The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Yeah, you buy a console to just switch it on and load up a game. The whole idea of mid-gen upgraded consoles is making me consider stopping gaming, because there's no way I'm getting a new console past my wife. I can't even get her to agree to a PS4, let alone an upgrade on the console I've already got.

VXR
Yeah, you buy a console to just switch it on and load up a game. The whole idea of mid-gen upgraded consoles is making me consider stopping gaming, because there's no way I'm getting a new console past my wife. I can't even get her to agree to a PS4, let alone an upgrade on the console I've already got.

Perhaps existing models should support hardware upgrades. Given your situation, it would probably be easier to sneak some packaged components through the door. :sly:

VXR

Yeah, that was the reason I switched to consoles in the first place, I was sick of my PC not meeting some ridiculous requirement every time I bought a game (this was the late 90's). I would prefer a higher initial console outlay and have it last a decade rather than the way things are going now.

There is no confirmed answer yet. If the Xbox 1.5 works in the same way the PS4K is rumoured to, the Xbox One will still be supported by future titles so existing owners would only need to upgrade if they want to run games at a higher resolution and a higher frame rate.

Well, they couldn't have made it powerful enough already to have high resolution and frame rates? Why now? I'm starting to think I should have held out on the XbOne and waited to get an upgraded PS4.

All in all, marketing "upgraded" consoles is not a good practice, not a good one at all. Who knows, maybe the X360 will remain the most successful MS console for a while - 8 years. Hasn't even been 5 years, and there's talk of releasing a better console. Talk about alienating audiences.

You'd hope they fail terribly, especially if there's an Xbox One Slim at the same time. They need to be told in the boldest terms, we don't want a scaled console offering.

Xbox 32X can do one.

I'm not downplaying anything pc are easy as well now and console become much more complicated it's not a snes anymore. I still don't agree with that argument, nothing to say on price tho that's true.

VXR
The fact you have to upgrade and make sure drivers are in place is one extra step, even if that is an easier process now than it was 10-15 years ago. Consoles should just live and die as they were conceived. That was their purpose for being.
Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion. But for discussion sake, I've been a car enthusiast all my life. I've tweaked, installed, modified, tinkered, swapped, upgraded, etc. many of my IRL cars over the years. It's what us "gear heads" tick :D. So, what is a little tinkering, modding, upgrading, etc. of a simple computer. The freedom to make something better or unique is what drives many of us. Not that is matters, but what do you do to your IRL cars, leave them as-is or do you personalize?
Note, I use cars for my analogy, but it could be anything a person does IRL.
For gaming consoles, I feel restricted, but that's me, just my opinion, my $.02.

I haven't altered my current car, because I feel it's sweet enough as is. I changed cosmetic items on previous cars, however. I've never felt inclined to alter performance on any of them, though.

VXR
I haven't altered my current car, because I feel it's sweet enough as is. I changed cosmetic items on previous cars, however. I've never felt inclined to alter performance on any of them, though.
Maybe that's my problem, I can't leave well enough alone, I like to tinker and create something no one else has, or get a car for instance to perform better than as produced by the manufacturer.
I understand many just want plug-n-play, but there are just as many that like the ability to tinker - hence the computer vs console discussion. To me an up-gradable console would be a nice option :D

Maybe that's my problem, I can't leave well enough alone, I like to tinker and create something no one else has, or get a car for instance to perform better than as produced by the manufacturer.
I understand many just want plug-n-play, but there are just as many that like the ability to tinker - hence the computer vs console discussion. To me an up-gradable console would be a nice option :D
I understand how you'd feel that for a car, as I'm the same way, but I just don't feel that way with my gaming. There's no reason for me to want to make my console my own, as I would with a vehicle. On the subject, I'd prefer to have one fixed spec for devs to aim for, as recent years have shown that even some have a hard time hitting one.

With the AMD chip announcement today it's safe to say that the next Xbox will very likely be fitted with exactly the same chip as the PS4 Neo making up for the slight power deficiency the One had over the PS4. So the enhanced mode graphics on both might be identical.

With the AMD chip announcement today it's safe to say that the next Xbox will very likely be fitted with exactly the same chip as the PS4 Neo making up for the slight power deficiency the One had over the PS4. So the enhanced mode graphics on both might be identical.

Well, this is just perfect. I bought my XB-One hardly 2 months back. And now this. I think it's time to either give up gaming or move on to PC permanently.

Calling all Xbox One wizards... Over the weekend another account was temporarily added to my console through the 'family' option under settings. The account has since been removed again, but now my own original account shows all the games tied to that other deleted account as ready to install on the screen where games, DLC, and apps are managed. Why is that?

It's annoying to delete something and then being stuck with traces tied to what was deleted, especially when it relates to another person's account.

Next months GWG have been announced.

June 1 - 30 - Goat Simulator (XB1)
June 16 - July 15 - The Crew (XB1)
June 1 - 15 - Super Meat Boy (X360)
June 16 - 30 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown (X360)

Sweet, I'm going to download both games for XB1 in June. The regular version of The Crew (not Wild Run) still has the graphics update, right?

Sweet, I'm going to download both games for XB1 in June. The regular version of The Crew (not Wild Run) still has the graphics update, right?
Yes, the standard version got the graphics upgrade as well AFAIK

From the Neogaf 'leaks'...

CkxjD4xWkAEReHR.jpg:large

Ckxm3YnWUAAQk_i.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back