The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Got a little bored today so I hit the Xbox Controller Design Studio, might order myself 1 at a later date.
20181223_154020.jpg
20181223_154216.jpg
20181223_160258.jpg
20181223_160206.jpg
20181223_155134.jpg
20181223_155352.jpg
20181223_155540.jpg
20181223_155641.jpg
20181223_155745.jpg
20181223_155844.jpg

Also some GTPlanet Specials
20181223_160602.jpg
20181223_161035.jpg
20181223_160801.jpg
20181223_161252.jpg

Just using the standard Xbox colour scheme, I like the minimalist look.

Last edited:
Not sure how such a garbage operating system can take up so much space on the one x. And why cant i add all my games to the home screen? Stupid, it really annoys me !

PSA: You can buy a 2-month Subscription to Xbox Game Pass for £2/$2... Which very conveniently became available during the week Crackdown 3 releases. ;)

The backwards compatible games they've been releasing with the GFG program have been pretty good. I'm also slightly interested in the Adventure Time game, too.

The backwards compatible games they've been releasing with the GFG program have been pretty good. I'm also slightly interested in the Adventure Time game, too.

That's one thing that I think works with the GFG program for backwards compatible games - is that usually, if one doesn't interest you, then you can count on the other one to be something more your speed. And then you have the two Xbox One games. It makes for a wonderful package, certainly a lot better then the offerings you get with PS Plus more often then not.

So...does anyone else own the 360 Splinter Cell games on Xbox One?

I just got about 700 MB updates for all three (Double Agent, Conviction, Blacklist) and I don't know why. 4K support, maybe?

I just got about 700 MB updates for all three (Double Agent, Conviction, Blacklist) and I don't know why. 4K support, maybe?
Xbox One X support.

Yes. Along with Ninja Gaiden and two Fable games.

Whilst I'm happy to hear about the next Xbox I hope MS isn't making a grave mistake of announcing first ahead of Sony.

@MrCrynox
Why would it be an mistake? Most of the stuff will be set in stone anyway, considering the consoles will presumably launch next year.

As we know Sony already talked about small bits and i expect MS revealing just a bit more and maybe show Halo running on PC close to their scarlet specs... An "Scorpio reveal +" so to speak, but not an major blowout. There should be enough time next year to do this.

@rhalgr If MS provide details of their machine specs & details of their gameplan it hands the advantage to the competition, there is plenty of time to react, imo. I dunno let's see..

@rhalgr If MS provide details of their machine specs & details of their gameplan it hands the advantage to the competition, there is plenty of time to react, imo. I dunno let's see..
Sony announced about 6-8 months before release the specs, including their RAM solution and that they were able to double the RAM.

Microsoft couldn't react, outside of small overclocks to the more powerful ps4. They decided early on that they want 8GB RAM and GDDR5 RAM wasn't possible/viable in this capacity yet. So they decided to go for DDR3 and had to stick to it.

Obviously we are further out this time and I don't expect MS to announce everything at this E3. However these consoles are planed and build years in advance and there is a lot the company can't just replace, even if they like too.

Last edited:
It's likely that the component orders have already been placed for the next console if it's going to release early to mid next year, it takes a very long time to plan and ramp up production lines, supply chains etc so I expect the specs (or rather they major ones) have probably been already finalised.

Boo, they didn't show the actual consoles design but confirmed the specs and date. Holiday 2020

Using the SSD as RAM was interesting, possible upgradability there.

Last edited:
Boo, they didn't show the actual console but confirmed the specs and date. Holiday 2020

So far it kinda all sounds like the same that's in the PS5 at lease with that you actually saw a load time demo.

So does PS win E3 without being there? :confused:

Boo, they didn't show the actual consoles design but confirmed the specs and date. Holiday 2020

A RAMDisk is nothing new, but it is very interesting in a console. I think the point is to leverage NVMe performance without the additional cost. I'm interested in knowing how much RAM the console has now, especially if it's 4x more powerful than the One X.

I...need to go write the article now because my nerd senses are going off. :lol:

So far it kinda all sounds like the same that's in the PS5 at lease with that you actually saw a load time demo.

So does PS win E3 without being there? :confused:
Possibly, to be honest the highlight of that presentation for me was the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer and Keanu Reeves reveal, and that's a multi-platform game, so over all not a very interesting year for Microsoft. The lego Forza Horizon 4 expansion look slike it could be fun, but I've given up on FH4 so it's probably a pass for me but at least they're thinking outside the box on that.

Was not ps load time demo with a this gen game ? If so that does not prove anything . I never owned a xbox but with their game pass deals and flightsim i might be tempted try them over ps this gen .

Well PS5 is backwards compatible so of course they had to show a "this gen" game.

Only one gaming company is currently poised to compete with Google. Spoiler: It isn't Sony.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/09/xbox-streaming-google-stadia-e3-2019/

This is a interesting read

Partnered with AMD, Scarlett uses a state-of-the-art SoC created from the ground up for the console. Based on Zen 2/Navi architecture, this upcoming console will be 4 times more powerful than the current Xbox One X.

With GDDR6 memory, the console will support 120fps, variable refresh rate, real-time ray-tracing, next-gen SSD technology and more. The upcoming console will even be able to use the built-in SSD as virtual RAM.

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-scarlett-ray-tracing-gddr6-4x-more-powerful-xboxonex/

A RAMDisk is nothing new, but it is very interesting in a console. I think the point is to leverage NVMe performance without the additional cost. I'm interested in knowing how much RAM the console has now, especially if it's 4x more powerful than the One X.

I...need to go write the article now because my nerd senses are going off. :lol:

Isn’t a RAM disk the other way around though? Using a portion of RAM to act like storage which would’ve been a godsend in the ‘old days’ when disk drives were slow.

Whereas this is presumably using an SSD as extra RAM. Which funnily enough I saw in action in the last few days when someone’s anti virus software had a memory leak. The PC started using the page file on the SSD as extra RAM instead but was still usable to work on. Noticeably slower than usual but still workable. Will be interested to hear what assets they’d load into this ‘slow RAM’ in gaming.

Back