The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
This is kind of a long deal, but let me set this up. I noted in a Status Update that I was tempted to buy a secondhand XBOX 360 when I was at a secondhand book store this past weekend. I somewhat thought of starting a new gaming experience by going from my PlayStation gaming to the realm of Microsoft and the XBOX. There were even a number of older XBOX 360 and even original XBOX games I wanted to play. If it were up to me, I'd love to expand my Forza Motorsport experience as well as even play the Project Gotham Racing series. And who knows? Maybe I want to educate myself more on the HALO series. Maybe I want to try some more XBOX exclusive series.

Where is the relevance to the XBOX One series in all of this? Well, someone said to me that the XBOX One X is capable of playing original XBOX and XBOX 360 games. So if I was to consider this fully, someone would mention I should simply get an XBOX One and play current XB1 games as well as past XBOX games from past XBOX systems. I am kind of unsure what direction to take here. Not sure if I should invest in an XBOX One or maybe get a secondhand XBOX 360 after being told about the XBOX One X. This would also mean I have to also invest in joining XBOX Live to maximize the experience.

Any of you care to sway my interest or offer some advice here?

Dude, if you have no budget constraints, I say go for the OneX + UHD TV that supports HDR 10 and a good Dolby Atmos 7.1 (you're just future-proofing yourself) system to boot.

However, if you're squarely focused on X360 games, then as prousonhairy said, you won't be having access to many of the signature X360 games like FM2, 3 and 4.

So get the X360 if you want to experience everything the last generation had to offer (superb collection no doubt), get the normal One if you want to see the current lineup, get the One S if you want 4K Bluray movies and streaming (plus HDR in supported games), get the One X if you want all the bells and whistles AND the ability to play not only X360 but original Xbox games as well (again, the list is limited at the moment).

I were you, I'd just get the OneX + UHD TV/surround sound system and call it a day. :D

Thanks for the suggestions! To be honest, if I did want to pick up the XBOX One, I would probably be best off with either an XBOX 360 or just the base XBOX One. Again- I haven't seriously given thought towards getting anything XBOX right now. Just exploring my options as any other avid shopper. I don't consider myself fancy. So I don't think I'll have the money to get a 4K TV and get myself any of the bigger XB1 models.

That said, I probably am not too sure what I would go with to start an XB1 collection. Of course, I want to play the XB1 Forza Motorsport titles. My only link with the XBOX One is that I previously praised the controller for being so comfortable to hold and play games with. I previously didn't... I've never hated the XBOX- just didn't get into it as much then. But I guess the appeal of the XBOX 360 at a secondhand dealer got me intrigued. And if I could, I surely would want to try to play the Forza Motorsport games to grasp more experience of the racing game series I was once one of the biggest haters of.

Thank all of you, once again.

Thanks for the suggestions! To be honest, if I did want to pick up the XBOX One, I would probably be best off with either an XBOX 360 or just the base XBOX One. Again- I haven't seriously given thought towards getting anything XBOX right now. Just exploring my options as any other avid shopper. I don't consider myself fancy. So I don't think I'll have the money to get a 4K TV and get myself any of the bigger XB1 models.

That said, I probably am not too sure what I would go with to start an XB1 collection. Of course, I want to play the XB1 Forza Motorsport titles. My only link with the XBOX One is that I previously praised the controller for being so comfortable to hold and play games with. I previously didn't... I've never hated the XBOX- just didn't get into it as much then. But I guess the appeal of the XBOX 360 at a secondhand dealer got me intrigued. And if I could, I surely would want to try to play the Forza Motorsport games to grasp more experience of the racing game series I was once one of the biggest haters of.

Thank all of you, once again.

Anytime man. 👍 :gtpflag:

A 4K TV is truly a worthwhile investment IF you're planning to get an X1X. A really great 1080p TV from Samsung or Sony should get you by just fine if the X1 is in your crosshairs. It sounds to me like you really want to build your X360 collection or are you mostly interested in just getting the Forza games on X360?

Why not just get into the current gen Forza games and go with the regular one? Believe me, the OneX is a 4K console that boasts faster loading times. That's it. All games that come out on the OneX are going to be identical to the regular console versions. MS does not want to alienate its userbase by offering a console that plays games better (i.e. same game running at 60 fps on the One X instead of 30 on the regular models). If you're really picky about gaming resolutions and faster loading times, the OneX is for you.

If 4K Bluray movies and video streaming aren't on your list, the regular model will more than meet your requirement, though bear in mind it comes with 500 GB storage, which means about 120 GB is already reserved for system files. You may need to get an external HDD at some point if you're planning to keep at least 10+ games at any given time, provided all average around 40-50 GB each.

