The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,443 comments
If anybody still cares, the Ford Focus RS is a good one for this race with a good tune and SH tires. Breaks into 2:10's lap times easy
I can confirm; I've been using the swap with praiano handling. FM1 and no pit makes this easy, I'm usually in P4 at the end of the first lap.

I've been testing with IM rear as there's no PP difference between SH and IM on the rear for some reason. Long braking distances in my opinion but easy to control on the corners; slight oversteer if you trailbrake in, can easily power out of everything except the last hairpin which you have to feather the throttle a bit if you run without TCS. 4th gear is money as you can stay in most of it through the later half of the twisties. I get about 172-173MPH on the uphill portion of the straight, and max out around 178MPH (286kmh) before the first corner. Gallo in the NSX will pass you on this if he's close to you, but after his first pit it's a wrap.

20221207_172215_HDR.jpg

20221207_172230_HDR.jpg
20221207_174910_HDR.jpg

20221207_175130_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I meant without the swap. I haven't gotten the swap yet for it unfortunately.. Running about 560hp @ about 2700lb reaching near 200mph on the straight. Don't have pics of tune right now but can upload in the morning

A more detuned DP-100.
Many people would use hard with the DP-100, have some ballast(maybe around 75kg) and have close to 600hp
I opted to use Medium Tires, this does mean you will have to make a pit stop to change tires only, car remains fuel efficient with about 14laps to 15laps doable with a fuel tank.
So even if you were neck and neck with another car, since the AI refuels for the first pit stop, you will get out since you can skip this step.
Laptimes will vary throughout the race.
But they will range from 2:13 at the start and end up to 2:09 towards the end and I am a C ranked driver so you be around these times.
184f11cc95269-screenshotUrl.png

Video of my fastest lap of 2:09.707

Keypoints:
Short shift, so you keep hearing the turbo, this is where peak acceleration happens
Do not bother shifting into 7th gear, even with the higher power setup, you don't have any more acceleration and 6th will give you slightly more acceleration.
Take the last hairpin in 3rd so you can use the turbo boost to get out.
This tune is a bit twitchy at the start with more water on the track, but does become more stable.

Last edited:
Who cares? Is it a more efficient payout in terms of credits/time than Tokyo 600? I don't need my grind race to be fun, I need it to be max use of my time.
Grinds are not soposed to be fun. They are tedious, boring and will take a hell lot of time.
But in the end of the grind there will be a reward, and only the most persistent players will get it.
Its only natural for players to look for the easiest/fastest strategy for grinding.

I've been testing with IM rear as there's no PP difference between SH and IM on the rear for some reason.
For any car that has a wayward back end, IM tyres on the rear with SH on the front, and no-stopping, is like a cheat code for this race it's so effective.

For any car that has a wayward back end, IM tyres on the rear with SH on the front, and no-stopping, is like a cheat code for this race it's so effective.
The only issue here is you can only change tyres for more IM,if at all.At present theres no option to change to a lesser compound tyre in game,hopefully it would be a good thing to implement if it ever happens.

Could you explain why? Whats the benefit? Or just for fun and because you can? :)
screaming past everyone but the NSX on lap 1 then being 60+ seconds ahead at the end is not all that fun.
With a detuned setup, you will spend more time fighting through.

Why not just use another Focus with stock engine? I don't see much point in swapping engine just to detune it that low to have a fight. :D

The campaign mode is abysmal.
Funny, because for me the Cafe Menus were the best of GT7. Getting better cars and doing faster races step by step was really nice and motivating for me. But since that ended and it's only grinding, i lost much of that and now i'm only coming back for new update stuff.

Last edited:
screaming past everyone but the NSX on lap 1 then being 60+ seconds ahead at the end is not all that fun.
Try the Honda 2+4, that should give a pretty good battle at least until everyone has pitted.

Super easy now, after wasting time with bad car choices.
I do this on PS4 with controller and A/T. Easy to consistently lap in 2:12 - 2:15 range for an easy one stop win on SH tires.

See video for car settings....but I doubt they are very crucial. So long as your downforce doesn't limit your top speed too far below 180mph, you'll be fine. It's that easy.

Thanks, the Supra tuned like this works a charm. You can actually finish the race without pitting, you just have to short-shift and use FM5/6 in the last two laps. And obviously, be careful with almost-shot tires.

Best result for me yet. Used my racing F430 with SS tyres (can’t remember all other parts, but it’s not much).
D26043E9-A524-4CA8-8C13-0F10C1957B9B.png

I have all weight reduction so I used ballast to get back to the stock weight and moved it right forward to get 50:50 weight distribution. Car was very slow on straights (170mph max) but was a beast in the twisty bits.

If there is any "progression" aspect to a game, then there is an accompanying grind, the player base ALWAYS finds it. The only way around it is to basically make everything easy to get within minimal time. That was how past GT were and apparently people didn't like that.

And that's ok, I don't mind if the game is slow to reward credits, but if I want to forego variety in gameplay and just bang out a few hours of the max "grind" strategy so I can get a 20M car, then that's on me. It's not on the developers IMHO.

I do agree with you though, the game has been STALE AF for a very very long time. GT Sport and the livery editor spiced it up a lot IMO, but that isn't exactly "gameplay". PD simply are not good at online gaming. They have proven that pretty well by now.

I actually find the Tokyo race pretty enjoyable. It goes fairly quick for me. I try it with different cars and see where the limits are for each. That's basically all I do in this game (plus livery dabbling). The online racing is awful. The campaign mode is abysmal.

Oh sorry, sounded like you were just chiming in with your personal fave....
"I'm doing Sardegna..."
instead of saying
"Sardegna is the most efficient grind now..."
was unclear to me.

I'll go give it a try now. I don't have a 787, or any Gr1 cars for that matter..so we'll see how it goes.

LOL, getting every last mile out of those tires
Sardegna is fun also with the Sauber Mercedes C9, ballast and power reduction to stay within the performance limit. It kind of struggle from the start/finish to 2/3 of the track, then it slaughters everything else. 1 stop strategy with a bit of FM play.

My new grind is Sardegna with the properly tuned Escudo, I can usually get under 24 minutes. I set that as my goal so it gives me at least something to enjoy.
I Still do this race a lot and regularly getting the CRB, it's not that hard. I Don't want to derail this thread with other races but I often race Sardegna as well. This was a recent run and also my fastest one yet using the Mazda 787.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221207200831.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221207200831.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221207200529.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221207200529.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 21
The only issue here is you can only change tyres for more IM,if at all.At present theres no option to change to a lesser compound tyre in game,hopefully it would be a good thing to implement if it ever happens.
We need to be able to swap any compounds in on a pit stop on each end so long as it stays within PP requirements. It shouldn't lock us into running identical tires on front and back after we change them.
My new grind is Sardegna with the properly tuned Escudo, I can usually get under 24 minutes. I set that as my goal so it gives me at least something to enjoy.
I tried the Escudo yesterday: almost 29 minutes. That car will not stay on the road for me. I did find some serious glitches with the tuning on it.

I tried the Escudo yesterday: almost 29 minutes. That car will not stay on the road for me. I did find some serious glitches with the tuning on it.
The 787B is only about 40 secs slower for me for total race time, but really easy to drive. You can tune it with the same principles as the Escudo i.e. min front downforce max rear with the rear ride height higher than the front to correct the understeer you'd otherwise get from that downforce setup.

Back