire wear is VERY bad for the rear tires.
Handling gets noticeably worse and slide-happy even when the rear tires are worn only half way.
Fuel consumption is good/average. You get ~10 laps running full crazy

My Best Results:
Total Time: 26:36.385
Fastest Lap: 2:05.427

The car is a total mess, and I love it. Don't know why.

1671262593551.jpeg

Last edited:
Pit Strategy: 2 stops - IM then RHs - Fuel Map 1 for entire race
-Start race with Intermediate tires
-Pit at end of lap 4 to take Racing Hard tires and fuel
-Pit in at end of Lap 8 to take Racing Hard tires
-Sprint to finish
Tried the strategy and managed a full run :cheers:
Screenshot_20221218-032723_YouTube.jpg

Did with FM3 to save refueling time and make the beast slightly easier to drive with less power. Not dare enough push it hard through corners just coasting.
And didn't fit anti-lag for better braking.

So I tried this race and it didn't go well I used the vette are this ai really normal? they don't seen like it.

Anyway Maybe I'll try again but I'm not to much keen of the stress.

Last edited:
Tested the bugatti chiron on sardegna, le mans and tokyo to see its potential as a farm car:

Sardegna: not recommended. Even at its minimum hp possible and fm6, it wont do more than 3 laps before needing to pit.

Le mans: easy win. Just go racing hard, lower power and increase weight until you drop bellow 700pp and go fm6. You will pit every 2 laps but you are so much faster than the ai.

Tokyo: easy win. Just do the same thing you did in le mans (above) and switch racing hard with confort medium tyres, and do fm3. Pit on lap 6.
You will have a bit of trouble getting rid of gallo and suswillo in the cornering sections but you will eat them in the long straight.
I'll endorse this for Tokyo, though I had to FM6 and wall ride to make it work. I came up with 27:05 which is my best time yet in the two weeks I've had the game.

I used the Celica rally version,lowered suspension,added a turbo and manual cust transmission then dropped the power to bring it within the pp.Its a blast on the main straight,tinkered with the gearing so almost 200mph and great through the twisty bits,I pit end of lap 8,took it careful,picked my overtakes and got the CRB with a few wall scrapes.A fun car to use. 👍

Last edited:
Just tried this. Not the fastest on the straightaway, but it is quick in the corners. It did provide some close racing though. Had a 4 way battle with Gallo, Suswillo, and Kokubun. Gallo pitted headed onto the final lap and had to hold off Suswillo on the straightaway after that but managed to keep him behind me for the entire last lap. Strategy here is to pick your way through the field and take the lead as others take their pit stops. Pitted at the end of lap 10 for a splash of fuel and tires (great fuel efficiency since it’s a Group 4 car).
Gr4 McLaren 650s will win with no stop strategy, but it is significantly slower. You must be on FM4 IIRC and take advantage of drafting when possible

GTR swapped 370z w/ Intermediates. One way diff to bring down PP a bit for finer tuning... Down to 2:08 fastest lap. Average 2:10

Pit once around 7-8 for rubber and no fuel as it'll do 15-16 laps without refueling.

Last edited:
You... :lol: Great lap! :cheers: My try-hard mode engaged and I had to see if I could match your Fiat time.

My overall time is slower than my best because I sacrificed everything at the end for the fastest lap, but...

2:03.429 :D

I had to tweak my tune. Now I can run Racing Mediums (and Racing Softs on other tracks) without fear of rollovers. The Fiat just bounces... a lot. Now I need to fine-tune again for relative stability.

I can't believe we're having this conversation about the Fiat, and I can't believe I've driven the car this much.

@BWM Your patience for this car and your car control are both unreal. Awesome stuff! :cheers:

1671428712760.jpeg

Time to try the overpowered Celica and the Giulia GTAm.

Last edited:
I tried the Crown with the engine swap; I think if you drive gingerly enough you can make SH last the whole race as you can run FM1 the whole way without stopping, but I pitted at the end of lap 8 since I was driving without TCS and having fun with some oversteer on the corners. I did try IMs on the rear which grants much more stability in cornering, but they only last until lap 7 or so, and you can't change them in the pits.

This run was with weight reduction 1 which means you have less power, so a little easier to control. You do lose some speed on the top end though as I was 190mph+ before T1 and now I'm just shy of 190mph. The acceleration is a little slower than the Focus RS with the swap for me (which is noticeable at the beginning of the straight), but the RS loses steam around 160mph while this thing just keeps pulling.
View attachment 1216159
View attachment 1216160

Much more engaging and fun for me than the Focus - I'll have to test all the weight reductions and see which one offers the best overall balance. I think with WR0 it's too difficult to control on exits with SH rubber.
Can I ask what tune you used? I have a Crown GT500 but it's a nightmare to try drive in a straight line, just loses the tail when you're running full pace around a long turn.