Invest in the regular XB1 friend, and get all the Forza titles on it - they are all good believe me, with unique strengths and shortcomings, so I can't really say which is the best among the ForzaM and Horizon games on X1. Just get em' all - they'll bring you hours of fun and entertainment.

Finally, if you're looking for players to cruise around with or race against, you can go ahead and add me. :cheers:

Preorders for the Xbox One X should be available any day now, the FCC finally approved it.
Sweet, I'll have to drop by the local Microsoft store and ask for details... and incentives. The usually give a gift card for pre-ordering a game so hopefully they got something for pre-ordering a console.

Sweet, I'll have to drop by the local Microsoft store and ask for details... and incentives. The usually give a gift card for pre-ordering a game so hopefully they got something for pre-ordering a console.
You can preorder now, it just started early this week.

I think I'm going to hold off on preordering. I just bought a new truck, and want seat covers and a soundystem in the thing. As much as I want to play FM7 in 4k, the truck will win out every time. :lol:

You can preorder now, it just started early this week.

I think I'm going to hold off on preordering. I just bought a new truck, and want seat covers and a soundystem in the thing. As much as I want to play FM7 in 4k, the truck will win out every time. :lol:

Hahaha, been there! I could have picked up the One last year but me car needed some work, plus I needed to renew my gym membership. Real stuff will always trump games and entertainment. :)

By the way, how many people do you think will end up buying the One-X if they don't have a 4K TV + Dolby Atmos receiver?

Hahaha, been there! I could have picked up the One last year but me car needed some work, plus I needed to renew my gym membership. Real stuff will always trump games and entertainment. :)

By the way, how many people do you think will end up buying the One-X if they don't have a 4K TV + Dolby Atmos receiver?

I bet there will be more than you would think. I'm sure there will be more than a few clueless parents getting this for their kid for Xmas, when they don't have a 4K tv. I bought the TV and sound bar, just haven't decided for sure on the system.

Interesting... there are sound bars with Dolby Atmos support? Wasn't aware.

Well, I suppose getting a One-X is one of those things - if you really really need the 4K resolution + faster load times, you could get it. As far as I see it, games on the normal One models and One-X are not going to be vastly different, but if you do want to get the 'top of the line' experience, then you gotta cough up top dollar.

Is there a concrete and safe way to save all the progress I currently have in Forza 5, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 on my current Xbox One 500 GB (original), and get those exact game saves over to a newer Xbox One 1TB S/X?

I don't want to start all over just because of a new console.

Yes, I have googled it but there are so many different answers.

Including future Forza games?!

Suddenly I'm really interested.

That's pretty much all you're getting out of this, lol. Considering how absolutely barren the landscape is for Xbox exclusives, this reeks of a desperation move by Xbox to get at least some people in their corner.

Still not interested in Xbox Game Pass at all, especially after this.

Considering how little exclusives made a dent on the overall 2017 sales charts — on either system — I really don't see how XB1's lack of them is a massive issue. The people that tend to go on about it only own a PS4.

Of course, that also means I don't see this as big deal. It's a nice touch, and could come in handy for those that only buy a few games a year, but I doubt it'll be the deciding factor for anybody trying to decide between Sony and Microsoft.

With multi-platforms (theoretically) looking best on the One X, I think MS has a selling point there.

I got a 4 month free trial to this game pass from a Seagate HDD I bought. Out of all the games on the current list, there’s really only a few that interest me or that I would download. I definitely wouldn’t pay a monthly fee for it.

And the one game that I am playing on it, Metal Gear Solid V(which is an absolutely kick ass game, I just never got around to trying it until now), they informed me the other day they are removing at the end of January. It’s only $15-$20 to buy, so I’ll just do that.

Games with Gold for February revealed:

Standout title for me is absolutely Split Second. Didn't interest me enough at release for me to buy it, but I've heard more good things about it over the years. Crazy Taxi also looks worth a shot!

I can't recall if that version had Bad Religion and Offspring restored to the soundtrack? I sure missed Fila and Pizza Hut branding on the Xbox original port.

VXR
I can't recall if that version had Bad Religion and Offspring restored to the soundtrack? I sure missed Fila and Pizza Hut branding on the Xbox original port.
It wont be Crazy Taxi if it doesn't. :(

So I am downloading Shadow Warrior right now...yet I don't see Split/Second available for free, and if I search for it, it tells me that I have to pay 20 bucks or however much it is for it digitally. What's going on?

So I am downloading Shadow Warrior right now...yet I don't see Split/Second available for free, and if I search for it, it tells me that I have to pay 20 bucks or however much it is for it digitally. What's going on?
Looks like they’ve fixed it. Showing on GWG for me now for free

It wont be Crazy Taxi if it doesn't. :(
It's out on GWG now and after playing it for about an hour it does appear that The Offspring and Bad Religion have been removed from the soundtrack, and all the branded locations are also gone.

Back