Can I ask what tune you used? I have a Crown GT500 but it's a nightmare to try drive in a straight line, just loses the tail when you're running full pace around a long turn.
I'm away from my PS5 for a few weeks, but I based it off Praiano's tune for 700pp: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-132#post-13778536

You'll need more of the power restrictor, and I think I used custom manual transmission instead of custom racing. I have WR1 currently but if you do you can add 100 ballast to get back to regular weight, which will allow you to increase the engine power to compensate. With WR1 you lose a little bit of the top end speed with the engine power reduced, but you might find it easier to control. As long as you're gentle getting on the throttle on the exit I find it's manageable, although you can easily do some oversteer coming out of the corners. It's fun! But you obviously burn up your tires a bit more.

The last hairpin before the straight is the trickiest one to get on the throttle if you don't use TCS. I don't have any pics of my gearing but I think my final drive was around 4.060 and 8th gear topped out just over 190mph (305kmh). Accelerating from 2nd without wheelspin is difficult from that corner; 3rd is ok but it does seem a little slow in the lower RPM, but I think it's more consistent that way. I'm able to stay in gears 4-5 during the twisty parts.

I'm away from my PS5 for a few weeks, but I based it off Praiano's tune for 700pp: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-132#post-13778536

You'll need more of the power restrictor, and I think I used custom manual transmission instead of custom racing. I have WR1 currently but if you do you can add 100 ballast to get back to regular weight, which will allow you to increase the engine power to compensate. With WR1 you lose a little bit of the top end speed with the engine power reduced, but you might find it easier to control. As long as you're gentle getting on the throttle on the exit I find it's manageable, although you can easily do some oversteer coming out of the corners. It's fun! But you obviously burn up your tires a bit more.

The last hairpin before the straight is the trickiest one to get on the throttle if you don't use TCS. I don't have any pics of my gearing but I think my final drive was around 4.060 and 8th gear topped out just over 190mph (305kmh). Accelerating from 2nd without wheelspin is difficult from that corner; 3rd is ok but it does seem a little slow in the lower RPM, but I think it's more consistent that way. I'm able to stay in gears 4-5 during the twisty parts.
Nice one! Thank you kindly!! I'll give that a try over the Christmas break and see how I get on.

EDIT: gave it a run tonight, and aside from Beauvois spinning me into the wall at the start of lap 2 because he was jealous of my sweet taxi livery, it stormed to an easy win about 30s ahead of the rest of the field.

Last edited:
Today I tried again: 2:01.598 :D ...
NICE! :cheers: Back to the garage and practice sessions for me. I don't know if I can go faster than a 2:03.000 or 2:02.9xx, but I'll give it another go. Awesome overall run too! The Fiat is getting dangerously close to sub 26 minute runs :lol:

Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car ST205
I put on Sports Hard tires, the High RPM Turbo, Fully Customizable Manual Transmission, lowered the suspension and tweaked the gears. 210+ mph / 337+ kmp down the big straight. :lol: The car corners great too. To heck with anti-lag; turn it off, save some fuel and embrace the turbo lag! Dump the throttle when you see your exit at the final hairpin: you have all the traction.

The Celica munches its front tires when I drive it, but I was running 30:70 torque distribution with stock LSD settings. Some adjustments there and fuel saving tricks may open the door to no-stop strategies.

NOTE: The Celica's stock configuration is Racing Hards at 599PP... That seems hopelessly underpowered, but I wonder if any of the regulars in this thread can win this race using the stock config :mischievous:

1671595177175.jpeg

Maybe the faster people and tuners here can get this car into the 2:02 range, if not below 2 minutes. Lots of potential.

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm
The Giulia wins this race totally stock. Feels amazing in the corners. Touring car levels of sharpness and much better feeling brakes than the Corvette. Acceleration is OK, but seems oddly slow despite easily doing 190+ mph / 305 kph down the main straight. Maybe it's the quiet exhaust or turbo lag.

Great all-rounder car, as many have mentioned.

1671595786326.jpeg

Second Run
The Giulia feels even better with some mild upgrades. This second run was done with Weight Reduction Stage 1, Sports Hard tires and power adjustments to stay in the 600pp range.

1671595857889.jpeg

And now for my hero car of the night: the Alpine A110.

I had started a A110 600pp tune for this race months ago, but couldn't stop the car from killing me while also being very slow. After running the K20 God Fiat and a Ferrari Dino, I learned to tune these deathtraps cars a bit better.

My Alpine is not fast at all, but I can fit Racing Medium tires, all other upgrade parts, including the High RPM Turbo and reach 170 mph / 273 kph down the main straight... eventually. Braking is OK / pretty good, but the Alpine will try to swap ends if you think about trail braking. Aside from that, the Alpine corners in a super aggressive, understeery way that resonates with me.

Tire wear and fuel economy are surprisingly great despite my heavy-handed driving and over-revving the engine. A no-stop may be possible.

1671596192073.jpeg

Back